[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about bullpups? Are there any legitimate reason why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 35

File: Atrax.webm (814KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Atrax.webm
814KB, 854x480px
Can we talk about bullpups? Are there any legitimate reason why they are NOT superior to standard rifles in everyway? What are some real drawbacks to them?
>inb4 difficult to reload
> inb4 expensive
> these two don't count
>>
>>32111455
shitty ergonomics in many shooting positions, non ambi except for the SS2000

you said it already - more money for less gun
>>
Awkward to reload, hope you like brass in the face if you're left handed.
>>
They are more difficult to reload.

They are expensive.

Theoretically less safe due to the close proximity of the chamber to your face. In reality, this is so fucking unlikely to cause issues I don't even know why people bring it up.

Crappier triggers due to the extended trigger bars.

No adjustable stocks.

Less space for your tacticool mall ninja attachments (or important things like grenade lawnchairs).
>>
File: leftiesneednotapply.gif (2MB, 452x254px) Image search: [Google]
leftiesneednotapply.gif
2MB, 452x254px
>>32111470
to what are you referring
>>
>>32111455
Shit triggers, little aftermarket support, and barely does anything better to warrant the cost of switching over. Consumer market doesn't like them because no large militaries use them (inb4 Australia) and large militaries don't like them because the cost & benefits of switching to a new standard issue rifle for 4" of barrel is asinine.

Buy an AR
>>
>>32111455
>hard to reload
>thinks it doesnt count
Try using the L85 prone, you arsehole. Or any bullpup, really. Youre not going to get as acurrate shots when lying down because of the lesser barrel in front of you, not to mention that most look stupid as shit.

How ever, i always love me some AUG and that weird AK bulpup conversion. Those things are sexy to me.

Lets boil this down
Cons:
>hard to reload in general, especially prone
>hard to place shots prone
>some designs are unreliable
>some just look ugly af
>and worst of all, they cost soooo much to produce and ship that being a poorfag like me, its hard to get my hands on one to even shoot it
;.; poorfagness, am i right?
>>
Not to mention that they tend to be harder to shoot at range because you can't use extended arm movements by the muzzle. You get a better grip for longer distance when you have access to a large handguard.
>>
File: shitpostshuffle.webm (3MB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostshuffle.webm
3MB, 640x350px
>>32111455
When can I buy a shitpostpup?
>>
>Crappier triggers due to the extended trigger bars.
This makes sense, mechanically speaking. Are there any good aftermarket triggers for a specific bullpup?
>No adjustable stocks.
I think this could be easily solved with an adjustable buttplate and changeable spacers.
>Less space for your tacticool mall ninja attachments (or important things like grenade lawnchairs).
To make the enemy /k/omfy?
>>32111473
>>
if you use an optic with a BDC reticle you need to account for the different height over bore vs an AR
>>
>>32111493
Geissle makes triggers for the tavor
>>
>>32111455
The biggest thing is reloading, shooting while prone, and triggers.
Triggers are negligible for grunt use and reloading is from lack of training, which a grunt would receive if a bullpup was their service rifle.
>>
>>32111480
Different anon (an Ausfag) here - while reloading prone is weird and I'll give you that, I don't see how firing prone is hard; it's not hard to go prone supported and I don't see how it's not easier unsupported than for AR-15 / conventional rifle.

The others are fair, though I love the aesthetics of the F88, F90, X95 and SAR-21. L85 and Type 95 look terrible to me though.
>>
>>32111480
>has the same length barrel
>not as accurate.

Ask me how I know youre a retard.
>>
>>32111730
You're talking to a tripshit, anon. Mull that over.
>>
>>32111479
Don't China and the UK both use Bullpups?
>>
Australian army, a very infantry focused force, uses a derivative of the AUG as their standard rifle. As does their special forces, the SAS.
They have for decades, incl in Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>32111455
The triggers are usually poop
>>
File: rdb.jpg (55KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
rdb.jpg
55KB, 528x960px
>>32111882
The trigger on my RDB is better than every milspec trigger I've fired. It's 4.5 lbs, almost as nice as my SSA-E
>>
>>32111879
In fact Australia manufactures them, in addition to Austria.
>>
>>32111825
There's only one large military and it doesn't use bullpukes.

U S A

S

A

U S A

S

A

Praise Jesus.
>>
I love my Steyr, reloading is a matter of practice. Prone positions, yes it is a challenge reloading.
I'm also 5'5" so having a 16in barrel that doesn't go to my ankle is nice. Trigger feels like a marshmallow but its consistent when the hammer falls I did have to get used to that.

I find my grouping is better than with m4/m16 when I was in, and the ars that I shot outside the military.

I like the weight distribution of the weapon system better as well.
I have an acog on the center rail and iron sights on 45 on the left side. If you angle the rifle, there isnt brass in the face.
But there are some draw backs. Trigger and reloading takes adjustment from traditional rifles. The prone reload is difficult until you figure it out. Cost of the rifle.

