[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm buying an AR or AK as soon as the prices drop. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0405.jpg (52KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
52KB, 1000x630px
I'm buying an AR or AK as soon as the prices drop. What are some things I should know about them maintenance-wise before purchasing?
>>
>>32091920
Lurk more imo
>>
>>32091920
Also youtube.
>>
>>32091920
>as soon as the prices drop
Uhhh... AR's have been absurdly cheap for a couple of years now. What do you want? A $250 AR?
>>
>>32091920
Get an AR.

And also this >>32091949
>>
>>32091920

You just gotta send a oiled up boresnake through your AR barrel and lube up your bolt and cam. Clean the inside of the bcg and the bolt itself and firing pin.

For the AK just put it her in a bucket of Mobil 1 and run a shoestring covered in oil through the bore.
>>
>>32091972
>What do you want? A $250 AR?

I'd buy 3 for that price desu.
>>
>>32091920
The bolt doesn't need to be cleaned nearly as often as some people might tell you.
>>
>>32091920

Cabela's currently has a nice entry-level DPMS for $499

Dollar General is selling $50 in cabela's gift cards for $40

that's $400 for an AR
>>
If you are getting a ak make sure it's foreign made. I made the mistake of getting a american made ak once..they are shit at the moment as companies cut way too many corners to sell them under 1000 dollars and foreign made ones are cheap because le cheap/free labor . Stay the fuck away from i.o. Inc, the ras47 and c39/c39v2. Any fully foreign made ak is going to have hammer forged parts and trunions, I wouldn't get a npap tho bc they have been proven to not heat treat their receivers right. There are milled and stamped.receiver Ak's. Milled are more expensive and more heavy but both milled and stamped are extremely durable if properly made. Any factory build ak rifle is a military spec gun. If you are getting a ar15 make sure u are getting quality hammer forged/nitrated parts if u intend to put thousands of rounds through it as well, but expect to pay over 1000 dollars for a decent gun
>>
Get a ak
>>
>>32093905
I would wait until Trump gets in because it's likely the import ban will go away
>>
>>32094310
That could take years
>>
>>32091920
The minimum is S&P M&P II and the next step up is Ruger AR. Those are readily assembled; generally, the best are assembled from different manufacturers.
>>
>>32093905
The Npap will be fine as long as you know how to inspect an AK. I never found out what the big issue was with the c39v2's except for lack of cleaning rod and bayonet lug. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>32094409
I own a c39v2. They have cheap cast parts, they "frame treat" the bolt carrier tail mildly but that's barely any heat treatment at all, and many (simply too many for me to mention) have had the moving machine parts literally explode into peices on them. If u really want one bad I can sell u one that's basically nib (only 1 round put through it) for 599 because I know it has this problem and I want to get rid of it..but that's how sure I am this is not only a common problem but one that likely has taken part in the entire production of this rifle, as century has basic lyrics stated themselves. The receiver itself however is milled and probably decent quality and most people report it being above average ak durability but it's still no sam7 combloc hammer forged one. Also yes the c39v2 uses the exact same parts as the ras47 which have been known to have issues. Century and other u.s. ak manufacturers are new to their work and they have barely just started to reverse engineer the design..they aren't quite up to spec..
>>
>>32094409
And u can't tell if a npap receiver is properly heat treatment just by looking at them. There are some u can run over with a truck and some that just bend out of shape when u do. It's sort of a 50 50 thing and unrelated to the condition of the rivets. There are ranges that have full auto-d npap but had to pull them once the receivers started cracking and they got rid of them. To my knowledge this has never happened with a Milled receiver Chinese or bulgarian ak rifle
>>
>>32091920
Ak's don't need maintenance
Ar's need constant maintenance
You could store an AK in salt water and it would be fin.
If you don't clean your AR every 200-500 rounds it could explode in your face.
Be careful friend
>>
>>32096343
You don't need to clean or maintenence a ak to function unlike a ar that wont function without it after 80 rounds or so and a ak doesn't get dirty near as fast but lubrication still increases how long the moving parts last significantly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.