[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Mini 14 exist? There's literally no reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1420812557005.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1420812557005.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
Why does the Mini 14 exist? There's literally no reason for anyone to buy it or for Ruger to keep making it, especially when Ruger is selling their own AR builds.
>>
It's because of all the "herp derp I'm a special snowflake and I don't like ARs" faggots.
>>
It'd be a neato rifle for $500.
>>
>>32106918
Some people like how it looks like a M14/Garand.
>>
Why do we have any variety in anything?
>>
File: 1474584660519.gif (342KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
1474584660519.gif
342KB, 666x386px
It would be so much cooler if it took ar mags
>>
>why are bows and muzzleloaders still manufactured
>>
>>32106929
Why do we accomodate these people? The Mini should be prohibited from sale and those people investigated

>>32106939
You can get a quality AR build for 500.

>>32106982
Variety is meaningless if the weapon is strictly worse in every way
>>
>>32106918
>literally no reason
1. California
2. New York
3. Maryland

Especially with the Ares SCR out of production it's good to have a rifle that fires 5.56/.223, .300AAC, and 7.62x39 (Mini Thirty) that people in cuckstates can buy.
>>
>>32107062
People in those states deserve the laws that they voted for

I have no sympathy for anyone who still lives in those horrifying shitholes
>>
>>32106941
^ This
Some people just like a classic rifle stock and configuration.
>>
>>32106918

Gommie states
>>
>>32107090
>the laws that they voted for
>the laws that the big cities that dominate their states voted for
FTFY
>>
I think it's way more aesthetically pleasing that most ARs.
>>
>>32107062
SCR's are only on hold. i doubt the production will be permanently halted, especially considering the rise in interest in them.

Also, why aren't there Mini 14's that take AR mags and can shoot 5.56? .223 barrels are useless in this day and age and there is some truth to the statement of people liking a classic stock and configuration. Making one that took AR mags and a 5.56 barrel would at least make a little more sense as long as it wasn't insanely priced.
>>
>>32107291
This is something people don't understand about California. It's almost entirely Republican except for a handful of large cities.
>>
>>32107047
>>32107090

Nice edges bro. People like it and buy it, so they keep selling it. Supply and demand bruh

But yeah, cheap ARs do the same thing better. Id never get a mini 14, but I do want a garand and m1 carbine
>>
>>32106918
Because just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one can.
>>
>>32106918
Back in the day it was a cheapo semi-auto 223 now they're more expensive than your basic bitch AR'a. I think the only reason they exist is because of funds who still believe the jammomatic meme.
>>
>>32107326
NY is much the same. Trying to explain to people that I grew up on a farm surrounded by forests more than six hours by car from NYC leaves minds completely blown.
>>
>>32107564
and if it was banned from sale nobody would buy it
>>
>>32107842
>tfw I know that feel
I love New York but I dunno how much longer I feel like sticking around between the shitty laws and corruption
>>
File: IMG_6944.jpg (58KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6944.jpg
58KB, 640x272px
>>32107320
They've always been able to shoot 5.56, I think marking it .223 is less threatening. Pic related. With all the wood, they look less threatening, which is how they've avoided bans.

I know, I know
>bill ruger said blah blah blah

But he's dead. And:
> L. James Sullivan

I'm with you on stanags though. Due to rock n lock, perhaps an insert could work.
>>
>>32106918

The french anti-riot police units (CRS) have thoses because they appear less threatening to civilians, will still having strong operational capability.

Considering the retarded assault weapons bans you guys fear every time, I guess that aspect of the rifle shouldn't be underestimated.
>>
>>32108932
that wood is what cripples the rifle and makes it tactically inferior

wood is one of the worst materials ever used in weapons construction and weapons incorporating wood are design failures
>>
>>32109073
Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>32106918
I do not own one, never shot one.

That said, I would think it exists, and continues to because it works..
>>
>>32106918
Why does it still exist? People keep buying it. Next question.
>>
>>32107133
I like it as a varmint rifle because I don't look like I'm trying to be a gear queer faggot shooting coyotes.
>>
>>32109180
I don't think a guy out hunting varmints with an AR is a gear queer.

now, if he's totally tacticoolly suited up with vest and kneepads and gloves and all that other shit out hunting varmits with AR then yes not only is he a gear queer but a regular queer too
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.