[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to buy a patrol rifle. Brand needs to be approved by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
I need to buy a patrol rifle. Brand needs to be approved by the department.

Give me the break down on these companies and what models I should look at
>colt
>bushmaster
>armalite
>rock river arms
>smith and wesson
>>
>>32106079
>Bushmaster

Not only no, but fuck no.

Get a colt, or rock river.
>>
Presumably a Colt LE6920 or a S&W M&P 15.

The real fun isn't the base gun, it's when you Gucci that shit senseless.
>>
>>32106079
running rock river lower with spikes upper, great weapon imo.
Armalite is overrated imo, wouldn't go bush and fuck alum barrels.
>>
>>32106079

Wait for Colt to come out with their mid length carbine.
>>
>>32106079

>Colt
Your go-to should be the LE6920. If you want to go ham, get an OEM1/OEM2 and customize it as you see fit. Colts are pretty good, easily the best choice on that list. A mixture of very good quality with an excellent price point (best AR you'll get for $1000 bucks). Only negative is no option for Mid-Length, which is (SLIGHTLY) softer shooting. PS: Don't buy the Colt Expanse. It's the dumbed down budget model.

>Bushmaster
No. Don't do it. Easily some of the worst quality control on the market.

>Armalite
Don't know tons about them but unlike Bushmaster, they don't have a reputation for awfulness. Caveat emptor I suppose.

>RRA
They've got a reputation for being alright. You wouldn't go wrong getting one.

>S&W
M&P15s are decent. M&P15X will give you everything you need in an M4gery-style rifle for patrol. They also have a mid-length offering if you're really unusually partial for that. Don't get the Sport/Sport II. Like the Colt Expanse, dumbed down budget model.
>>
>>32106163
>mid length carbine.
That seems like a contradiction
>>
>>32106218

A carbine is a shortened rifle. When referring to AR-15s, usually refers to anything with a 16-inch barrel or shorter. Mid-length refers to a gas system length, not the length of the barrel itself. If you're referring to the gas system, "carbine-length" or "carbine gas system" can specify.
>>
>>32106250

+1
>>
>>32106079
>patrol rifle

Go for Colt LE6920.

But beware of those bitter fudds who bought their rifles when prices were ridiculously high.
>b-but that's what I paid for it, uuu...
>>
Does the barrel length matter?
>>
>>32106906
I hear colt at is just fanboy/brand love

But is the quality still there or nah
>>
>>32108107
Yes, colt is good to go. They have fanboys just like BCM.
>>
>>32106079
Bushmaster got bought out and moved to NY by Freedom Group, so it's now the Remington of AR's. The old crew started Windham, check them out.

Rock river is also a good choice. I'd take a Ruger over a S&W sport if that's on the list.
>>
>>armalite
I have an optics ready eagle arms. Threw a $60 truglo red dot on it. Been reliable. Eats tulammo no problem.
>>
>>32108107
Yes, the Mil/LEO stuff is very high quality. LE6920s (LEO, semi-auto) and R0977s (Mil, Select-fire) are excellent.
>>
why would i go with a le6920 and not a le6940
>>
Try to find a Hesse or Vulcan if you can. You won't regret it.
>>
>>32106079
Colt 6920 (OEM model if you don't like any of the factory furniture), or wait for the Combat Unit rifle.

everything else is commercial grade
>>
>>32106079
OP, do consider a 6720 if you buy plan on buying a factory Colt.

The lightweight barrel really does make a difference if you have to carry it.
>>
>>32106079
Acuire FN ar15
>>
>>32109036

6940 owner here

Do you like proprietary barrels?
Do you like NEVER EVER EVER being able to change the handguard?
Do you NEVER EVER -EVER- forsee wanting anything like a full length rail on a carbine barrel?

Because if you want keymod/m-lok, fuck off. If you damage your rail, fuck off. If you want to change the barrel out one day, fuck off. But if you don't care about that and just want it to sing, it will sing. Oh GOD it will sing.
>>
File: 1480008899980m.jpg (74KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480008899980m.jpg
74KB, 768x1024px
>>32109338
Sing?
>>
Get an FNH, currently the best civilian AR-15 out right now, not even meming.
>>
>>32109148
I don't. Its for the trunk
>>
>>32109192
Not approved
>>
File: Cio5zd.gif (904KB, 320x133px) Image search: [Google]
Cio5zd.gif
904KB, 320x133px
>>32109476

>SIIIIIING
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.