[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never come to this board, but I decided this could be a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (14KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 300x220px
I never come to this board, but I decided this could be a good start. I'm looking for my first self defense weapon to have at my house, but I don't know anything about guns or weapons in general honestly. I don't really have a price limit, I just want to make sure I can stay safe. Any recommendations for someone as new as me? idk what other information I would need to give, but I just need some help to start my search.
>>
>>32091835
Do you live alone?
Do you live in an apartment complex or a standalone house?
Are you fully physically able? (i.e. no deformities, disabilities, etc)
Have you ever shot a gun before?
Would you have proper space to store a long gun?
>>
If you don't know anything, then I'd suggest looking around your local area for a basic weapons course. Expect to pay between $100-$200. They'll teach you basic safety, weapon function, and laws regarding your area, and there will probably be a live-fire exercise. It's money well spent if you know nothing, and you don't personally know anyone who can teach you to shoot and handle firearms.
>>
>>32091851
I live alone, in a standalone house. I have no disabilities. I've shot a gun once before, forgot what it was though, I just remember it was some pistol. I have a decent amount of space to store bigger guns.
>>
>>32091856
Yeah I guess that would be a good idea.
>>
G17/19, Mossberg 500, or build an AR-15 from PSA parts
>>
>>32091835
Get an AR-15. We'll need them when drumpfs death squads come for us.
>>
If you are looking for a weapon for home defense only and have enough room (i.e. no narrow hallways that would restrict your ability to turn around) a shotgun is always a good start.
It would benefit you to try shooting a few different weapons and find out what you are comfortable with.
The best defense weapon is the one you can pick up and shoot well in a stressful situation.
>>
>>32091865
>>32091875
do what that guy said, take a weapons handling class or two. take some of their advice with a grain of salt, however, as they might be fudds or mentally retarded. It happens sometimes.

Then, I'd build a basic AR in .223 Remington/5.56mm NATO, or .308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO. Go to the range a few times. Learn how to work and fire your new rifle. Practice until you get okay groupings and can control it while firing.

Also, buy a nightstand pistol. A Glock 19 or Glock 21 (both are fullsize, but in different calibers) is not a bad choice, but just be careful with the trigger. There are other fullsize pistols out there if the Glock doesn't tickle your fancy. Practice with the Glock too, it's harder to hit something with a pistol than a rifle, in most cases.

When setting up your weapon placement, keep the Glock in the nightstand or another concealed place, and keep the AR-15 in your bedroom, a little away from your bed so you don't knock it over. Also, wherever you put a gun, place some ear protection there too for when you need to use it. Don't give yourself tinnitus while removing Jamal and his bros.
>>
You need a shotgun.
It's got a good spreeead
>>
.410 Mossberg 500
>>
Burn these rules into your memory, don't be an unsafe bastard, and come back making a ND thread.

1. The gun is always loaded. (even when it isn't)
2.Never point the gun at someone, or something you wouldn't want to shoot.
3.Never place your finger on the trigger unless you are going to pull the trigger.
4.Make sure you have properly identified what you are going to shoot, and where your bullet will go if it passes through the target.

They should have to teach these in school like sex ed, or drivers ed.
>>
Self Defense weaponry 101
>in America?
Find the nearest range that rents firearms and go crazy.
>plan to practice?
If yes find the gun you can shoot and get better with it. If no get a simple reliable gun (glock, revolver)
>carry?
Something you can comfortably wear and shoot reasonably
>Home defense
Size doesn't really matter, get what you can shoot

>not in America
Not familiar with your laws... maybe a strongly worded letter?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.