[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>American shipbuilding At least when the Russian carrier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3819.jpg (357KB, 1920x1153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3819.jpg
357KB, 1920x1153px
>American shipbuilding
At least when the Russian carrier breaks down, it has the excuse of being a million years old.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/us-navys-most-expensive-destroyer-breaks-down-in-panama-canal
>>
File: harrisonfordshrug.gif (1MB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
harrisonfordshrug.gif
1MB, 500x238px
*sound of Millennium Falcon engine stalling*
>>
>>32091777
bongs need to take a good, hard fucking look at this mess. They need to look at the mistakes and what went wrong with the Zumwalt, and literally try their best not to do the exact same thing the US has done. Or, their Type 26's and 31's might end up being the exact same failure the Zumwalt is.
>>
>>32091777

Have the crews been trained in proper maintenance yet?

This could be a case of negligence.
>>
File: BMT Venator 110.jpg (170KB, 1419x796px) Image search: [Google]
BMT Venator 110.jpg
170KB, 1419x796px
>>32092314
>bongs need to take a good, hard fucking look at this mess. They need to look at the mistakes and what went wrong with the Zumwalt, and literally try their best not to do the exact same thing the US has done.

We've been using Integrated electric propulsion before the US and had nothing like the problems they have.

Type 26 is CODLAG however. And we've been operating CODLAG since the 80's.

The US should really learn some shipbuilding lessons from the RN.
>>
>>32091777

What is the major new thing the Zumwalt brings to the table?

OP's trips shall not go unchecked by the way
>>
>>32092636

Yes, advantages of having a tiny navy I imagine.
>>
>>32092737
Quality > quantity
>>
File: Royal Navy 2020.jpg (329KB, 1600x980px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Navy 2020.jpg
329KB, 1600x980px
>>32092636
Hah, just my luck, mention IEP and the lack of major problems and minutes later news of HMS Duncan returning to port under tow.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/type-45-destroyer-towed-back-port-break/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=FacebookPage&utm_campaign=social
>>
>>32092767

>Except not really
>>
>>32092767
Civil war, WW2, Rhodesia
>>
>>32092314

The Type 26's and 31's are no where as close in experimental as the Zumwalt, so I don't know what you mean.

>>32092776

If anything it's
>American engineering
That's causing the problems on the Daring class.
>>
Military ships should have maneuvering thrusters that are used to move the ship around in port, usually run with an auxiliary engine. If anything it should even carry a tender with enough power to move the ship.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.