There are merits and demerits to both systems. I just hate the ar platform after the military. Just like I hate Berretta for the 92. But I had terrible experiences with them.
>>
forward ejecting, underwater capable
>>
File: Kiley-20120801-AUG-edited1.jpg (166KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
Kiley-20120801-AUG-edited1.jpg
166KB, 1000x635px
I'm a big augfag, it's one of my favorite rifles but I find myself still choosing to shoot traditional layout rifles more often. I've taken the AUG through a few local carbine classes and it always works.

I bought into the Tavor hype after loving the AUG for decades, but the Tavor is a range toy in comparison to the AUG. I don't know who makes a fighting rifle without an forward assist. I don't know who makes a piston rifle without adjustable gas. I don't know who designs a fighting rifle "looks first".

The MDR is vaporware.
>>
>>32111730
Sight radius motherfucker, how does it work?
>>
>>32111455
>>32111455
Never mind the retards on /k/, most of these are no guns. The biggest issue at the current time is cost. Everything else is a matter of training.
>>
>>32112036
I have an msar, back in the day there was a thing called the "trigger tamer" you can snap into the trigger pack to give it a much better trigger. Worked wonders.

Im afraid to shoot my msar anymore due to them going out of business, but i miss my aug. Might get a styer.
>>
>hurrr if you're lefty you're going to get pelted with brass hurrrrrrr

1. FS2000 ejects from the front
2. Tavor ejects down
3. AUG A2 + A3 are ambidextrous, can be switched to eject from other side
>>
>>32111455
>inb4 difficult to reload
>inb4 expensive
>these two don't count

Yes, they do. A rifle that is expensive to field in large quantities will often be overlooked in favor of a cheaper but fairly well-made weapon. A rifle that is difficult to reload will get a lot of soldiers killed in very heated firefights. Look at the Krag, it was an excellent rifle but the awkward feeding system was what did it in.
>>
>>32112154
Training issue, and the extra cost is extremely negligible in the grand scale of things.
>>
>>32112071
>forward assist
could this meme please die

pls
>>
>>32112241
Why wouldn't you want something that essential in a service rifle?
>>
>>32111479
China, UK, Australia, and Austria all uses bullpups last time I checked.
>>
>>32112138
If you are shooting from barriers/cover it is nice to have the option to shoot both left and right handed without getting hit in the face with brass on one side.
>>
>>32112154
The Krag had an internal magazine and could be loaded single shot. The issue wasn't that it was awkward to load, the issue was that command didn't want soldiers using the magazine.
>>
>>32112261
And France. Although not for long.
>>
>>32112289
I'm pretty sure that the Krag had a magazine cutoff. The issue was that the Spanish Mauser loaded from stripper clips and was far better than the Krag. Hence the adoption of the M-1903 which was essentially a copy of the Mauser.
>>
>>32112138
>Tavor ejects down

No it doesn't...? It ejects like any other rifle.
>>
>>32112138
Tavor ejects left or right like any other rife depending on how you configure it, but has a guard to prevent the round from hitting you in the face.
>>
>>32112138
The ambidexterity of the AUG is highly overrated. You need a totally different bolt to switch sides.
Awesome gun, terrible to shoot the side it isn't configured for. Still incredible as a home defense gun.
>>
>>32112154
Actually the Krag has been killed by shitty ammo and multiple malfunctions. That and the fact that it had a very weak locking system.
>>
>>32111469
>except for the SS2000
kel tec rfb
>inb4 vaporware
>>
>>32111879
SF all use M4s.
>>
>>32112087
>implying that sight radius matters woth optics
>>
>>32111455
Where'd that guy get a full auto?
>>
>everyone's facts are from the 90s
>>
File: 1477136502586.jpg (42KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
1477136502586.jpg
42KB, 599x461px
>>32111455
>>inb4 difficult to reload
>> inb4 expensive
>> these two don't count
>>
>>32111455
You can't switch shoulders back forth while navigating corners.
The controls are not between the hands.
You can't hand off your rifle to someone of opposite handedness.
Triggers are known to be less than stellar.
Overall, the design creates some awkwardness and has some ergonomics issues that have not been resolved.

I like bottom ejecting ones alright but even that has some pretty serious drawbacks like ejecting casings into your pockets and gear.

Overall, they just really aren't worth it for just making the weapon a little shorter. I mean, just get a folding stock or something.
>>
>>32111469
ps90
>>
File: 20160930_190733.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_190733.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>ITT: unlimited fuddlore works
the real answer: bullpups are more complex, for the trigger mechanism if nothing else
all other complaints you hear are either not specific to bullpups or training issues
>>32111914
can confirm
>>32111730
barrel harmonics. bullpups often don't have free-floated barrels. it's not a limitation of the concept, just happens to be commonplace.
the JARD J67 is free floated, for instance
>>
>>32112138
Uh no, the tavor ejects out and forward.
>>
>>32112899
As far as I know, harmonics arent an issue with the AUG.

