[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of a way to make my Tokarev mags drop free? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20161122_232054.jpg (456KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_232054.jpg
456KB, 2048x1152px
Anyone know of a way to make my Tokarev mags drop free? I'm really sick of having to pull out every mag to reload.

Some background:
>Don't care about dropping full mags, just empty ones
>Empty mags WILL drop... But only when the slide is forward. And when the hell am I ever going to need to drop a mag if my slide is not locked back?
>As soon as the slide is locked back, it becomes impossible for the mag to drop free, I have to pull it out
>Gun in question is a Polish TT-33, no magazine safety, no added safety whatsoever
>The hammer being back or forward has no bearing on whether or not the mag will drop, ONLY the position of the slide

I've narrowed down the issue to a little button on top of the hammer assembly that gets pushed down when the slide goes over it, this button pushes down a little lever thing that slightly pushes the trigger downward.

I'm not really sure where to go from here
>>
My 1911s mag will drop, if theres a wee bit of pressure on the trigger. Dunno if that helps tho
>>
>>32141814
I've tried this too, doesn't make a difference. I don't know why though. I'm thinking of just filing down all the points on the magazines that show wear and seeing what happens
>>
>>32141824
Do you have multiple mags?
>>
>>32141824
Do something like this and just try to find where the mags are binding. Then polish those areas
>>
just get a better gun and quit being slav shit
>>
>>32141832
Only 2 mags as of right now, they both came with the pistol

>>32141835
Good idea, never thought of polish
>>
File: tokarev_tt33_trigger.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tokarev_tt33_trigger.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>32141848
I bent the sides of my trigger outwards, on mine they were gouging into the sides of the mags.
yours might just need a polish
>>
Can't you remove the part with the little button on it. Or just file that down.
Just make sure you can get a new one just in case that fucks your gun up
Take pics and share so we can learn from you Senpai!
>>
>>32141845
Lazy shit!

Don't you know playing arts and crafts with your cheap slavshit is half the fun of owning it
>>
File: 20161128_033356.jpg (427KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161128_033356.jpg
427KB, 2048x1152px
>>32142261
I've looked into it, and it's the disconnector.

I don't know exactly what the disconnector DOES, but I do know it's the cause of the issue here.
The disconnector pushes down into the back of the trigger when the slide is back.
At first I thought it was the trigger holding the magazine in place when the disconnector pushes down on it, but the mag still doesn't drop even if I pull the trigger as far back as I can.

I think the disconnector itself is actually putting pressure on my magazine, holding it in place.

I confirmed this by finding some wear on my magazine, EXACTLY where it would be making contact with the disconnector.
>>
>>32142357
I filed down some magazine, and a tiny amount of disconnector and trigger and now my magazines fall free.
Took long enough
>>
>>32142607
Congrats on solving the problem, Anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.