[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, Frog here. Cibles, a French gun mag, made a presentation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161129_080507678.jpg (699KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_080507678.jpg
699KB, 960x1280px
Hi guys, Frog here.

Cibles, a French gun mag, made a presentation of the HK416F this month, I thought you might be interested in the special features of the F version, there are quite a few of them.

>A2 buttstock instead of the new Slimline, because the A2 is more comfortable with rifle grenades.
>Open 3-groove flash hider.
>backup iron sights, 50 and 300m.
>under Picatinny rail doesn't go all the way to the lower in order to leave space for the hand, should the operator hold the gun by the mag well.
>over Picatinny rail shortened in order to leave space above the arming lever (for FELIN optics).
>gas selector switch is gone (wtf), the DGA wasn't convinced by it
>rifle grenade ring
>while the FAMAS had an adjustable ring that you could use to modify range, the HK's is fixed
>no rifle grenade sights, the sights will be on the grenade itself
>no gas block when firing a rifle grenade, the operator will have to remove the magazine before firing a rifle grenade if he doesn't want accidental auto fire
>4.4 lbs. trigger
>because of the recoil generated by the rifle grenades, the forward assist's spring is stiffer and the trigger group has been reinforced and a piece behind the hammer has been added in order the dampen the shock of the hammer against the separator
>part polymer arming lever
>polymer dust cover
>the pins holding the trigger group in place are destructive, in order to avoid all field modification

And a few other minor things the magazine doesn't mention.
>>
So they made an HK416 worse, all while meeting the requirements of an M16A2

Literally just give everyone fucking M4's with a fucking centurion C4 and an A1 length fixed stock and call it a fucking day

What is the fucking point

Fucking morons
>>
>>32152889
What?
>>
>>32152857
That's both interesting and sad to hear at the same time. It seems like the features are more suited to Cold War doctrine, tailored for set piece battles rather than the small unit engagements that western troops face in the Middle East and Africa.

I could be wrong, but it seems like most of those features are a step backwards. Rifle grenades were outdated by the M203 in the 70's; the idea of a modern assault rifle using them baffles me.

I hope it turns out well though, I love France, and hope that her armed forces have the best.
>>
>>32152902
What is there to be confused about you dumb ass faggot
>>
>>32152912
OP here.
they will use 40x46mm grenades too with the M320, the rifle grenade's recoil is too rough for the FELIN optics.
>>
>>32152889
Call the amberlamps. HK pained another pussy
>>
>lets kill our domestic arms industry and buy from the germans
>this couldnt possibly have negative long term implications
>>
>>32152945
>these were decisions made by HK

Except they weren't

Nice try
>>
>>32152857
More first hand info on French small arms is always welcome. Thanks.
>>
>destructive pins

u wat
>>
File: HK416.jpg (244KB, 2143x834px) Image search: [Google]
HK416.jpg
244KB, 2143x834px
>>32152889
A2 buttstock refers to the HK416A2, not the M16A2
>>
Just stick with the famas
>>
>>32153043
France has this old habit of treating its soldiers like retarded children who can't do anything right.
>>
>>32153073
The FAMAS is literally falling apart in some units and the company that made them no longer exists
>>
>>32153081
y tho
>>
>>32153043
>>32153081

what the fuck is a destructive pin?

A self-destructing pin?

Some shitty translation of anti-tamper?
>>
>>32153083
Why? Why would the company that makes the main service rifle of your country not exist, I don't understand.
>>
>>32153103
I don't know for sure.
It means that if you remove the pin, the pin is fucked and you can't put it back.
>>
>>32153110
Incase a religion of peace gets ahold of them?
>>
>>32153122
No, in the magazine it says it was done that way order to avoid a soldier swapping the trigger group with a group that didn't pass drop tests.
>>
>>32153107
The company exists, the factory and tools that produced them don't. The last FAMAS was made in 2002 when the MAS factory closed. Most troops are still stuck with F1s, though they have modified them to accept rails for FELIN.

France has basically gutted their own small arms industry. They still make their own vehicles and some missiles but they get most of their infantry weapons from the germans and belgians now
>>
>>32153131
Why......
>>
>>32153158
UH HELLO IT'S 2016
>>
bmup
>>
>>32153158
probably because of either lack of funding or pressure from the EU to increase military collaboration between member states.
>>
>>32152857
>>while the FAMAS had an adjustable ring that you could use to modify range, the HK's is fixed

I got a chance to shoot a FAMAS a few years ago, just a few mags of rifle ammunition, so no rifle grenades. However, I knew what those rings were for but I didn't understand how they were graduated.

Is each lug like 25 or 50m? There was 12 possible settings, so is it graduated to 600m? 300? 1200?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.