Harmonics is a common issue with many gas actuated systems. But srs x95 a shit.
>>
>>32111455
bad ergo

expensive

unreliable

awkward reloading

bad stocks

shit triggers

etc, etc, etc

>>32111825
The UK uses one of the world's worst bullpups that they wasted millions fixing to barely be functional. China tried a bullpup and while they haven't admitted that it's shit, it's generally known to be a disappointment and it's not seeing wide deployment.
>>
>>32112970
>more memes and fuddlore
Glad to see /k/ still knows its shit.
>>
>>32112924
Any time you have something in contact with the barrel it changes drastically how the barrel resonates when firing. You can tune the design to where the effects downrange aren't apparent, but they are still there. Most companies make no effort to do this tuning and simply accept that it opens up the groups, because the alternative (putting a free-floated barrel on a bullpup) isn't easy. The J67 gets away with it because it is blowback.

Gas piston and DI systems aren't capable of true free-floating because the of the gas port and moving parts which contact the barrel. For a slow rate of fire when the barrel is relatively cool you won't notice much, but when the barrel heats up and begins to become more elastic, the unwanted harmonic effects are exacerbated. Making sure the handguard keeps off the barrel sure helps though.
>>
>>32112286
>If you are shooting from barriers/cover it is nice to have the option to shoot both left and right handed without getting hit in the face with brass on one side.

Plenty of bullpups allow for this.
>>
>>32111455

Expert shitposting OP, but why not

>Inb4 difficult to reload

I'm not hunting terrorists, m8, I'm shooting for my amusement at the range. Having a rifle that's distinctly uncomfortable to shoot prone is a turn-off as it should be.

>inb4 expensive

I already have a 5.56 rifle. Why do I need to go out and find one that barely meets the same performance as an AR, for a bigger price and more drawbacks?

As a left-eye dominant, I can't pick up a Tavor or AUG out of the box without brass ending up in my nose. I don't have that problem with any other standard layout rifle. As someone tall and lanky, I can't shoot an FS2000 or an RFB without my face being uncomfortably close to a lot of moving parts on the rifle. I don't have this problem with any weapon that has an actual stock. Finally, I'm a poorfag, and I can't really fix all the issues I'd have to with a bullpup with my budget. I don't have this problem with any other standard layout rifle. In every way I can think of in my life, a standard layout rifle is leagues ahead of bullpup memery

Now fuck off.
>>
File: 1411597352296.jpg (84KB, 1072x821px) Image search: [Google]
1411597352296.jpg
84KB, 1072x821px
>>32111455
muzzle close to face (only important for silenced)
breach even closer (important in case of catastrophic failure) leading to it being heavier because of shielding for just that case
harder to clear malfunctions in current models
poor ergonomics if prone
ambi ejection at the cost of possible technical issues
rocking mags are a nightmare
shit triggers out of the box
shorter sight radius by default for irons
makes all the poorfags jelly and the others are constantly gonna try and justify to you their tavor purchase

Most arent inherent to the concept of bullpubs but the bullpubs produced so overall a superior design that is just waiting for a good designer or the existing designers to get their act together and produce overpriced shit.
>>
>>32113135
wait no the silencer part is also a point for the breach not the muzzle
>>
>>32111724
>>32111730
Sorry, lads, im hella stupid. I meant while going prone because you dont have the option for a bipod lol
>>
>>32111455
How has no ine mentioned the P90? I even forgot. Easily one of my favorite bulpups.
>>
File: 1480099252824-1529241289.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1480099252824-1529241289.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32111785
>says the loteral autist non gunz still living in his mums basement.
Post your gats, son. Or git.
>>
>>32112412
I wouldn't quite call it Vaporware since it actually made it to production and can still be found more often than not.
>>
>>32113308
>Bersa
>>
>>32111914
How is the RDB, I'm either going to buy a an AR 10 kit to build, or an RDB. can't afford both unfortunately
>>
>>32111455
>Are there any legitimate reason why they are NOT superior to standard rifles in everyway
they aren't conventional. all the complaints about ergos and difficulty loading etc would evaporate with experience.

bitching about hot brass/being unable to instantly tacticool your rifle to either side is stupid considering the RDB exists.

the only legit reason is that they are terrible to clear compared to standard rifles.
>>
>>32111499
Why? They both have inline bores
>>
>>32111455
They look like shit and they're not good for degenerate lefties like me.
>>
>>32113350
go for the RDB, that's an easy one.
if you want precision in .30cal, go for a nice bolt action like the RPR. SAPRs are too much of a compromise, would rather own a real NATO blasta that's fun to use (FAL).
>>
>>32113333
Don't respond to them. If everyone stopped responding to them, they'd either fuck off or go back to their circlejerks such as /arg/.
>>
>>32112970
I've used an SA80 before, it worked fine, they worked for most people. Admittedly it jams more than any weapon made for use in combat should, it isn't as bad as people say it is.

