[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the US military have artillery and rocket divisions like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: original.jpg (939KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
939KB, 4288x2848px
Does the US military have artillery and rocket divisions like Russia and China do?

I seen people arguing about it somewhere and I wasn't for sure.

Pic semi related I guess.
>>
>>32098149
not divisions, but they have regiments and battalions. Divisions in both Russia and China can sometimes be a misnomer, sometimes the name and the actual unit don't match up. in China there is a Division that has/had the name Second Artillery Corps but is in charge of all nuclear missiles.
>>
>>32098746
I wish Canada had rocket Artillery. Being field artillery is gay. Just humpin rounds and losing hearing all day.
>>
Division level artillery connotes the pieces are grouped together or have to go through extra hassle to communicate with the front line.

At least in the 80s when artillery sensing tech was being tested and fielded that means one battalion level battery could ass blast gommies like it was whack a mole on lean
>>
>>32098789
WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?

Field artillery still fucks shit up, and you guys get used more.

for any body who doesn't know, tubes suppress and hit point targets, MLRS is area suppression system (firing rockets with submunitions that hit a wide area)

HIMARS are guided rockets
>>
>>32098746
He may be talking about the fact that PLA has an entire branch devoted to rocket warfare -- formerly 解放军第二炮兵/PLA second artillery force, now 解放军火箭军/PLA rocket force.

It's a fully separate branch with its own senior leadership, uniforms, units, etc. While they also handle strategic missiles and general/overall anti-air, obviously other branches have their own anti-air stuff.
>>
>>32098149
Not to the same extent as Russia and China.
Why?
Because our air force is #1
China and Russia have shit teir jets so they fallback on SAMs ex.

Those missile sights are F35 food man.
>>
>>32098950

Himars is the same shit as M270, it just carries less rockets. So the entire US military has just one 227mm MLRS, while the Chinese have full spectrum of 122/273/300/425mm rocket artillery with superior range, higher launch tubes capacity and much, much larger saturation area.
>>
>>32099671
Conversely, airfields and carriers are food for strategic bombers and cruise missiles. And Russia has 23 divisions of S-400, in addition to 100-120 divisions of S-300. So now the US is denied its airpower advantage and has no ground element to fallback to, as enemy rocket artillery outmatches, outguns and outranges your own in every conceivable aspect.

Here comes the revelation that USAF is good at nothing beyond bombing poor arabs stuck in 1950s, and US Army combat capabilities without air support are worse than those of Italy or Greece.
>>
>>32100014
I'd explain to you why you're wrong, but you unironically think the US can be toppled by the Russian military and are just going to flame response every good point made against you like the many other sputnik posters before you. Simply put, the Russians have the capability to slow down/stop American forces for a limited time only and that's about it. They can't accomplish much more than that in a conventional war against the US.
>>
>>32099671
if you're going to shitpost at least do so about f-15, jet that can actually fly on combat missions and will comprise the bulk of american air force for the rest of this century. not a dysfunctional boondoggle that will sit in the hangar and milk funds until its decomission
>>
American field artillery is devastating. Just not used much due to the lack of appropriate threats.
>>
>>32099671
Rocket artillery is not the same as SAMs you dumb fuck.
>>
>>32100187
This. We hardly get to use it because we achieve our objectives before that point
>>
>>32100014
>US denied Airpower
>By Russia

gr8 b8 m8 I give it 8/8
>>
>>32100137
>being this jelly of Murica's new toy

Yeah it was a waste of money, but now that it exists.. watch your tooche
>>
>>32100187
>>32100380
They use it all the fucking time, it's a lot cheaper than missiles.
>>
>>32100014
You do realize that all of the shit is spread out over the entirety of the country. Meaning it can't hold back the tide forever. Then the hitting of ground forces begins
>>
>>32100187
>towed artillery is 2/3 of all division level artillery
>no 155mm howitzer with effective firing range >40km

Devastating in a war against Panama or Papua New Guinea, no doubt
>>
>>32100520
And US is spread thin all over the globe to maintain status quo and peacekeep frozen conflicts, so what's your point. No one outside this dying taiwanese chalkboard would seriously indulge deranged lunacy of war with second military power in the world, otherwise Americans would be already bombing Assad. People in Pentagon are well aware the US will be curbstomped, anally prolapsed and forced to consume its own shit in a war against Russia.
>>
File: 20160722_104738[1].jpg (568KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_104738[1].jpg
568KB, 2048x1152px
>>32098149
210 FAB in Worst Korea. Tasked with counterfire for Best Korea's artillery
>>
>>32101139
Thanks for being here.

I was with the ROKA 1st Corps artillery, was also tasked with counterbattry missions.
>>
File: 1405538267619.png (128KB, 700x2190px) Image search: [Google]
1405538267619.png
128KB, 700x2190px
>>32101167
Happy to fight for freedoms. ROK forces were alright. I want to strangle every KATUSA tho. Fucking mama boys whiny spoiled rich kid fucks.
>>
>>32101217
That I can agree with. Never trust a man who wants to take the easy way out when it comes to serving his country.
>>
>>32101650
Yea because if we had the draft in the US you would just gladly waste 2 years on that?
>>
There is no need for divisions, when damn near every brigade has its own artillery battalion
>>
>>32100137

The USA is confirmed to procure over 2300 of them, and it goes into full rate production in three years. Your shitposts are out of date.
>>
File: 1445269669875.jpg (61KB, 531x640px)
1445269669875.jpg
61KB, 531x640px
>>32100958
>there are vatniks on /k/ right now that actually believe this

Russians on /k/ are an absolute treasure
>>
>>32101217

KATUSA ? Can you explain pls anon
>>
>>32102204
Prove him wrong, invade Syria then.
>>
>>32099671
>our air force is #1
and #2.
>>
File: 1408538778975.jpg (155KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
1408538778975.jpg
155KB, 620x330px
>>32102211
KATUSAs are Korean Augmentation To the United States Army. An interesting little fact very few are aware of, Korean citizens can serve directly in the US army in lieu of term of conscription in their own military. You need to speak English, pass exams and is very competitive in Korea since it is viewed as a favorable alternative to being in the ROK military. Being a KATUSA basically sucks way less than being a conscript so all the rich kids try to go that route.

Consequently, most KATUSAs are worthless spoiled whiny shits that arent good for anything.
>>
>>32103984

Thanks, Do the katusas serves directly in the US army or is it like, an organisation that only exists for korea, or have they gone to Iraq etc
>>
>>32104013
They serve directly in the US Army, wear US uniforms, live on US bases and fall in to our formations, all of it. It's only for Korea tho.
>>
>>32103984
I had a RoK citizen friend in college (engineering student at a big 10 modwestern state school) who did this after he graduated. He was a good guy, but definitely a rich kid. No idea how he handled himself in a .mil setting though.
>>
>>32099858
The Chinese launchers are meant to be used near the Chinese border, whereas the American launchers are meant to be transported to a battlefield on the other side of the world. If you need a plane to transport the rocket launcher, you get to a point where it makes more sense to just put the rockets on the plane.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.