[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What effect would bombs with yields comparable to thermonuclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: bestgirls.jpg (32KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirls.jpg
32KB, 720x540px
What effect would bombs with yields comparable to thermonuclear bombs with no harmful/long-lasting radioactive fallout do to MAD doctrine?
>>
Nothing. Dumb people may treat radiation like black magic but it's the least of a nuke's primary effects.
>>
Honestly it would be worth living in Tokyo-3 just for the chance to get in positions like that with Misato.
>>
>>32087866
I would rather slowly burn to death that die from radiation poisoning and thermal injury is one of the few types of pain the the brain can do little to nothing to turn off.
Healthcare anon here with clinical time in a level 1 Burn ICU. I won't say which but it won't take long to look up the Burn formula named after it.
>>
>>32087852
that would be like a meteor impact, fucked up, no matter the radiation.
>>
>>32087940
>>32087852
sorry didnt read the whole thing, nothing would change, still MAD, nuclear winter is not caused by radiation, radiation just makes it worse.
>>
>>32087936
I think if you are exposed and got thermal injury, the radiation first destroys your nerves, so you feel no pain.
>>
>>32087878
>you will never live with a cute alcoholic cake during your high-school years
>>
>>32087852
>What effect would bombs with yields comparable to thermonuclear bombs with no harmful/long-lasting radioactive fallout do to MAD doctrine?

Thermonuclear weapons are measured in megatons--millions of tons of TNT.

A conventional bomb weighing a million tons would have no effect on MAD, because it wouldn't fit in any launch vehicle, and would never get off the ground.
>>
>>32087936
Medic here

>muh 4cc x absolute value of % Bsa burned x weight in kg
>>
>>32089598
He's referring to something like a antimatter bomb, persumebly. No un-burned fuel scattered around, just lots of boom.*

*Less then 1% of the mass of radioactive fuel is converted to energy in a thermonuclear weapon. The rest is explosively scattered across the landscape.

>>32087852
Tactical weapon in the .5 to 10 kiloton range might be considered acceptable to use, but I honestly don't know.
>>
>>32087866
>Nothing. Dumb people may treat radiation like black magic but it's the least of a nuke's primary effects.

Dumb fuck pls go.While the primary effect of the tsar bomba is long gone, it's fallout is still there and will linger.
>>
>>32088003
Tell that to the guy who literally melted from exposure and begged to be put out of his misery while doctors watched and took notes.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
>>
>>32089598
I think you could easily get energy levels on par with nuclear fusion weapons using a KE-based orbital slingshot. Take a bigass nickel asteroid from the jumper belt, slap some rockets on it and put it on a collision course with earth. Once it get some speed there isn't much you can do to stop it.

>Inb4 intercept the asteroid and blow it up with nuclear charges planted in its core.
>>
>>32088136
tfw
>>
>>32087852
MAD has nothing to do with radiation. It is about competing nations owning similar numbers of the most powerful weapon available (currently, nukes) that any absolute war will destroy everyone. If the said weapon changes e.g. fictional antimatter bombs, then it is only a matter of time that other nations will get their hands on it. Not that it matters anyway since nukes are enough to do it now. The game changer is if someone can intercept, disable or defend (fictional energy shields) against nukes.
>>
>>32090255
daaam das fucced bra
>>
File: confirmed.jpg (35KB, 636x288px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.jpg
35KB, 636x288px
Anti-matter initiated hydrogen bombs are one of the few realistic ways one could achieve "pure" fusion weapons, Incredibly small fusion weapons also become a possibility.

Development of such weapons would make most methods for combating nuclear proliferation obsolete as most of them rely on tracking the required fissile material for nuclear weapons.
Anti ballistic missiles would become significantly more effective as you could now detonate very small nukes near vital equipment and personal without worrying about contamination.

The nuclear formula might become:
"Do I have enough tactical nukes to defeat the defense systems that defeat my strategic nukes that would defeat the defense systems that defeat my tactical nukes?"
MAD as we understand it today would certainly end.
>>
>>32087852
There's no such thing as mad doctrine
>>
>>32090253

He's right, though. Only 15% of a nuclear weapon's casualties come from radiation. And that's for older, less efficient, dirtier weapons. Newer bombs would produce even less local fallout.
>>
>>32088136
Alcoholic cake?
>>
>>32091098
Christmas cake. Look it up, kiddo.
>>
>>32090253
Tsar Bomba was the cleanest nuclear weapon in history.
>>
>>32091124
Stop being a sperg and explain your shit.
>>
>>32091171
He's got 10 minutes to start making sense or I will penalize him 1 burger and tell black people where he lives.
>>
>>32091089
Nuclear Engineer here. Thermonuclear weapons get most of their kick from fusion, which does not generate much fallout. Fission results in fission products which are intensely radioactive, but decay relatively quickly and actinides which take longer to decay. State of the art thermonuclear weapons are explicitly designed to minimize fall-out so that friendly conventional forces can move in afterwards to mop up the survivors.
>>
>>32090255
>Guy melts in agony for 40 days
>Take notes

Epic
>>
>>32087963

>nuclear winter is not caused by radiation

It isn't caused by nuclear weapons either.
>>
>>32091067
>japan
>sane people

Choose one. The seriously, they had a rare chance to test the effects of radiation. He was probably is such a bad state physically, his brain was unable to register pain after about two weeks or so. His muscles were exposed, no skin, blood and bone marrow irradiated to the point of no return... Japan has a tendency to Unit 516 on anyone if you give them the option.
>>
>>32087852
>What effect would bombs with yields comparable to thermonuclear bombs with no harmful/long-lasting radioactive fallout do to MAD doctrine?

Nothing.
The main issue with Nuclear weapons that is the mass destruction of infrastructure over a very short period of time, not fallout.

>>32088003
You wish.
>>
>>32090255
I had seen that picture of this guy in the stretcher and always wondered if they really kept him alive, seeing as there's no way he wanted to live anymore being a legit ghoul, that blows pretty hard
>>
>>32091171
It's a euphemism, you boink.
>>
>>32087852
Nukes are deterrents because for once politicians and generals are the first ones to be hit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.