Also are they Chinese replacing theirs, or sticking with the shit they got?
>>
>>32111479
French military also uses bullpups -- FAMAS -- but I just read how they're getting replaced with rifles having conventional non-bullpup cofiguration -- HK416F.
>>
The trigger is going to be far away from the action in a bullpup rifle requiring a rod to connect the trigger. So the trigger will always be shit unless you uses some kind of electrical trigger mechanism.
>>
>>32111455

Shitty triggers
More complex than traditional rifles because trigger linkage
Can't reload while prone without shifting your body to the side
Can't shoot left handed
Terrible sight radius
>>
>>32112899
How do you like the M10? I was kind of salty tto find out they stopped doing their WASR conversions a few years ago. I really liked their GBFS combo they used.
>>
>>32111470
>>32111477

well im not one of these bullpup fanboys, but to be honest, The FAMAS can change the side it ejects cases
>>
>>32111968
Cancer
>>
>>32111480
>Youre not going to get as acurrate shots when lying down because of the lesser barrel in front of you

Are you retarded? "lesser barrel", lol. Bullpups have more barrel.
>>
File: 20160930_183940.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_183940.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32113883
It's a beautiful rifle. Mine is the latest revision with the updated handguard and magpul furniture among other things.

There's just so much to say about it. Entire thing is black nitrided, so no possibility of corrosion. Trigger is amazing. Balances well. Very ergonomic and comfortable to hold in any position. The machining looks great. Definitely worth the $1200 they're asking.

At this time I have a little over 300rds on it. No signs of failure whatsoever. Next thing I want to do is get a solid magnified optic and try to squeeze out the best groups I can.
>>
>>32111455

As a concept they have advantages that I'm sure have been beaten not dissimilar to how a dead horse might be. However in application, alot have issues that other anons have mentioned. I wouldn't count price as an issue, no shit an AR is going to beat out a niche gun like tavors and such on price, muh economy of scale and such. I'd consider them to be more lefty-friendly than most guns, as most are fairly easy to switch ejection ports. Reloads come down to training, when you've spent your entire shooting life reloading a mag in the middle of your gun, no shit a bullpup is going to feel weird. Ergonomics I can't really speak to, as I haven't owned every bullpup in existence.

>t. bullpup defense squad
>>
>>32113921
Ejection should support firing from either shoulder without modification.

If you modify your rifle to eject from one side, it cannot be used from the other. This is not acceptable for a modern military or any situation where one might be expected to transition shoulders or pick up a fellow soldier's rifle.
>>
difficult to reload is actually a kind of big deal, expense isn't if you're talking about which is superior

they have shitty ergos, awful triggers, are annoying to reload, look like garbage (usually), not much aftermarket (doesn't speak much about the actual guns, but a lot of people care about this), shooting prone doesn't really work the same, and it seems like every bullpupfag in this thread is a noguns that thinks more barrel = significantly more accuracy (real life isn't fallout 4)
>>
>>32111493
>crap trigger
Why don't people just put the sear up next to the trigger? Have the extension bar be part of the hammer, or trip another sear?
>>
File: 1472740135299.jpg (154KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
1472740135299.jpg
154KB, 615x410px
HEARD YOU FAGGOTS WERE TALKING SHIT LIKE I WOULDN'T FIND OUT

THE MOTHER FUCKING AUG IS A FUCKING WAR FIGHTERS GUN. IT WILL GO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. IT'S ONE OF THE BEST PISTON GUNS EVER MADE, ITS RELIABILITY, ON STANDARD GAS OR ADVERSE, IS IMPECABLE. MUD TEST THIS DICK, BITCH. IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING LMG, IT'S GOT BEEF. ALL YOU NIGGER BITCHING ABOUT ERGOS NEED TO NUT UP, I'LL RELOAD PRONE ALL DAMN DAY, WORK THAT LOGICALLY POSITIONED BOLT RELEASE LIKE A FUCKING CHAMPION. YOU FAGGOTS HAVEN'T EVEN HELD ONE, LET ALONE SHOT ONE, OTHERWISE YOU'D KNOW YOU'RE 200% WRONG. AUG STRONG. BULLPUPS STRONG.
>>
>>32111455
Only thing that a bullpup does better than a normal rifle is that you can have a longer barrel in a shorter package.
>>
>>32113260
>no bipod
What is the FAMAS and WA2000

