[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm normally an AK guy, but I developed a great need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 6bbc0cc2a7fadfb15dc234d3589a5702.jpg (304KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
6bbc0cc2a7fadfb15dc234d3589a5702.jpg
304KB, 1024x554px
I'm normally an AK guy, but I developed a great need to build an AR. I'm thinking an SPR like rifle so far I've decided on the following parts:
>Noveske Gen 1 lower
>VLTOR MUR upper
>Black Hole Weaponry 1/7 18 inch SPR barrel
Do you guys have any suggestions for my build?
Pic semi related
>>
Also general build thread.
>>
File: IMG_0861.jpg (3MB, 2773x2899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0861.jpg
3MB, 2773x2899px
>>32124829
Bring this to /arg/ but for the mean time, I would really look into Ballistic Advantage for barrels. The Hanson profile is pretty great and very light, which will help with SPR's since they usually end up on the heavier end of the spectrum. I'm also the resident, VLTOR MUR + Noveske Lower + BA barrel shill, so take my advice for what it is
>>
>>32124980
Alright, thanks. I'll look into BA barrels. I don't like posting in /arg/ usually because a lot of tripfags yell at each other and my questions rarely get answered.
>>
>>32125025
Oh btw, the gen 1 is just a basic forged lower. At $135, you're really just paying for the roll mark (which is fine, because it looks good). You will pretty much get the same quality out of cheaper alternatives such as Aero, Spikes, or PSA.

Anderson's on the other hand have had some fitment issues in the past, so I would forgo them as an option.
>>
>>32125066
>>32125025
Im also not that name fag I was shitposting him on /arg/
>>
>>32124980
/arg/ is a useless shitpile of meme parts and faggotry.
>>
>>32124829
Are you cloning or just building a 18" dmr type thing?
>>
>>32125066
I kinda want a gucci roll mark for resale value and because it's cool, but also the fitment issue was a thing.

>>32125079
>>32125156
Pretty much why I don't go to /arg/ or /akg/

>>32125210
I just want an 18 inch DMR with a rifle length gas system, so kind of like an MK12, but I couldn't really care less about the PRI furniture.
>>
>>32125210
But I do kind of have a hard on for the MK12 flip up sight gas block, but I'm on the fence about it.
>>
>>32126717
http://www.customar15.net/shop/ar-15-upper-receivers/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/lothar-walther-18in-223-wylde-match-grade-barrel-choose-profile/

If you want 18" rifle-length barrel, this is what you really want. Integrity Arms isn't well-known outside of AR15 builders but they're legit and will be even more accurate than BA barrels, but also more expensive.

My personal advice for AR15 builds is:

No quad rails. Keymod or M-Lok and if weight is everything only get a handguard long enough to cover the gas tube but leave the gas block exposed. Don't drop 200+ dollars on a handguard from BCM or DD, that's unnecessary. Aero, Midwest, and a whole lot of other companies make great free-float handguards.

Matched receiver sets. If you get an Aero upper, get an Aero lower. This generally means better fit between the upper and lower.

Don't get billet lowers or uppers. They are almost universally more heavy AND less durable. Get forged lowers and uppers. They're a little less pretty but you want function, not pretty.

Don't get NiB or NP3 unless it's from a company that knows what they're doing like DD or LMT. These coatings require the BCG to be made undersize to compensate for the thickness the coating adds. A lot of cheaper companies won't do this process properly and it will lead to issues. Toolcraft from WCArmory and AIM Surplus are both good to go and solidly priced.

Coatings like phosphate, QPQ/SBN/Melonite/Nitride don't impact the dimensions much if at all. I will generally recommend nitrided parts if at all possible because they are almost rust-proof when properly done. You can run corrosive ammo through rifles with nitrided parts and they won't rust even if you don't clean it: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=178205

From personal experience if you soak a phosphated BCG in water and soap long enough it will form rust within a few hours

I'd recommend nitrided gas tubes as well. Stainless steel will work but nitride is more rust-resistant.
>>
File: 1478157366565.jpg (83KB, 536x677px) Image search: [Google]
1478157366565.jpg
83KB, 536x677px
>>32124829
I am doing the same thing right now.
-$40 and free shipping from brownells
>18" Criterion Barrel -$220
>low-pro gas block -$50

-10% off + free shipping from rainier arms
>14"SLR handguard -$170

Sale + free shipping from Tom's
>Aero stripped upper -$60
>VG6 gamma brake -$65

-dat primaryarms geissele sale
>S2G -$110
>Magpul pistol grip -$15

My wallet is hurting so fucking bad right now.
>>
File: 1445437951962.png (929KB, 1024x671px) Image search: [Google]
1445437951962.png
929KB, 1024x671px
>>32124829
Congrats on being trans-rifle
>>
>>32128878
Thanks for the info, I'll start building a decent parts list. Also, are ALG forearms good?
>>32128949
That shit will be sweet man.
>>32128989
I still love AKs I just like ARs too. I don't discriminate against patterns.
>>
>>32124829

Get one of these:

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-556-18in-rifle-complete-upper.html
or
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-18in-223-wylde-complete-upper.html

Aero Precision uses Ballistic Advantage barrels. They are quality barrels that won't break the bank.

Get this:
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-stripped-lower-gen2-anodized-black.html

And an LPK sans trigger and grip, and a buffer/stock kit. Get whatever grip you want, and then add a Larue MBT (only at the I can wait cost though) or Geissle or Timney or other drop in trigger.

Get a 1-6x strike eagle and AP ultralight mount, add whatever bipod you want.
>>
>>32130143
ALG is fine, they're basically a division of Geissele targeted at lower price. Just make sure the weight is less than 11oz or so with barrel nut.
>>
>>32124980
>>32125025
Seconding Ballistic Advantage.
0.7 MOA on my barrel, shooting prone. I have no doubt it could be closer to 0.5MOA on a proper rack.
>>
>>32130278
That scope sounds good, but I really wanted to build this rifle myself. I think I've decided on a geissele DMR trigger.
>>32130639
Thanks. I found their hand guards aesthetically pleasing and at a better price than the geissele ones. I just wanted to make sure they were GTG.
>>
Also, is the VLTOR A5 recoil system thing a meme? I've heard people say it's good, but is it really special enough to drop that much money on it?
>>
>>32130700
If you have money to spare then go for it but I would spend more on a barrel before a VLTOR A5.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.