[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So,Id like to know if I can get a gunsmith to work on this to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 0003.jpg (68KB, 3386x522px) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
68KB, 3386x522px
So,Id like to know if I can get a gunsmith to work on this to make it a good hunting rifle.Id only shoot out to 100 yards.Would it be better to just get a new hunting rifle (savage axis) or get this worked on.I like the idea of using an old battle rifle to hunt but I also dont want the animal to suffer if the me and the gun cant get the shot right.

Any info is good
>>
>>32122537
Just buy a new rifle.
>>
>>32122537
Use the Mosin with irons and good ammo and leave it stock. Or buy a savage
>>
>>32122580
I planned to leave it as normal as I can.I was just gonna get it drilled and tapped for a scope.
>>
>>32122565
Im figuring that will be the consensus.Id just like to re-purpose it other then just sitting in my closet.
>>
>>32122537
Leave it stock, for the love of god. If you really need optics, just buy a rifle that was made to use them. Or get a PU Mosin.

I took my first deer with my 91/30. It's fine with irons, and as long as your ammo isn't shit and your bore is in good shape it will be plenty accurate for hunting. Just learn your gun first.

Plus you can shish-kebab squirrels on the bayonet when they annoy you.
>>
>>32122629
Why not just sell it then? Or take $500 and flush it down the toilet and not destroy a historical firearm.
>>
>>32122629
If you're so determined to make it something it's not, sell it to me and go buy a Savage Axis or something.

People need to learn to enjoy their firearms for what they are and not try to bubba them into something they aren't.
>>
>>32122615
Get an Axis don't fuck up this gun you stupid bubba
>>
Do you really need optics at 100 yards?
>>
>>32122537
But a hunting rifle you autistic fudd.
>>
>>32122615
Get a brass stacker. The scope mount fits into where the rear sight pins are. Mount a scope wihout fucking up your gun
>>
>>32122537
Never go full Bubba, sell it unfucked for decent change and buy a new rifle or fuck it and I'll let you pay me $20 to take it off your hands.
>>
File: Simo_Hayha_sniping_course.jpg (115KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
Simo_Hayha_sniping_course.jpg
115KB, 717x960px
>>32122537
>I also dont want the animal to suffer
Then why are you shooting the animal?
>if the me and the gun cant get the shot right.
The gun is not the problem; it has been used to hunt for a century.
>>
>>32122752
>fuck up a $150 piece of 4moa garbo
>>
>>32122537
i can shoot my 1898 mosin and get all shots in a 6" circle @ 100 yards. If you can do that with irons you shouldnt have an issue with using an original mosin. By the sound of it tho if i were you id get a modern rifle or a better made battle rifle. You should hit a few gun shops up locally that will let you fondle a few guns and see what ones you like the sights on best. Not knocking a mosin but i hate the sights on the 91/30 and finnish made variants even tho i own both (91/30 and m39).
>>
You would have to either mount a scope past the bolt and use a pistol scope with extreme eye relief. There is a kit to mount a picitinny rail on the front leaf. I had that kit and found it to be nearly pointless. It is held in place poorly and at the end of the day didn't help much with accuracy.

Or you can get the side of the receiver tapped, get a mount that doesn't block ejection, get the bolt handle bent and finally put a scope on. By the time you do this you could have just bought another rifle. You could probably have the work don't and all parts for $200 or just spend $300 on a pawnshop bolt action. Pawn shops usually get an influx of hunting rifles right after season. Hit them at the end of the month if they are a chain. You can usually get a better deal if they are trying to hit sales objectives.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.