Additionally, if a military wants a Bipod for their bullpups, they'll find someone to make them. I've seen fuckin bipods on submachine guns before.
>>
>>32114084
And have all the weight centered over the grip, or behind the grip if you're a stupid tavor.
>>
>>32111914
>almost as nice as my SSA-E
oh look he's lying
>>
>>32114107
Have you felt one?
>>
>>32113476
>circlejerks such as /arg/.
poorfag spotted
>>
File: cute.gif (722KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
722KB, 500x281px
>>32114083
Does it come in 7.62 x 51?
>>
>>32114113
I don't need too. You can't even begin to compare the triggers when the difference is 1 pound
>>
>>32114126
Only traps and traplovers like battle rifles.
>>
>>32114132
Then your input means nothing
>>
File: 1399031343383.jpg (71KB, 708x999px) Image search: [Google]
1399031343383.jpg
71KB, 708x999px
>>32114141
Well I'm not a trap and I'm a loli lover, also I like battle rifles.
>>
A better question is for what purpose does a bullpup serve better than a standard rifle that costs less?
>>
>>32114156
Your shit opinion means nothing. You don't know what a good trigger is. kys
>>
>>32114158
Then you fit into the subset well enough. 7.62, at this point in time, belongs in marksmans weapons, which the AUG is not.
>>
>>32114169
Something to brag about at the range unless someone has a more expensive rifle.
>>
>>32114182
What is the point of getting a AUG if its just in 5.56 when there are plenty of good 5.56 weapons?
>>
>>32111455
Triggers usually suck on them
Ergonomics usually suck as well
>>
>>32111470
Lefties should be gassed.
>>
>>32114195
Because no other 5.56 has the set of features the AUG has.
>>
>>32114206
"features" top kek

kys dumbfuck
>>
File: Desert-Tech-MDR-FDE-Rifle.jpg (144KB, 1200x698px) Image search: [Google]
Desert-Tech-MDR-FDE-Rifle.jpg
144KB, 1200x698px
Best bullpup rifle coming through, move aside plebs.
>>
>>32114212
Make an argument any time
>>
>>32114219
kys
>>
File: 1441078899330.jpg (257KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441078899330.jpg
257KB, 1152x720px
>>32114206
Which features?
>>32114212
Rude
>>
>>32114214
>best
>vaporware rifle

and people still fall for it.
>>
>>32111493
>>Crappier triggers due to the extended trigger bars.

DSR-1 and WA-2000 and both bullpup precision rifles with very good triggers. Unfortunately they both cost as much as a car.

Most off the shelf semi-auto bullpups still have their milspec trigger. An old M16 and even a modern M4 have shit 8lb triggers as well. Older M16s had over 10lb trigger and were no better or worse than their european bullpup counterparts. The military don't need or want crisp light triggers on select fire weapons.

Featherweight crisp triggers for the AR-15 are driven by the civilian market and are relatively new (as is the AR-15 flat top). The last 20 years has seen massive improvements to the old AR platform and the same is slowly happening for the bullpups.

The tavor in particular is getting trigger kits and more aftermarket ergonomic upgrades than most other bullpups.
>>
File: IMG_8533.png (427KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8533.png
427KB, 399x614px
>>32114219
>>
>>32114226
Adjustable short stroke gas piston
Non reciprocating left side charging handle
Tooless barrel swap
Motherfucking bullpup layout
39 year proven track record
Stupid simple field strip, basically a take down rifle
Last round bolt hold open, and left side bolt release, especially relevant when comparing it to the Tavor and FS2000, which has a bizarre bolt release location, and no LRBHO, respectively.
>>
File: Beautiful gun - AUG n glock.jpg (476KB, 1873x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful gun - AUG n glock.jpg
476KB, 1873x1113px
>>32111469
>non ambi
You forgot the best bullpup
>>
File: 1476240587708.jpg (2MB, 1920x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1476240587708.jpg
2MB, 1920x1277px
>>32114320
>posting my gat
I'm honored
>>
The only good reason to use a bullpub in combat is clearing a close quarter building. But on the field I'll stick with an m4.
>>
>>32114343
I've gotta say, you do have one of the nicest guns I've seen on /k/.
What scope is that? Where'd you get it?
>>
Bullpups don't have enough FREEDOM for my tastes.
>>
>>32114083
AUG is the best. Like the Tavor with none of the kikery
>>
File: bath tub loli.png (843KB, 1182x716px) Image search: [Google]
bath tub loli.png
843KB, 1182x716px
>>32114288
That's pretty cool desu, would get one if it came in 7.62 x 51.
>>
>>32114373

>Steyr
>kikeless

HA.
>>
>>32114358
Thanks anon, I appreciate it. The scope isn't actually that nice, relatively speaking. It's a vortex viper PST 1-4. It does pretty well but I'll probably upgrade to a 1-6 or 1-8 before too long.
>>
>>32114358

Not him, but isn't that just a viper PST 1-4?

