[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Chinks put up such weak resistance against the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Why did the Chinks put up such weak resistance against the Japs in WW2?
>>
chinks can't war
>>
>>32079107
Why not? They had plenty of manpower and guns.
>>
>>32079098
Because they were invaded while in middle of a civil war
>>
>>32079144
They had one guy that knew how to fight, and he died millenia ago.
>>
They were weakened from civil war IIRC
>>
>>32079098
They were in the middle of a civil war.
>>
File: 800px-Germans_to_the_front.jpg (94KB, 800x442px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Germans_to_the_front.jpg
94KB, 800x442px
>>32079149

this....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion
British Empire British Empire
Russia
France
Empire of Japan
German Empire
United States
Austria-Hungary
Italy
Netherlands

These guys kicked chinas butt 24/7
>>
>>32079098
Cause Chiang Kai-shek was a retard
>>
File: 1296462868048.jpg (15KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1296462868048.jpg
15KB, 221x246px
>>32079098
IJA was a much more modern military force and didn't have to deal with being surrounded by powers ranging from "untrustworthy but disinterested" to "will stab you in the back at the first opportunity".
>>
>>32079193

isn't it funny that if all industrial nations work together there is nothing to stop them?
Shame these guys could'nt learn to work together from then on.
>>
Civil war plus not a modern nation... even sub-modern sub-human Japs could just stab 'em all with their crazy bayonet/swords. Fuck.
>>
>>32079098
What the fuck am I looking at? A stick in a dead sideways vagina?
>>
>>32079098
>Be Japan
>Go from sword wielding savages to having a Navy that can challenge America's and industrialize in around 50 years

>Be China
>Lose Korea to Japan
>Extremely butthurt, end up fighting each other
>Britain sank your navy as a prank
>After killing each other Japan decides it's round 2
>SHET
>>
>>32079224
Once again, China is the odd man out and fucking everything up for the rest of us, only this time in space. The whole reason we don't let them participate with the ISS is that they'd fucking steal everything that wasn't bolted down.
>>
>>
>>32079361
China and Korea's traditional ways
>>
File: 1352248056203.jpg (311KB, 1320x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1352248056203.jpg
311KB, 1320x1656px
>>32079098
China was pretty divided back then. From 1911 to the start of hostilities with the Japanese, there had been a state of pretty much constant political infighting and occasional civil strife. These conditions didn't lend well to modernisation efforts that China was in dire need of. Bear in mind that Japan, by comparison, had been modernising with remarkable efficiency since the 1860s.

Chiang Kai-shek barely held the KMT together, and was constantly antagonistic towards the communists, a conflict he should have shelved until later.

Also the Japanese Army had pretty much free rein in deciding their own goals and tactics (much to the shock of the civilian government in Tokyo), which meant that they really didn't mess about.
>>
>>32079982
>China was pretty divided back then

China is not nation. the field.
india can be the named China
>>
>>32079985
>Republic of China
>not China
>is a field
u wot m8?
>>
>>32080006
China is the word same as Europe(Not Germany,France) and America(Not the u.s.)

people in China(known as Chinese) changes the meaning by situation
>>
>>32080021
Sure, China was an empire.

But it is has been a unitary political entity for a long time. The boundaries and those considered subjects has changed many times, but in the context of the time period we are discussing, there was such a thing as China, and it was divided.

Also China is not a continent like Europe or America
>>
>>32080080
Mongol Empire is Chinese empire sure
>>
>>32080086
No, but the Mongol Yuan dynasty did rule the political entity of China.
>>
>>32080108
>No
why did you hesitate for minutes before saying "No",Chinaman?
>>
>>32080116
Because I'm hovering round other threads as well.

Also, I'm not Chinese.
>>
>>32080124
>Also, I'm not Chinese.

This is your correct answer
>I'm not nationally chinese (PRC), but ethnically chinese (Han), nationally Singaporean

who are you?
>>
>>32080129
No, as in I'm not from China, nor am I descended from any of the ethnic groups from there.

I'm not a Mongoloid, you fucking Mong.
>>
>>32080086
>>32080116
>>32080129
Autism
>>
>>32079098
Because they learned it from generations of oppression.
Whether it was opium or the east india company, they got rekt for centuries.
Kinda hard to fight if you both don't know how to and don't have the means to
>>
>>32081318
There was definitely a desire to modernise the armed forces, but it was slow and severely limited by factionalism and corruption.

What modernised divisions China did have, didn't survive contact with the Japanese for very long. They made a good account of themselves in Shanghai, but they simply didn't have the numbers or logistical support .

However, the Chinese were never completely rolled up, they clung on to resistance and made a considerable nuisance of themselves by tying down a lot of Japanese forces.
>>
China was Africa-tier back in the 1930's. They were fighting not only Japanese but also Communists/Maoists, Islamic separatists in Turkestan, and even some Anarchists.
>>
>>32079098
>Why did mostly rural peasant farmers do so poorly against a modernized industrialized national army?
Gee professor, I can't figure it out.
>>
>>32079985
Wew lad
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.