[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is the future of handgun bullets? It doesn't look very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: speerg29mm2.jpg (162KB, 692x461px) Image search: [Google]
speerg29mm2.jpg
162KB, 692x461px
So is the future of handgun bullets? It doesn't look very impressive. I don't think the FBI will have good results using this, and once again caliber will get blamed instead of bullet design.
>>
>>32109526
>So is the future of handgun bullets?
What makes you say that?
>>
>>32109526
>It doesn't look very impressive.
It's not about what you look like, it's about what you can do.
>>
>>32109526
The R&D for guns and ammo and the risk of market failure is why we are still using 100+ year old designs.
Yes they make holes in people but we can make the holes better!
We need more G7 profile boat tail pistol rounds!
>>
>>32109526
I dunno. I don't think I'd enjoy getting shot with one of those.
>>
>>32109555
>We need more G7 profile boat tail pistol rounds!
No, we don't.
>>
File: speerg29mm.jpg (84KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
speerg29mm.jpg
84KB, 640x300px
They just don't look like they expand as reliable as the older Gold Dots, and they aren't near as big as HST rounds when they expand.
>>
>>32109583
Well, it's Speer. So it sucks.
>>
File: Dildo-Gun-Featured.jpg (63KB, 760x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dildo-Gun-Featured.jpg
63KB, 760x400px
>>32109565
what would you enjoy getting shot with?
>>
File: speerg245acp.jpg (37KB, 448x528px) Image search: [Google]
speerg245acp.jpg
37KB, 448x528px
>>32109591
I used to have a pretty high opinion of Speer, but honestly, I'm not as impressed with it as the internet made them out to be.
>>
>>32109555
>The R&D for guns and ammo and the risk of market failure is why we are still using 100+ year old designs.

Age is irrelevant since the bullets we currently use are still comparatively new considering how long the musket ball stuck around. Aside from using different metals and alloys, what else is there to even improve on the humble projectile?
>>
>>32109526
Were these fired out of a full-sized handgun that they were designed for?
>>
>>32109627
Glock 17. From what I've seen, it does worse out of a G19.
>>
>>32109654
That's pretty damning then. I've heard reports of it being less effective than previous gen gold dots from compacts/subcompacts. It's supposed to be about equal from full-size.

GUESS NOT
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.