[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they worth it? Gonna save up for about a year or so and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Draco.png (258KB, 580x542px) Image search: [Google]
Draco.png
258KB, 580x542px
Are they worth it?
Gonna save up for about a year or so and get a 75 round drum magazine, as many bullets as I can, and a few other accessories.
>>
File: 004.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (518KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
518KB, 900x672px
>Flecktarded

>>32076041
depends on if its 1/6.86" twist or just a chopped 16" barrel.
Looks like Cugir finally figured out they could make a killing on AK pistols since Serbshit proved to be next to useless
>>
>>32076041
Yugo guns suck. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, I know they're cheap and seem cool but they're among the worst AKs.

I had the PAP pistol for a few months and it was comically heavy and out of spec. Most mags didn't seat properly or fit in the mag well at all... even yugo mags and it's a yugo gun. The only ones that fit were Korean mags, maybe some other specific metal ones would fit but you absolutely can't run polymer mags. The finish was terrible, inside and out. The action seemed gritty and that's just because the metal was so horribly machined. The wood... it seems like it's made of old broom handles. Shit wasn't even finished. Same story with the ones that have stocks, they can't even make them to spec even though that's not a difficult feat. No, lets stick a fucking huge wobbly screw through and old floorboard...

I may be being unfair because the only thing I had to compare it to was my saiga. But I've inspected parts kit AKs and WASRs that seemed far more decent in quality.

If I were you I'd get a Draco or wait until saigas start coming in again. If they get back down to $300 you can SBR one and it'll cost as much as the serbshit PAP.
>>
>>32076147
>Flecktarded
What?

>Cugir
The one I was looking at is made by Atlantic I think.
>>
>>32076147
>>32076169
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/ak-47-assault-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

This is the one I was looking at.
>>
>>32076169
Disregard I thought it was a PAP and not a Draco. They run fine, still low-mid quality though. I'd still wait for saigas to come back though. Who knows what the Russians are cooking up for import once Trump lifts the ban.
>>
>>32076174
Atlantic is the reseller, Century Arms is the importer, Cugir is the actual maker in Romania.
>>
>>32076196
>Sale
>$539

Do they not know who's taking office? Milking every last drop out of Obama's presidency I see.
>>
>>32076197
>PAP
It's a Draco, for some brands I imagine it's in the same situation as how you were describing the PAP.

They are pretty cheap which is why I am thinking of getting one.

>>32076227
Are you saying that they are going to get cheaper when Trump officially becomes president?

I am gonna wait a few months or so, hopefully I can get it for cheap.

>>32076217
Is Cugir the manufacturer of that specific Draco?
>>
>>32076196
>This is the one I was looking at.
ask what the barrel twist rate is....

I'd wait and see what KalashnikovConcern pulls out their ass once the TrumpTrain rolls in, but if you got the AK itch, then go for it pending barrel twist rate
>>
>>32076147
What's so bad about serbshit? I really wanted an m92...
>>
>>32076259
I can wait mate, I am in no hurry at all, especially if I can get a better deal for a better weapon.

>ask what the barrel twist rate is
Will do. What would be a good rate? I don't know anything about that.
>>
I though the M92 was better than the draco
>>
>>32076297
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/zastava-pap-m92-pv-pistol-hg3089-n-detail.html?Itemid=0

Pretty much the same price as well.
>>
>>32076253
Cugir makes all the Romanian shit that Century and Atlantic resell. It's their big arms plant, akin to what Tula and Izhevsk are to Russia.
>>
>>32076273
>What's so bad about serbshit?
Its called serbshit for a reason.

>>32076285
>What would be a good rate?
1/6.86" is what is necessary to stabilize 7.62x39 in a <16" barrel. If they say its 1/9" then pass.
>>
>>32076253
Good AKs (saigas) were around $170 before obama took office. The price shot up to around $310 just because they could. Then after the sandy hook thing they shot up to $1000 and have been around there ever since. Arsenals have always been around 700-1000, I'm not really sure wtf they thought they were doing. I guess since ARs cost that much back then they were trying to make a Gucci AK to appear to ARfags.

Anyway, yes imports will be cheap as fuck again. Foreign suppliers want to move their products and will price competitively. Izhmash didn't have a problem importing saigas for $180 8 years ago, cugir didn't have a problem with selling WASRs for $200, the only thing that changed for the past 8 years was the type of demand. People WOULD pay a grand because they thought obama shock troops were coming to take everything. Now what reason would they have to charge ridiculous prices? ($600 for an AK built by Yugoslavian cavemen who work for $2 a day is ridiculous)
>>
>>32076337
Are they a bad brand?

>>32076366
Got it, thanks mate.

>>32076373
True, gonna wait then. Hopefully they go back to old prices, because honestly $170 is cheap as fuck!
>>
>>32076366
>no argument
I asked specifically what's wrong with the m92 you pedantic faggot. Not MUH SERBSHIT for an answer.
>>
>>32076422
I got mine when they were $315 and still make kiddos on AK threads rage with disbelief. To people relatively new to the gun scene (not so new I guess because this shit has been going on for nearly a decade) it seems like these prices are normal. They're not at all. Not quite 2013 levels of ridiculousness, but the fact that .22 is still 5-10x the price, yeah nope. The last thing I want to do is contribute that jewry. If we all refused to buy unfairly priced stuff the prices would come down, and without the constant panic that's going to happen naturally.
>>
>>32076469
True. Man I think shit is really gonna change with Trump, I am certain what you are saying is true, hopefully. If AKs drop to $300 best believe I am going to get a few.

