[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

590 bucks, ruger blackhawk convertible 357/9mm how'd I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 0505.jpg (15KB, 475x205px) Image search: [Google]
0505.jpg
15KB, 475x205px
590 bucks, ruger blackhawk convertible 357/9mm how'd I do? Also any revolver people out there know if there's any real difference between revolvers that have the cylinder come out for loading vs the ones with a door to load (other than load speed)?
>>
>>32084332
>any real difference between revolvers that have the cylinder come out for loading vs the ones with a door to load
if its got a loading gate theres a 99% chance is singleaction
>>
>>32084414
Does it affect durability or accuracy or anything like that? Very new to revolvers and ik that sometimes fewer moving parts is better
>>
File: Ruger Blackhawk.jpg (47KB, 777x582px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Blackhawk.jpg
47KB, 777x582px
>>32084332
>590 bucks, ruger blackhawk convertible 357/9mm how'd I do?
Could have done worse. Though I imagine the 9mm Luger cylinder was part of the price.
Thing oughta be real cheap to shoot with that.

>Also any revolver people out there know if there's any real difference between revolvers that have the cylinder come out for loading vs the ones with a door to load
Revolvers with fixed cylinders and loading gates are typically single-action only (though not always), if they look like cowboy guns, you can safely assume they're single-action only.

Though the original old Colts weren't known to be the most durable things ever (ask Elmer Keith), Ruger revolvers (most of their revolvers, really) are generally very solidly built, the Blackhawk line being one of the very first revolvers in .44 Magnum, so you can shoot some really fucking hot loads in these with no sweat, if you're into handloading you've got a lot of possibilities ahead of you.

>>32084434
Well, less parts means less things to go wrong, though it also often means a less advanced weapon, a single-shot shotgun is generally near impossible to break, but it's also a very basic and humble kind of weapon with limited use.
The Blackhawk isn't a HighSpeed/LowDrag kind of operator weapon, but that's also not the point, the Blackhawk is good for what it intends to be.

For accuracy, more often than not, it comes down to the user, just practice and git gud I suppose, with the 9mm cylinder you should be able to practice a lot for your money.
I recommend shooting at old tin-cans and shit, very cathartic to see the bullets rip through them and/or send them flying (do clean up after yourself if you do this on a public range).

Overall I'd say you've made a pretty good purchase.
>>
>>32084332
French Manhurin owner here. Be advised that revolvers that can shoot both 9x19 and .357 acasually have a slightly tighter barrel. .357 is going to have more "pressure" than usual.

Also, if you reload, try using 9mm bullets in the .357 case. It's fun, and negates the previous statement
>>
>>32084606
Actually*
>>
File: BH.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
BH.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>32084332
i like mine. had it for about 10 years. 9mm still feels a little weird out of it but its one of my favorite (out of ~50) that i own.
>>
>>32084555
Thanks man, I got it cuz I loved the idea of interchangeable calibers in a revolver. Cheap rounds was icing
>>
>>32084642
Good to know. Thing is sexy as all hell. Glad I made a good choice. Any others you'd recommend from your collection?
>>
While this thread is going, anyone know of a double action .22lr revolver? I'm aware that they're usually single because of the extra force you need for rimfire, but I'm looking for something in .22 that isn't loaded through a gate. Hvent seen anything in .22 that has the cylinder drop out to the side, not even certain what my search terms should be to find something like that
>>
File: SP101 .22LR.jpg (300KB, 1600x888px) Image search: [Google]
SP101 .22LR.jpg
300KB, 1600x888px
>>32084951
Ruger SP101 is available in .22LR

It's a bit chunky for it's caliber, and the trigger is a bit stiff (because rimfire), but it does make up for it's bulk and weight with a 9 round cylinder.
>>
>>32085084
Ooh. Mustve missed that when I was looking earlier. Thanks
>>
>>32084951
Got you covered bro:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-43-c if you need a snub

http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-317-kit-gun if you want a nice mid-size one

http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-17-masterpiece if you want the best .22 DA that money can buy
>>
File: H&R 999 Sportsman .22LR.jpg (96KB, 549x402px) Image search: [Google]
H&R 999 Sportsman .22LR.jpg
96KB, 549x402px
>>32085120
If you want something a bit old fashioned, you can also look for an old H&R 999 Sportsman, it's basically like an old Webley revolver but in .22LR, also has a 9 round cylinder.
>>
>>32085084
There is a Ruger LCR that also comes in 22lr, 8 round cylinder.
>>
>>32085143
Thanks m8.

>>32085152
>top break
It's beautiful anon
>>
File: itbegins.jpg (955KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
itbegins.jpg
955KB, 2272x1704px
>>32084332
>how'd I do?
cool gun for a common price

i have the same convertible model
>>
>>32086083
How do you like it?
>>
>>32086083
>Magtech
Might as well be shooting blackpowder, baka
>>
>>32086365
wat
>>
>>32086482
he's making a joke about the ammo being dirty af.
>>
>>32086187
love it
planning to replace the grip panels & polish the internals...cheap .38spec & 9mm shootin

>>32086365
>>32086482
yup, it be filthy
>>
>>32085143
God damn. If only that Model 17 masterpiece wasn't 1k. I love the look of it, and really want a DA .22 that doesn't load through that retarded gate, but shit son.
>>
>>32086482
Magtech is filthy for being smokeless ammo.
I hear the domestic production in Brazil is even worse though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.