[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the M929 revolver? 9mm, 8 shots, seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (333KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
333KB, 3000x1687px
What do you guys think of the M929 revolver? 9mm, 8 shots, seems decent, just expensive.
>>
>>32107389
9mm revolver is like a chick with a dick, it just isn't right. To each their own tho
>>
It's a gamer gun, specifically appeals to shooting sports. Not really meant for carry or anything.

It competes with and beats the price of a 627 that you would want to rework to 38 super and lets you get the same results as using 38 short colt in one. It also has a titanium cylinder, which is pretty desirable.

That said, many people over on Benos are complaining about lots of small issues. Excessive cylinder gap, poor fitment, lower quality than expected.

For casual use a 986 is probably a better choice in 9mm revolvers.
>>
Like, the one really good niche for revolvers is the ability to carry larger rounds than an autoloader of the same size.

9mm revolvers defeat that purpose.
>>
>>32107417
Sadly I can't get that because that gun is not approve in California.
>>
>>32107430

Sorry to hear that.

If you are interested in a more practical moonclipped 9mm, you can contact TK Customs who will cut your existing 357 S&W cylinder to use moon clips and chamber 9mm.

Alternatively you can just use 38 Short colt.

The upshot of either of these is super fast reloads with short brass coming out of the cylinder quickly and it being very fast to drop in a new moonclip.

I really like my moon clipped revolvers but I normally just use 357 in them.
>>
>>32107428

These are not made for carry; they are either range guns or competition (the 986 is hard to justify as anything other than a range gun).
>>
>>32107412
>Not liking dickgirls

But a 9mm revolver is stupid though.
>>
>>32107430
there are 627's and the 986 on the roster.
>>
>>32107484
Good idea, I totally went over that.

The 627 is on there, but it's only .357.
>>
>>32107389
I've always despised those large gaps in front of the cylinder.
>>
>>32107417
1. It was blessed by Jerry Miculek himself.
2. It says performance center on the barrel.

Your argument is invalid.
>>
File: Asianhk.jpg (59KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
Asianhk.jpg
59KB, 490x700px
>>32107389
It is a cheap target gun. The price of factory .38 special has gotten really expensive lately. The gives you the chance to shoot a similar sized round for cheaper.
It also fills the niche for someone who wants a 9mm but has trouble working a slide on an auto, like someone who has arthritis, is very petite, etc... They can have a 9mm revolver, load it with a good hollow point, and have a very effective light recoil home defense weapon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.