[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ I got a shitty rock island 1911 that I've been wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ACRI191101.jpg (42KB, 800x779px) Image search: [Google]
ACRI191101.jpg
42KB, 800x779px
Sup /k/ I got a shitty rock island 1911 that I've been wondering if it would cycle holopoints without feed issues so I loaded up a mag full of speer gold dots and racked the slide till the mag was empty and had no hang ups. Can I rely on that bitch till I test it out on the range?
>>
how does it feel when you rake the slide is it smooth or does it feel like its full of sand and if you shake it does it rattle or is it tight
>>
>>32080297
i have on thats why i ask they can sometimes come way to tight and they parkerize the slide rails making it gritty when you pull the slide back
>>
>>32080093
RIAs are generally known to be dependable, yes.
>>
>>32080856

This, never owned one but I've heard nothing but good things from people who have for years both here and irl. I believe they have a lifetime warranty too
>>
>>32080093
There's nothing shitty about a RIA, they're just inexpensive. Do the pencil test to make sure your first shot at least will go off, you really won't know how reliable the gun is until you shoot it though. They often need different springs, for example.
>>
>>32080093
>not getting a 1911 by colt.....
I feel for you man, but you done fucked up
>>
RIA owner here. Compact size. I just recently bought mine, only having put under-200 rounds through it. I already love it though. I'm getting acceptable accuracy is far, with any major errors being most likely from me. It's a great starter gun, something to practice field stripping, cleaning, etc. Haven't fired HP down it yet, but did find with wadcutters for what it's worth.
>>
Just use FMJ until you can test out the ammo.
>>
>>32080093
Its good to go.

Only negatives ive seen with my buddies, was the recoil spring being a bit heavier than my colts, and the slide stop needing to be smoothed out because it was a bit oversized for the hole.

Fyi the maximum you should upgrade the gun with is whatever drop in parts wilson combat sells. If you upgrade more than the trigger, msh, hammer, and grip safety, you might as well have just saved all that money and got a colt for 700$
>>
>>32080297
slide tightness is a myth
>>
>>32080093
>holopoints
Is this what you shoot holograms with?
>>
>>32080093
you cant. racking it and shooting it are not the same. stick with fmj until you vet the ammo and the mags. at least1 full mag of your carry ammo through the gun.
>>
>>32082227
no, you shoot at things with the holograms
>>
File: 142964555.jpg (19KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
142964555.jpg
19KB, 620x350px
>>32082261
Oh, I thought they may be for killing the second coming of Tupac?
>>
>>32080856

This. My Citadel even eats shifty soft lead reloads I make.
>>
>>32081033

Colt fan boys are still a thing?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.