[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To people who say mosin is not good rifle, how explain greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (341KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
341KB, 500x719px
To people who say mosin is not good rifle, how explain greatest sniper in all history, Simo Hayha, earned his kills using Mosin.

Is good rifle.
>>
it's häyhä not hayha
>>
File: slavdrinkinggame.jpg (41KB, 537x339px) Image search: [Google]
slavdrinkinggame.jpg
41KB, 537x339px
>>32101250
>Post great purge red army
>unmotivated russian conscripts

He'd probably have the same amount of kills if he was limited to a slingshot
>>
>>32101417
This. No matter how much you hate communism, this.
Sad thing is most of the conscripts were Ukrainians. And the fact that Karelia is still in Russia to this day.
>>
>>32101250
Learn some English you filthy foreigner
>>
>>32101250
The mosins that the Finns used were upgraded with much better quality barrels.
>>
>>32102325

Rifle barrels were actually probably the least important Finnish improvements. Better sights, better rifle stocks and improved magazines made bigger difference.
>>
>>32101250
>greatest sniper in all history, Simo Hayha

That's not how you spell Chris Kyle.
>>
>>32101250
No
Is good sniper
>>
>>32103591
I would add better trigger and barrel bedding as well. I shoot a M24 Finn with modest success and it is very good as far as mosins go.
>>
>>32101250
>with as many as 150 more kills by SMG
>>
>>32103606
Obvious troll is obvious...
>>
File: Moist Nugget Super-Duper Hi-Res.jpg (372KB, 2100x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Moist Nugget Super-Duper Hi-Res.jpg
372KB, 2100x1311px
>>32101250
what boggles my mind is that he stuck with the Nugget even when offered better rifles. I suppose there's wisdom in sticking with what you're familiar with.

tbqh the "Nugget is bad" meme is simply backlash from years of the rifle being overhyped. The Nugget is adequate in every sense of the word (and, dare I say it, superior to other surplus rifles in several ways), and I'm sure in a few years today's newfags will be wondering why we panned it so badly.
>>
>>32106327
>better than last ditch Jap nuggets
Well, its not that hard to be better than one. Hell, Carcanos are probably better than your average Mosin.
>>
>>32102325
>>32103591

They trued the barrels, bedded them and very often made them free floating inside the handguard. Plus, overall fine tuning of action, sights and feeding.
>>
>>32106327
Hayha had several rifles, but the one he used was the same he used in shooting competitions before war. The White Guard recognized him and treated his rifle in custom shop manner.

It's been also told that Hayha carried a Suomi KP/31 during his missions, to fend off flanking attempts and to buy time to retreat. So all of those kills are not necessary made with Mosin. He was a very wanted guy by Soviets.
>>
>>32106636
when I said
>dare I say it, superior to other surplus rifles in several ways
I was referring to the ammo being cheaper and more common than most other full-powered surplus rounds, and the rifle's simplicity.

>Hell, Carcanos are probably better than your average Mosin.
I like my Carcano short rifle because it feels more balanced than a Nugget, and the bent bolt handle helps me cycle the action faster. However, the ammo is expensive and very hard to find, which is why I usually leave it behind and take the M44 instead.

Carcanos are critically underrated tbqh, and it's best that it stays that way so normies don't drive prices up.

>>32106988
given the amount of shit the Soviets sent his way, it would've been suicidal not to bring a backup weapon along. It must have sucked carrying a KP on top of a Nugget though, they're not light guns.
>>
>>32102314
New fag get out
>>
>>32107162
Not really, 54r is only about $0.02 cheaper than .303 or 8mm. It's just a shitty rifle all around, the only plus is that you can beat on it and not feel bad like you would to your mauser.
>>
>>32107162
>It must have sucked carrying a KP on top of a Nugget though, they're not light guns.

He was one tough motherfucker. And not an ordinary man.

It's been told that he had an incredible eyesight, an incredible hearing, an incredible aptitude of perception of his surroundings, an incredible individual tactical insight and he really felt nothing else than a recoil when he squeezed the trigger.

It's been also told that he had an incredibly morbid sense of humour. Other guys definitely respected his skills, but most of them didn't like to spend time with him. That's why he had a bunk in Lt Aarne Juutilanen's tent who was his commanding officer with a similar sense of humour. Juutilainen was an ex-FFL and a general badass as well.
>>
>>32107221
>It's just a shitty rifle all around,

It's not even that Mosins are shitty rifles, they're just painfully average.
>>
>>32101272
and they're not bad for a two-umlaut band.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.