>>32076471
This is a blue board faggot.
>>
>>32076422
hes exaggerating saigas were 150 for the first import batch. then they were roughly 300 right after that. since the cheap ones sold out instantly. they stayed in the 275-350 range. sandy hook bumped it to 450 then obamas sanctions murdered supply and price skyrocketed
if they comeback 300 will be the lowest

saiga 12s started at 150 and immediatly ended up at 500+ when they restocked then 700
>>
>>32076534
Those batches came in during king nig's presidency. For the longest time, even during obabos early reign they were 170-189. That must have been one big ass batch because that lasted about 4-5 years. The 12's were always more because of the demand, they blew every other shotgun out of the water and still do.
>>
>>32076041
No, they're fucking dumb unless you SBR it
>>
>>32076468
It's because the only thing neckbeards on /k/ hate about them is the high comb stock on the rifles and the lack muh chrome line

OPAPs are regarded as well built and a perfectly fine AKM.
NPAPs mostly the early one have a bad rep due to being imported with single stack bolts and magwells, century "fixed" these problems leading to fail to feeds and mags not fitting properly.

The same fags that say that Yugos suck due to the early ones(mainly Centuries fuckery) will always recommend a WASR while forgetting how shit WASRs were when they hit the market.

I'm sure I will get told how wrong I am in a series of hateful meme filled responses using one off examples where a Yugo failed but hey this is 4chan, it's the nature of the beast.
>>
>>32076526
Didn't know whales were considered NSFW. speaking of which, who gives a flying fuck? You shouldn't be browsing /k/ at work anyway, you will prolly get fired in the name of 'office safety', oh I mean 'lay-offs'
>>
>>32076625
Just compare the overall quality to a saiga or arsenal. It should be pretty clear. As far as performance goes, they're probably only a little more prone to parts breakage. It's still an AK so it doesn't take much to get it to just werk. They're definitely less accurate and the lack of parts interchangeability/aftermarket sickens me.
>>
File: WatchThemGoCrazy.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WatchThemGoCrazy.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>32076471
guys
>>
>>32076659
b-but according to the memes Arsenal is shit too

I would put my OPAP head to head with my SLR any day of the week. I even find my OPAP slightly more accurate.
Now I don't own a newer Arsenal but mine is pushing 20 years old and is still sturdy as new. I've shot my OPAP more and also use it as my innawoods gun so it will be fun to see how it holds up at the same age.

You have to remember these are civilian rifles they're made for range trips and so not to be abused and neglected. If you take proper care of it, it will likely last as long as you. So your average shooter or AK guy will never experience one of the failures seen in torture test vids on youtube

Also
>lack of aftermarket
Rifle is fine
>>
>>32076625
I figured that was the case. I have a SAM7 and the lack of chrome doesn't bother me since I live in a dry region and don't shoot corrosive.

>>32076659
They're also half the price of an Arsenal or Saiga. Looks like I'm getting an m92.
>>
>>32076534
>>32076584
For 300 they are still a great value.

>>32076656
It's still against the rules anon.

>>32076601
>SBR
Sorry but I don't know what that is.
>>
>>32076829
Short Barrel Rifle
>>
File: 1449439728162.jpg (19KB, 300x194px)
1449439728162.jpg
19KB, 300x194px
>>32076744
holy living fuck

I know this isn't /r/ but what movie is that from?
>>
>>32076856
Oh. Aren't they already SBR though?
>>
>>32076856
No since they don't have a buttstock

SBR is a rifle with a barrel less than 16"

It's really stupid how the whole NFA thing works
>>
>>32076775
Arsenal is shit because it's overpriced and partly American made. The handguards are American and they melt, as does the paint.

Serbshit on the other hand doesn't even have paint.
>>
>>32076041
>using drum mags ever

I thought 60 round ak mags were a thing.

don't want to ruin that aesthetic, unless drum mags are your thing of course,

But wouldn't you need to change your reloading technique for drills?
>>
>>32076956
Drum mags are pretty fucking bad ass, imagine dumping 60+ rounds on an intruder.

>But wouldn't you need to change your reloading technique for drills?
Don't even have one, but I guess. I am gonna have regular mags but the drum mag would be for novelty, and occasional use.
>>
File: 1479497609821.jpg (143KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
1479497609821.jpg
143KB, 570x760px
I own an ol' Arsenal Sammy, a Wait a, a Draco and an M92 PAP.

The M92 PAP (which is SBR) is absolutely my most favorite to shoot. Built like a mule and made specifically for removing kebab. I love it.
>>
>>32077185

A Saiga**, wtf
>>
>>32077185
I have a massive boner right now for an m92 as a 4x4/hiking gun. Also plan to get the krink flash hider.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.