[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for you /k/ I'm 18 and I want a handgun, thanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 92120_1.jpg (119KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
92120_1.jpg
119KB, 1000x716px
Question for you /k/

I'm 18 and I want a handgun, thanks to laws I can't just buy one from a store but I do live in Florida so I do have private sales. Theres a gun show this weekend near me. Am I going to get a decent selection of handguns from private sellers or is just about everything worth a damn going to be from FFLs? Thanks

Also parents live out of state so no go there
>>
gun shows have almost anything, so you're going to be alright.
>>
>>32105640
most sellers at gunshows are ffls. just because they have a stall doesnt turn them into private sellers. they cannot sell handguns to you
there will be private sellers walking around with guns for sale so its not like it will be a complete wash but armslist might be easier depending on what you want.
>>
>>32105640

If you live near an urban area, armslist is the way to go.

Decent deals at gun shows are hard to find, and many are FFLs, so you'd have to be 21 anyway.
>>
>>32105704
>>32105721
Will there be any private sellers with decent amounts of handguns?
>>
>>32105940
Not too many. Expect to see overpriced glocks and revolvers plus budget pistols for the most part, my buddy bought a SD9ve from a private seller who was also trying to selling a glock 17 for $800
>>
>>32105940
depends on your county, volusia, hillsborough and miami dade if i'm remembering right prohibit it.

there are always private sellers at the webster fleamarket mondays and the oak hill flea market weekends. other than those i don't see guns on tables much.
>>
>>32106626
>>32106769
I'm in Orange County, going to the Orlando gun show. Are the guns they're selling primarily new or used?
>>
>>32106626
This was the Orlando one by the way
Also forgot to add my buddy was 20
>>
>>32106781
Sheeeit, I'm going to the Orlando one, going to get there early as possible so I can maybe get a deal
>>
>>32106777
mostly lightly used but there are a few new ones, prices are roughly equivalent to gunshow private seller ones - a little higher than they should be.

never been to an orlando gunshow so i'm not sure what you're likely to run into aside from jerky and the sound of tasers.
>>
>>32106777
From private sellers they're going to be used 90% of the time.
>>32106805
Honestly its really 50/50 with the deals there.

But the gunshow is a good oppertunity to finger fuck things you're interested in. Like for example, I really liked the Jericho because 'muh space cowboy' but the controls didn't agree with my fingers so I stopped looking into it.
>>
getting a .45 USP will be the best gun buy you ever make
>>
>>32106856
Honestly I was considering one, what makes you love it so?
>>
>>32106856
Whats so good about the USP?
>>
File: 1474688270402.jpg (410KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474688270402.jpg
410KB, 1920x1200px
>>32106886
>>32107465
literally everything. I'm enamoured with the gun. the aesthetics, its perfect weight, the ergonomics and controls, the ease of being accurate with it on follow up shots, it made me understand HK fandom/loyalty. the only thing less than terrific is its trigger, but that depends a lot on preference and whether you've been spoiled by truly great triggers.
>>
>>32107843
Whats a fair price for one?
>>
>>32106856
*If you have large hands

Even the 40/9 is a beast (in terms of size, it has mild, smooth recoil) with medium/average hands.
>>
>>32108014
$700 used but in good condition with at least 2 magazines. Good luck though not a lot of people sell their USP unless they really need cash. I'd suggest waiting till December when people are trying to get Christmas money if you want a deal. Otherwise have at least $800 dollars. They'll probably try to Jew you if they find out you're an underagefag.
>>
>>32107843
>the only thing less than terrific is its trigger

I put a heavier trigger return spring, the match trigger, and the match sear spring in my USP9 full size and I really really like it now.

DA pull is heavier, but smooth. SA pull is predictable and comfortably hard. Reset is very positive.

I really, really love my USP.
>>
Whats a good way to spot someone whos a private seller vs an FFL so I can avoid having to ask and coming off as suspicious/having to admit I'm under 21 and getting set up for kikery?
>>
>>32106856
I want one cause of F.E.A.R.
>>
>>32108320
"How much is the background check?"
>>
>>32105640
Find your local firearms classifieds and buy off there. I'm in GA and we have the fantastic resource outdoorstrader. Find your state's equivalent.
>>
>>32105640
OP a private seller is a person that is not affiliated with a gun store FFL. It's like going on Craigslist for something. As someone mentioned already try Armslist or countless other websites and forums. You agree to meet the person and you go out and exchange money for gun and shake hands. Simple.

As for the USP I personally don't have experience but I have a friend who absolutely loved his.
>>
>>32108326
Good one
>>
What I'd really love to find is a CZ75 SP 01, does anyone have any experience or have any idea what my odds are of finding one?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.