[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a return to line infantry with modern rifles be an effective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1546952_orig.png (695KB, 754x479px) Image search: [Google]
1546952_orig.png
695KB, 754x479px
Would a return to line infantry with modern rifles be an effective combat tactic against ISIS?
>>
>>32093325

Just stop.
>>
>>32093325

No but World War One and Two fought with line infantry would have been very fucking interesting.
>>
>>32093346
Second.
>>
Jesus Christ
Someone greentext a story on how this would work, I challenge you.
>>
>>32093372
>everyone lines up
>everyone shoots
>they die
>>
>>32093325

Not really, but if we were allowed to use Sherman's strategy as well, we would still be doing better than what we are currently.
>>
Is this AoE3?
It doesn't look like Empire TW
>>
File: flat.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flat.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
>>32093325

On certain terrain, maybe.

What are ISILs strengths, VBEDs, a couple tanks, technicals, small arms and RPGs. They don't have air support, probably not much artillery.

Y'know... maybe.
>>
>>32093372

Why write a story when it's already a movie. It's called Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones.

Stupid ain't it?
>>
Well, americas stategy so far has been just bunking down and letting the airforce do everything, like cowards.

So actually fighting like men would be an improvement.
>>
>>32093386
>Ied kills many more people in a line
It just won't work. Stop.
>>32093413
Good point
>>
>>32093325
>Let's beat assymetrical guerrilla & urban warfare
>With the most rigid form of warfare ever seen besides the greek phalanx
Now, I'll admit to being a layman, but this sounds ridiculous.

I love it. Someone call Putin
>>
>>32093355
stupid.
it would have been very fucking stupid.
>what is machineguns
>>
>>32093355
If I'm not mistaken, the French did in the opening weeks of the first world war. In one day they lost something near to 30,000 Men using formation tactics against the Germans as they advanced.
>>
>>32094379
>30,000 Men
fuggg :-DDDDDDDDD
>>
>>32094379
No wonder they got so rekt in WWII, every man with a huge set of balls was dead by then.
>>
File: 5.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>32093325
>"Awfully nice formation you got there. Would be a real shame if someone was to, you know, martyr themselves with it."
>>
>>32094407
>>32094379

The more accurate figure is 27k dead, and that's because the fighting occured on the whole frontier between Germany and France and into Belgium.

Anyway they weren't rushing in line formations.

That's because Germans had far better artillery and also superior tactics. What they did a lot was sit back, observe French positions and use massive artillery fire on them so the French were forced to attack because officers were told not to retreat at any cost and that's when the carnage happened.

The most bloody single event was at Rossignol, where 7k Breton and French southerner soldiers were left alone without order after their officer went mad and rushed the German lines alone.

Without orders the whole division kept their position instead of retreating. Eventually the Germans encircled them and killed them all in some bloody battle.

Anyway Germany's and France's casualties during the Battle of the Frontiers were on par.
>>
>>32094421

France got rekt in WW2 because of lack of political will, Belgium switching to neutrality after Germany reoccupied the Rhineland and French command being absolutely retarded.

The whole French army was fighting deep into Belgium when the Germans pierced through Sedan via the Ardennes. Which cut the bulk of the French army from their country.

France had something close to 100k dead or missing after the six weeks of battle.
>>
>>32093325
Sitting on a horse behind a line seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>32093372
>line up with bros
>remove kebab.gif
>get ready to shoot
>become IED'd
>>
>>32093325
this type of formation fighting is no longer necessary because we have radios
>>
>>32093422
>iambecomebait.jpg
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.