[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k/ feel about purchasing restrictions for non-citizens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

How does /k/ feel about purchasing restrictions for non-citizens? I'm a permanent resident who's
lived in the US for most of my life, but citizenship is cost-prohibitive and comes with some downsides
(most notably having to pay income tax if I leave the States). Given that most of you are
Constitution-nuts and the 14th amendment guarantees me the rights of a citizen, it would seem
putting different restrictions on me because of my immigration status would full under "infringement".

In case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, at least in VA I can't buy pic related.
>>
File: 1344517849967.gif (944KB, 570x333px) Image search: [Google]
1344517849967.gif
944KB, 570x333px
My grandmother is a permanent resident and owns more guns than me; and i own a lot of fucking guns. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>Not paying taxes
Yeah, you don't deserve guns.
>>
>>32090445
The 14th Amendment was a mistake.
>>
>>32090482
>>32090445
Also, the 14th Amendment doesn't make you a citizen.
>>
>>32090492
"nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws"
Given that I fall under VA jurisdiction, I think this applies to me. Also, where in the 2nd amendment
do you see the word citizen?

>>32090467
At least here I can buy handguns/long guns but for "assault weapons" I need a license, which
LGS owner told me I probably wouldn't get. Another example is Washington state, where
apparently non-citizens can't buy guns at all.
>>
>>32090509
>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof
>AND
Can you read you spic nigger chink slav yurofuck? The 14th Amendment is not talking about you. The 14th Amendment was written for niggers.
>>
>>32090522
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Can you read you blue-blooded American? Nor deny to any person, without qualifying they must
be citizens. It doesn't really matter who it was written for does it?

I'm Irish, just to help you make more accurate insults.
>>
File: 35243243.jpg (163KB, 439x620px) Image search: [Google]
35243243.jpg
163KB, 439x620px
>>32090445
It's the pragmatic and safe thing for a country wanting to protect itself. It is also fundamentally wrong. Firearms should be proliferated.
>>
>>32090572
Dumb potatonigger. The first sentence qualifies the entire clause. Note also the parallel between "all persons" and "any persons". They refer to the same thing.

And yes context does matter within the law. They sure weren't thinking about shamrock niggers when they drafted it. Go smoke on them lucky charms micfaggot.
>>
Permanent residents can buy guns, you idiot.
>>
>>32090593
Google "equal protection clause". You're wrong, and I am sorry about that.

>>32090595
Didn't say they can't. I said some states limit what kinds you can buy as a non-citizen. Although again,
apparently permanent residents can't buy guns in Washington because they need a permit from an
office that no longer exists (or something like that).
>>
File: 1477097196773.jpg (59KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
1477097196773.jpg
59KB, 480x471px
How about you just get on board, and pay some taxes?

Do you live in the US? Then you have our standard of living. Pay up sucka.

Do you feel your status, limits your options while living here? Good that is the point. Don't like it, pay up like everyone else, vote them out, vote them in, whatever.

This is a slippery slope. I say you get nothing. I won't extend any type of favor to anyone. If you can not make it in the United States, maybe you just weren't meant to make it.

"But, that's not fair"

NO SHIT, THAT IS THE POINT

Pay your shit like everyone else. Or you don't get rights like everyone else.

If you can't find anywhere in the US that fits your goals, either become a citizen, or gtfo.
>>
>>32090643
Dumb paddy, fire-crotch leprecoon.
>>
>>32090656
...I pay taxes? I was trying to make the point that US citizens living abroad for whatever length of time
still have to pay income tax on whatever they make abroad. So, for example, I decide to spend
a month or two working on my uncle's dairy farm, I have to disclose that income and pay single white
man tax rates on it, even though I wasn't living in the US during that period. It makes extended vacations
basically impossible. US is the only country that does this, and I don't feel the need to pay thousands
of dollars to USCIS, at least not until I've settled down and bought some land or something.

But again, if you genuinely believe only citizens pay taxes you're an idiot and you've been brainwashed.
>>
>>32090445
As long as they are following the laws and have proper documentation, I don't see and issue with it.
>>
>>32090684
Does the money you make working on the farm get taxed by Potatoland?
>>
>>32090643

Wrong. The requirement to have an Alien Firearm License is if you are a non-immigrant and needing a gun. Permanent resident (green card holder) in Washington can buy any guns a citizen can own or buy.

I have about 26 now.
>>
>>32090698
Yes. That's why it's an issue, expats get double income taxed. Seems like kind of a dealbreaker
considering most of my family still lives overseas.

>>32090700
News to me. You learn something new everyday.
>>
File: 1479576774395.png (27KB, 559x163px) Image search: [Google]
1479576774395.png
27KB, 559x163px
>I want all the rights of being an American
>But I don't want any of the responsibilities
>>
>>32090722
>responsibilities
Such as?
>>
>>32090734
Taxes and selective service immediately jump to mind.
>>
>>32090734
Paying tax even if you're not in the US and are already paying the taxes of the place you're living.

Thanks Obama.
>>
>>32090739
I pay taxes. I'm also registered with the selective service. I'm guessing this isn't something you've
thought very much about before, is it?
>>
>>32090754
No, it's not. I don't think highly of non-citizens so I frankly don't bother learning the ins and outs of life as a second class resident.
>>
>>32090467
>taxes
>constitutional
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.