I use a PST on my AR-15 and they are great for a low cost and reliable piece of glass.
>>
>>32114384
Less kike than the Tavor m8
>>32114383
I'd buy one if they made it.
>>
>>32114397

You have no idea how much Steyr actually tries to kill its own aftermarket in order to get people to buy official accessories that nobody asked for.
>>
Kektek's RDB is the only appealing bullpup, but it is kektek so I'm skeptical.
>>
File: 146870943242.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
146870943242.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
So its a thread where little to nobody has any actual experience with the subject at hand and spews second or 10th hand information as usual?

The triggers are fine, no different from an M4 you are just retarded and have no experience with either

The ergos are the same as a fucking SBR or better because the weight is in the back. Its a literal fucking meme.

They cost the same as an AR shut the fuck up.

Rails for days fix any optics or something issue

Faceplosions don't actually happen

Reloading is fucking easy just practice with it like you do anything else.

You can shoot from prone, only a fucking retard thinks you cant.

YOU CAN RELOAD FROM PRONE TOO only a retard thinks you cant

Once again, all these people talking shit about it have no experience with it. I had no experience with mine it was a safe queen and I shat all over the bullpup platform. Once I took it out and started using it I realized I prefer it over standard weapons.
>>
>>32114442
I know what you mean actually, there's so much potential in the platform that they just don't seem to care about.
>>
File: barrel length comparison.jpg (1MB, 2400x1349px) Image search: [Google]
barrel length comparison.jpg
1MB, 2400x1349px
Old pic (the shotgun has sights now).

The type 97 is a crude little rifle but it has some very loyal aftermarket followers who are making new uppers and lowers, and new trigger groups for it.

The ergonomics on them new out of the box are pretty lacking. After Canada made an aftermarket flat top they started selling pre-installed flat tops versions.
>>
>>32114504
Fuck you canada.
>>
File: Saved_41a9d7_1649316.jpg (5KB, 192x180px) Image search: [Google]
Saved_41a9d7_1649316.jpg
5KB, 192x180px
>>32114083

Ooh, A copypasta I haven't collected yet
>>
File: 1441678812122.jpg (226KB, 1050x697px) Image search: [Google]
1441678812122.jpg
226KB, 1050x697px
>>32114504
How reliable are those shotguns?
>>
>>32114158
>loli lover

Die
>>
File: 2016-10-25 21.54.26.jpg (1MB, 753x1347px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-25 21.54.26.jpg
1MB, 753x1347px
>>32114515
Wrote that special just for you. Use it well.
>>
File: 1446890182350.jpg (33KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1446890182350.jpg
33KB, 600x564px
>>32114533
No
>>
>tfw Boberg/Bond Arms bullpup pistol XR9 will never be sub $1k
>tfw you will never have a longslide bullpup XR9
>tfw the XR9-L isn't as long as you'd like it to be
>>
>>32114530

Mine is a gen 3, which is apparently the first actually reliable version of them. The gen 4 are out now and refined them a bit more, but mine works fine as long as you are not lazy and short stroke your shotguns. The UTAS likes the action slammed decisively.

Gen 1 were dreadful from what I hear. That is the one sen in most of the youtube videos.
>>
>>32114024
So many military units and police departments are training behind adaptive cover which force their personnel to shoulder their rifles on their weak shoulders and get into awkward positions. It is for that very reason that bullpups are bullshit.
>>
File: 1396892627813.gif (1002KB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
1396892627813.gif
1002KB, 500x231px
>>32114288
Learned me some new things today anon. Good post.
>>
>>32114199
Typical rightie.
>>
>>32111455
As much as people hate to say it, not having one that's $1000> is a big problem, and frankly I'd even be willing to say it's the entire reason they haven't really gone mainstream.

The only exception being that Tanfoglio .22 thingy and that's because of the fucking 10/22 market.
>>
>>32114383
I want one of those bath tub lolis. Where could I get one?
>>
>>32114743
Brass in the face isn't going to kill you.
In a combat situation it's ignorable. Additionally, you can position your support hand as a deflector if necessary. It's a non-issue.
>>
>>32114749
If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
>>
>>32114785
When will we get more high cap top loading mags a la P90 on other bullpups?
>>
>>32114266
>WA-2000
> As much as a car
Cheapest I have seen is 75k, and I was told that was a deal
>>
>>32114822
Probably never, the P90 system is heavily dependent upon the straight walled 5.7mm cartridge. 5.56, while close to straight walled, would not work in such a setup.
>>
>>32114579
Shopped, right? But it looks good.

I suddenly want to have a carbine length barrel hidden in a full size pistol frame.
>>
>>32114839
>Cheapest I have seen is 75k, and I was told that was a deal

That is collectors market price. They were only $12,500 when they were new.
>>
>>32114169
it forces troops to shoot their rifle from the shoulder resulting in more accuracy and controlled fire
>>
>>32112241
Oy m8 I've used the forward assist on M16s to clear malfunctions, a definite positive IMO.
>>
File: wm_2710473.jpg (506KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wm_2710473.jpg
506KB, 2560x1920px
how does /k/ feel about the FS-2000?
>>
>>32114743
You may have misunderstood my post.

