[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Japanese had not surrendered in WW2, how long would total

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: hiroshima.jpg (216KB, 1318x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hiroshima.jpg
216KB, 1318x1000px
If the Japanese had not surrendered in WW2, how long would total nuclear annihilation have taken?
>>
The plan was to invade. We had no more nukes.
>>
>>32079365
Couldn't we make more? What about napalm annihilation?
>>
>>32079365
>>32079373
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Scroll down to the part about nukes.
>>
By the time America had made more nukes, the naval blockade along with intensified conventional bombing from new bases in Okinawa with bombers shifted from European theatre would have probably reduced every urban centre of the Japanese home islands to ruins, and the population to the brink of starvation.

An invasion wouldn't be easy, but the Japanese would struggle to fight as a conventional force under those circumstances.
>>
There was a nuclear invasion plan that I believe LeMay had imagined where an invasion force landing from southern japan would be flaked by nuclear bombing on each side to prevent counter attack and secure easy occupation.

Shit is crazy
>>
File: 1440137577106.jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1440137577106.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>>32079388
>6 million Americans and Brits invading
>35 million Japanese defenders
>>
>>32079315
If they didn't accepted surrender after the nukes, we'd be invading. The end result would have been "Paraguay 2: Ethnic Cleansing" thanks to the Japanese Government including every available civillian that can fight to be part of suicide (As in ill equipped) paramilitary forces.
>>
File: nam fall.jpg (1MB, 3678x2638px) Image search: [Google]
nam fall.jpg
1MB, 3678x2638px
If the US had not surrendered in Vietnam, how long would total control of South Vietnam by the VC have taken?
>>
>>32079365
fun fact: purple hearts issued today still come from the stockpile that was made in preparation for the invasion of japan. Should have enough left for decades, too.
>>
>>32079315
The Russians declared war on Japan shortly aftet the second bomb fell. The US was out of nukes, if the Russians had Japan not surrendered and the Russians invaded Japan would probably have gone communist.
>>
>>32080224
It wouldn't have happened, the VC didn't beat us in any military sense. We just got bored, realized that there was no profit margin in continuing to fight this war, and went home.
>>
>>32080225
>posted every single day on reddit's TIL
>>
>>32080244
>"waahh, we don't want to play anymore, it's a stupid game anyway"
>>
File: 1444443129809.jpg (52KB, 486x309px) Image search: [Google]
1444443129809.jpg
52KB, 486x309px
>>32080244
>americans actually believe this
>>
>>32080217
I wonder how much resistance people would have been willing to put up though, especially in urban areas which had already been devastated by bombing.
>>
>>32080224

Fun fact, Nixon bombed North Vietnam until they agreed to finally sign a peace treaty. Known as the Paris Peace Accords.

We then pledged military support and logistics to South Vietnam, in case the North attacked again.

Then Nixon got impeached, the democrats took control of congress, and broke all our promises.

The North then realized they could do whatever they wanted, and basically just walked into South Vietnam.
>>
>>32080250
>going on reddit
>>
>>32083398
If you don't mind anon, I'm going to add to that.

When the Democrats took over congress they cut aid to SV from the Hundreds of Millions down to 12-19 million.

The Economy in South Vietnam crashed as the Americans left and then OPEC put a oil embargo on them as well.

when the North invaded the Souths advantage in armor and planes was negated because they didn't have enough fuel to operate almost any of it.
>>
>>32080264
>>32081356
Anon is right. The US lost Vietnam politically, not militarily. The political will was absolutely not there to continue the war.
>>
>>32080224
I know I'm going to be mocked by millenial armchair generals an cyber war historians but my uncle was a VC officer and they said after operation rolling thunder, that if the Americans pushed north, they would have folded.
>>
>>32080244

>got bored

Yeah, nah, we got cucked by Liberals.
>>
>>32084269
>stabbed in the back by liberals back home
Where have I heard that before?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.