[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im turning 21 soon and plan om buying a pistol. I own and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 642-2.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
642-2.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
Im turning 21 soon and plan om buying a pistol. I own and have been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was a kid, but my pistol shooting experience is limited. Convince to buy or not to buy a snub nose smith and wesson as a first hand gun.
>>
Go ahead if you want, that's not a horrible option. However if you're wanting to conceal carry it, the cylinders can be a bit thick compared to double/single stack semi-autos (G43, G26, M&P 9c, M&P Shield). If you want a general purpose, fun gun, you may want a G19/G17, GP100/SP101, or RIA 1911.
>>
>>32119015
Snub nose will limit accuracy, but otherwise a good choice op. I have the 3 1/2 inch barrel version and i love it.
>>
>>32119015
Thats a fucking awful choice t b h senpai. The 638 and 642 are designed specifically to be as small as possible with a comfort level that's the bare minimum of "shootable"

Unless you're concealed carrying, which it's also a few decades outdated for, and even then you'll only want to shoot it enough to be OK with groupings. It is not a range gun.

If you want a fun revolver, model 10s and 64s are $300 or so
>>
>>32119209
I agree with you, but it is not an awful choice.

He probably won't spend more than 40 dollars on ammo per month after the first month.

OP, if you intend to shoot a lot, buy a larger revolver or semi auto. Otherwise, this will be a very simple little gun- which is good.
>>
>>32119015
DO NOT buy a snub nosed revolver for your first handgun, they're difficult AF to master.

Buy One of the following

>Beretta 92
>CZ75
>Sig Sauer P226
>Glock 17/19
>Beretta PX4 Storm
>Lionheart LH9
>CZ P01/P07

9mm is cheap and all of these handguns have great aftermarket support.
>>
>>32119015
>poorfag revolver
>S&W with complementary Hillary Hole
>38 Special and not 357 Sig Magnum
Overall, pretty bad.
>>
>>32119015

Bad choice for a first gun unless you need a CCW.

I have one that I CCW. Lots of recoil, poor accuracy due to small sight radius. Not a very fun gun to shoot.
>>
>>32121173
>no REX zero 1
>glock 17
kys mode initiated
>>
>>32121512
>no rex zero 1

>no handgun that's barely hit the market with little to no aftermarket support

m'kay

>glock 17

I don't like Glocks but the fucking bricks work as much as I wish they didn't
>>
My first handgun was a 637, OP. They're a fine little revolver, but I have a few recommendations. Despite what some anons have said here, smith revolvers are not the cheapest revolvers available. Taurus 85s can be found in the $200-300 range and are decent for br, and rock island makes a colt detective clone for $250. The ruger LCR looks like ass but has one of the best DAO triggers Ive felt on a revolver. No matter what you get, here are sme general recommendations to make your experience with shooting snubbies easier:
1) DAO revolvers by nature have a 12-15lb trigger pull. You can reduce this by getting a Wolff spring kit. They cost like $10 and can be installed by you, once you've become confident in the internals of revolvers.
2)Put a dab of flourescent paint on the front and rear sight posts. Trench sites can be used to accurately hit targets put to 20 yards, but paint will help you acquire your sight picture.

Let me know if you'd like more advice on carrying snubbied, OP. I've carrying them for years now and I love em.

Also, if you do have your heart set on a smith, dont spend more than $350 for a gently used one.
>>
>>32119015
I own the 638 and it's a great little revolver. It's not fun to shoot with hot carry ammo, but with factory target ammo it's not bad at all. I personally hand load super light "Gallery loads" for range time and they actually make it a really fun gun to shoot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.