[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ahoy lads! I'm doing mod on Warband about Russian Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1042067651.jpg (41KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1042067651.jpg
41KB, 768x768px
Ahoy lads! I'm doing mod on Warband about Russian Campaign in 1812. At least half of the mod is finished, so I started to translate him in English. So I have some questions.
1. How to call this weapon? "shpaga, epee, smallsword" etc
2. What is the survivability of a man after being hit from a musket/pistol?
3. Did the French replenishment by french troops in the Russia?

I will bump the thread 10 times and roll to the /his.
>>
4. Did the troopers use gloves in the battles?
>>
>>32081906
for the first one its called a rapier
>>
>>32081906
Ill bump you friend
>>
>>32081906
1. Smallsword or sidesword
2. Very poor.
3. What?
4. Not really part of the uniform
>>
>>32081950
But there is another sword called rapier
>>
>>32081906
many musket balls were made of lead or pewter so if you survived the shot initially you'll likely die of either blood loss, lead poisoning or infection
>>
>>32081968
For the third, I mean "Did the French received reinforcements of the French (that's French, not allied) troops while in Russia?
Thanks for answers.
>>
>>32081969
That looks more like a broadsword or a backsqord depening on if the back is sharp. If it isnt it's a backsword. /tg/ might help you out more on this.
>>
>>32082008
There is M&B thread in tg :(
>>
>>32082030
I mean "there is no"
fastfix
>>
/tg/ here
In spite of the fancy guard, that seems to be a thick, heavy sword. It would likely be longer than the picture shows. Given your time period, I would focus on rifles for infantry and sabres for cavalry. Cavalry sabres are going to be the most common blade you might see on the field at that time. As a melee option for infantry, let them take a small thrusting dagger. It would be rare to see a anything like a rapier or epee wielded by a French or Russian soldier in combat in 1812.

/k/ knows more about it, but the likelihood of surviving musket shot is initially very low... depends on where you get it but anywhere near center mass you're probably done for within minutes or immediately.
>>
>>32081906
1.) Absolutely a rapier. If you wanna get into semantics you could call it a sidesword (or even a smallsword, depending), but desu even the people who wrote about this when they were being used couldn't keep this shit straight. Use any term you want. Hell, just call it 'sword' and anyone who cares can fill in the blanks.

3.) Not to my knowledge. The Grande Armée was just kind of a massive lump sum of Frenchmen.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.