[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's say you have yourself a merry band of neckbands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0802.jpg (224KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.jpg
224KB, 800x600px
So let's say you have yourself a merry band of neckbands who are all in good physical shape (gym rats, rugby players and national guardsmen for my sake) you all have guns and some gear to match. What things could you train to do to to form a poor to ok "trained" fire team? For the record we just want to prepare for a mild happening sesh, IE become rooftop Korean tier disaster.
>>
This reply isn't to answer your question, but if I wanted to join a militia how would I go about it? I live in Georgia.
>>
File: FeelsInArmor.jpg (227KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
FeelsInArmor.jpg
227KB, 677x782px
Training. Training is more important than anything else. None of you are in decent physical condition most likely and you are exaggerating. This is why I will never join a militia as a former Marine with a couple deployments and a whole lot of experience...
>>
File: m240mtws375.jpg (31KB, 270x193px) Image search: [Google]
m240mtws375.jpg
31KB, 270x193px
With that said, get some money together and look for schools like this: http://www.valorridge.com/
>>
>>32085591
Why would you never join a militia as a former marine?
>>
>>32085528
Don't, that shit will put you on a list so fast it'll make your head spin. Just get to know some people that are pro fun and just practice with them to the point where you can count on them to back you up.
>>
>>32085655

what list
>>
At least three times a week work out together.

At least once a month go to the range together.

At least twice a month train tasks and drills.

Make sure to clean and check your equipment for defects before and after you use them.

Make sure everyone else does too.

Have someone take gunsmithing lessons tailored to your group's weapons of choice, he's now the "armorer".

Have someone collect money used only for the group's repairs, ammo, events, etc., he's now the "supply sgt".

Have someone take classes for casualty care. It's possible to take EMT courses without having to become an EMT, and sometimes possible to take army casualty care classes as a civilian. This person is now your "field medic".

Establish some not-super-cringey uniform. Something that could blend in with a crowd, but you guys could easily enough pick out. Helps build that "unit" mindset as well, so that's cool.

Have the medic guy take the classes again at least once a year. Maybe send the armorer on refreshers every now and then.

Never let that medic use anything that he hasn't specifically been trained on.

>>32085591
What this guy said. Train train train train. If something goes down, you're not going to be able to afford the time to think. Try your hardest to get to the point where it's all muscle memory.
>>
>>32085736
Also, establish a clear-cut line of leadership. It's never going to work if everyone thinks they should be in charge.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>32085717

The same kind of people who get put on No-fly lists. Potential domestic terrorist.

Militias are far too often turned into FBI / ATF honeypots. If they have a website or are well known in your area, odds are they've been infiltrated by agents of some alphabet agency who will inevitably act as agent provocateurs.

Just do what >>32085655 said. Better to have a small group of friends than a whole band of strangers.
>>
>>32085591
How important is physical fitness?

What type of physical fitness, specifically, should be trained for? Is endurance or strength more important?
>>
>>32085492

>Underfolders

Why, ever.

I'm in a group of shooters/SHTF-minded guys like you're talking about, we do a similar regiment to this...except for the working out.

>>32085736

But we shoot together once or twice a month. Several of the guys are rich and take classes across the US on a regular basis, then they come back and brain-dump it back to us and we'll practice whatever they learned and apply it to our shooting. Then we have "homework" once every couple weeks just to keep shooting. Most of the guys are dependable, maybe one or two that are still learning but we all started somewhere.

I don't take it too seriously, if I'm being honest, I just enjoy shooting and this is another outlet to do so and get training I otherwise wouldn't get. More fun than shooting at paper.
>>
>>32088086
Very. Start with little stuff. 3 - 4 sets of as many real push-ups with good form as you can a day, pull ups, planks, and start jogging and try to eventually get to the point where you can run 8 miles without dying
>>
>>32085528

Don't join a militia.

Don't join a militia.

Don't join a militia.

Virtually all of them are BATFE/FBI/USMS honeypots. Those that aren't are usually filled with the dregs of society.

Best thing you can do is compete in 3 gun/IDPA/USPSA circles and make friends.
>>
>>32085492
First aid?
>>
File: 20161122_221147-1.jpg (514KB, 2020x1377px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_221147-1.jpg
514KB, 2020x1377px
Sup fags.

I picked this up the other day for a song, but it needs some TLC.

It's a Davis Warner Infallible in 32acp.

Oddly, the internals are all rust free, as is the barrel.

Most of the corrosion is superficial, except for the area around the top of the barrel, where there is some pitting, mostly on the top rib.

Ill have a smith buddy check that before shooting, but 32 is a pretty anemic cartridge and the gun is built like a tank.

Im thinking about using naval jelly to clean it up and then cold bluing the entire thing.

what are your thoughts on that plan?
>>
>>32092442
derp, sorry OP, that was suppose to be its own thread
>>
On top of gear and training I would start volunteering around the community

If shit hits the fan it would probably be good to have connections around town.
Might be able to take shelter at a church where you helped feed the homeless or get supplies from families that you helped raise money for after they suffered a house fire.
Also if the town gets wind of your little militia they will know you and know you have only good intentions
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.