[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth it to buy an airsoft gun with a laser to train in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

is it worth it to buy an airsoft gun with a laser to train in your house with it?

ive heard you can get some programs with your camera and a projector that simulate a shooting range.

is it good to practice this way or will the difference in recoil between an airsoft gas blowback gun and a real gun be too different to train the same things?
>>
>>32115672
Hey man, people on this board give airsoft a hard time and idk why. It's great for getting kids in to guns and gun safety and they're fun to play with. I sure as hell enjoyed it as a kid. Don't feel bad about using airsoft so safely oper8 indoors
>>
>>32115847

Airsoft by itself is fine. It seems like you get a lot of fags who play some airsoft, some how believe they're delta, believe that training with airsoft, is the exact same as training with real firearms.
>>
File: girls-with-guns-15[1].jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
girls-with-guns-15[1].jpg
24KB, 500x333px
>>32116068
i guess i was referring to training aim, shot placement, double taps, multiple target shooting etc.

my main concern though is that i wont train myself to adequately account for recoil since the recoil of an airsoft gun is obviously alot less than a real gun
>>
>>32116162
recoil doesnt matter recoil is only important for follow up shots.
the only thing airsoft can help you with is sight acquisition.
the majority of pistol accuracy comes from mastering trigger pull. this is impossible with airsoft. ive handled alot and they range from timecrisis arcade booth, not even close to anything, and to well this would be right if it was 3-4lbs heavier but it isnt. if real guns had airsoft triggers shit would be so easy since everythings like no resistance or 1 lb.
double taps are right out learning to double tap with an airsoft gun or 22 leads to horrible results with real calibers.
multiple target shooting yeah its an adequate stand in for movement and sight acquisition but the actual trigger pull nope.
>>
>>32116262
thanks for the good advice; particularly the part about trigger pull.

i need a real steel to learn that then
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHA-rhGeG4

Now prepare for the buttfrustration by people who didn't bother to actually watch the video.
>>
>>32116298
from a training standpoint the only good things you can learn are movement with a gun and loadout setup. airsoft gives you an excuse to run and jump around with full gear. you learn quick what pouches are in the right place and whats worthless and needs to be ditched.

all the shooting parts of airsoft are worthless and have no bearing on reality. you an kinda get sight picture training but with masks etc its hard to get a sight picture and just easier to follow the stream of bbs.
>>
>>32116372
oh i dont mean actually playing airsoft.

i have an airsoft pistol and a holster and i was going to just shoot targets in my living room to train accuracy and shooting multiple targets etc.

do you think that it will be useful or will I fuck myself over because i will be learning the wrong trigger pull as >>32116262
mentioned?
>>
>>32115672
You could spring for a RAM pistol if you wanted to do something involving recoil indoors without using a real pistol.

Use rubber rounds indoors as you can pick them up and reuse them. Also maintenance can be a real bitch as RAM pistols have way more parts than the real thing. Lots of fiddly bits, and o-rings.

If you're doing it a lot you'd probably want to hook it up to a remote line and have some way of filling your own gas cylinders, say with a compressor.
>>
>>32116385
you wont completely fuck your self over people can adapt. its not like theres only 1 trigger pull. people pick up a glock or 1911 the apply what they learned with the new gun. the issue with training an airsoft pull is the skill you are mastering is worthless. very little will carry over to real shooting.
a pellet gun would be much better for practicing.
not a bb gun dont get a bb gun accuracy is crap.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.