Bullpups need not eject from the left or right. See forward ejecting designs such as the F2000 and RFB or downward ejecting designs such as the P90 and RDB.

Bullpups can be fully ambidextrous.

>>32114772
brass ejecting into your face isn't going to kill you, but it is indeed an issue. You not only get brass, but gas and particulate. This does not allow for effective use of the weapon.
>>
>>32115154
It's badass and rare but still inferior to the AUG
>>
>>32115158
Have you experienced this first hand? What particulate is being ejected? The majority of the over pressure is vented out the front of the regulator.
>>
>>32114288
>Stupid simple field strip, basically a take down rifle
there is no way the AUG is going to have any kind of accuracy with the loose fitting of the receiver to the stock which negates all the reasons for having a bullpup which is longer barrel and shoulder held position for accuracy. Its a shit field rifle, and using a bullpup close in is stupid as you have to use a shoulder strap to fire from the waist.
>>
>>32115227
have you shot them both extensively (over 3000 rounds each in various conditions over 2/3 years)?
>>
>>32111455
>Things that actually matter to legitimate militaries don't count
Get the fuck out of here, that's some leftist shit
>>
It sucks if you are a tall person or have long arms because you have to scrunch up more than compared to a normal rifle

Also not ambidextrous/left handed
>>
>>32115278
Same as >>32115227
Did you shoot it extensively?
>>
>>32111455
> Can we talk about bullpups
We do all the time, for a long time now. Catch faggot.
> reason why they are NOT superior to standard rifles in everyway?
A more complex mechanism- with all the pros and cons that it brings.
Now git out.
>>
>>32115305
why? is this thread only for people who own bullpups to jack off about them? because if it is then youre in the wrong thread, you should start your own 'bullpups and why we love them thread'
>>
>>32115037
>malfunctions
Which malfunctions?
>>
>>32111479
>muh aftermarket support
Do you have to tapcofuck everything, bubba?
>>
>>32114512
>Canada
>AR
Choose one
>>
>>32115154
Can't they only use USGI mags?
>>
File: ISmd7.jpg (94KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
ISmd7.jpg
94KB, 798x600px
>>32111470
> Awkward to reload
I'm no doctor, but it sounds like you're either handicapped or mentally challenged. Reloading a bullpup is no harder in traditional rifles for anyone whose gross and fine motor skills had developed properly at kindergarten age.

>>32111473
> They are more difficult to reload.
Same as above.
They are expensive.
OP said "inb4 expensive". Your argument cancels out.
> No adjustable stocks.
Cause there's no need to. If simply greater customization is what you wish for, than this will come as this market grows further.
> Less space for your tacticool mall ninja attachments (or important things like grenade lawnchairs).
Jewgun95 in pic related would like to disagree with you.
>>32111480
> Or any bullpup, really
I did. Reload is good, rifle is fine, you is colossal fuckup.
> not to mention that most look stupid as shit.
No you.
> How ever
Inglish mather fucker, do you speak it?
> hard to place shots prone
"A bad workman blames his tools"
>>32111489
But Anon-san, that's not how it works at all.
>>
>>32113964
he means sight radius and if you have a bipod the more forward it is the easier it is to make accurate adjustments.
>>
>>32112241
Better to have it when you don't need it than not have it when you need it
>>
>>32115358
FTF and failure to go completely into battery.
>>
>>32115278
2-3 MOA.
>>
>>32115494
>2-3 MOA.
thats about what I thought

a scope-only rifle with 2-3 MOA, what a great idea
>>
>>32115278
The receiver locks into the receiver perfectly tight. There is no play. Given the optics, barrel, and chamber are all part of the receiver, it's joining with the stock is a non issue anyway. You should be using a sling anyway if you are firing a rifle, it's no more difficult to fire from the hip than any other rifle.
>>
>>32115511
You're an idiot. A scope on an M1A makes sense though? An FAL? The FAL is even less accurate, and people don't give a shit, not to mention the popularity of AKs.
>>
>>32115248
Yes, this is a phenomenon easily observed and most any left-handed AR owner or suppressor owner would know firsthand. It's also quite apparent if you see videos such as MAC's shown above in that famous gif.

Carbon particulate and unburned powder. This is combustion we're talking about.

It only works that way under ideal conditions, and it can only be accounted for on rifles with sufficiently adjustable gas systems. The particulate coming out of the rifle can blind you, I wouldn't take any chances. The brass can also burn you. I've gotten second degree burns from brass. As you said before, it's something which wouldn't kill you, but it's far from acceptable.

If you want to see this quite clearly, note the blowback from the action of a suppressed rifle. ARs have it rather bad. If you shoot an AR suppressed (not even necessarily on your left shoulder), it will blow particulate and hot gases up your nose and into your face. It's disorienting to say the least.

If you have forward or downward ejecting actions this is not a problem because the chamber is not exposed in proximity to the shooter's face. Conventional side-ejecting piston designs still have blowback when suppressed because of increased dwell time which causes the action to open before pressure in the barrel reaches intended levels. On AK rifles this can't be resolved without the installation of an adjustable gas block (generally uncommon, expensive, and difficult to install). On other rifles such as the AUG series there are generally only two settings, normal and adverse. There is no means of resolving this without a custom gas plug and/or more settings on the gas system.
>>
>>32115550
>A scope on an M1A makes sense though?
on a match grade M1A, hell yeah

>An FAL?
you rarely see scopes on FALs, and scope-only is stupid on a field rifle
>>
>>32115278
AUGs are known for their accuracy faggot.
>>
>>32115610
The Irish still use them as DMRs, and FALS are known to be >3 MOA rifles. What country are you from?
>>
>>32115341
They are no more complex than a comparable piston rifle.
>>
File: 1479702363291.jpg (315KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1479702363291.jpg
315KB, 2048x1365px
>>32115278
>and using a bullpup close in is stupid as you have to use a shoulder strap to fire from the waist.
This just hurt my brain. Does it have 30 rounds automatic in the magazine clip at 300 shots a minute 30 rounds a second ghost gun too?
>>
>>32111455
triggers are shit
>>
>>32111455
>difficult to reload

Is this a fucking meme? I've never had any trouble what-so-ever reloading a bullpup.
>>
>>32115642
This.
>there are faggots on my board that don't own World of Guns on steam, and don't use it to learn about weapons that may not have experience with

>>32115652
Triggers are completely usable. If you need a geissele to shoot well you need to practice more.
>>
>>32115511
>a scope-only rifle
But its not. The A1 has irons on top of the swarovski, the A2 has integral BUIS and the A3 can have whatever sights you want.
>>
>>32115635
>What country are you from?
USA
>>
>>32114483
ya, testing that 'can't reload from the prone' on my tavor gave me quite a laugh.

As far as it's trigger, I still have the stock triggerpack on mine and once I trained myself for the breakpoint, it's not been a problem at all.
>>
>>32115662
It is literally a meme by this point.
>>32115682
This, put a variable magnification masterrace on that shit, hell put an acog on there
>>
>>32115684
You sound like a noguns European
>>
>>32115154
would have liked it much more had i known the front grip can be detached, otherwise it looks pigfat.
>>
>>32115662
excuse me? just because you have basic human dexterity and non-retard tier learning capacity doesn't mean you can talk down to us, shitlord

once I've mastered reloading an AR with my ape hands, I DO NOT want to be forced to learn a WHOLE NEW way of doing it on some meme gun
>>
File: marines_cannot_into_bullpup.jpg (2MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
marines_cannot_into_bullpup.jpg
2MB, 5760x3840px
>>32115278
>loose fitting of the receiver to the stock

Even if it was loose, do you even know how firearms work? The optic or sights attach to the receiver.

>you have to use a shoulder strap to fire from the waist

Oops, you're retarded, why am I even replying?

>>32111455
>Are there any legitimate reason why they are NOT superior to standard rifles in everyway?

People don't like things that are different. People don't like change. I think this goes double for North Americans so these threads are always hostile as fuck.

My only issue with bullpups, and I used one as a service rifle for a long time, is that it takes experience to reload without taking your eye off the target. This isn't a real issue because if you are reloading in combat you shouldn't be looking at a target, you should be in cover. But it is an issue at the range when you are shooting for points.

I like the trigger weight on the AUG, it is spongy and resets nice, I don't like the 2-stage to full-auto, it makes you snatch the trigger and your burst innaccurate, whoever thought of it is an idiot.

Lying down with a Steyr you can rest the magazine on the ground and the monopod on your leading hand, rock solid base. 600m accuracy all day.
>>
File: 6774836632906432.jpg (134KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
6774836632906432.jpg
134KB, 1024x764px
>>32114320
>>32114343
AUG masterace
>>
>>32114121
You can't seriously imply the tripfag cesspool of /arg/ produces any worthwhile opinions other than who's AR is the most gucci
>>
>>32116625
this.
>>
>>32114904
Yep it's shopped. Did it myself to make myself think what I could do if I had my own gun manufacturing tools.
>>
File: shutitdown.jpg (32KB, 408x632px) Image search: [Google]
shutitdown.jpg
32KB, 408x632px
>>32115911
Americans in a bullpup thread are like Americans in a circumcision thread.
>>
>>32116285
Ive seen people ruin guns with shitty paintjobs before but holy fuck just kill yourself now you fucking faggot.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.