[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How retarded is the concept of bugging out? Like, in an extraordinary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ARX100_3QT_L_BOTTOM.jpg (30KB, 840x377px) Image search: [Google]
ARX100_3QT_L_BOTTOM.jpg
30KB, 840x377px
How retarded is the concept of bugging out? Like, in an extraordinary condition like a hurricane, tornado or whatever is understandable, but don;t fucking lie and say that most "preppers" are preparing for natural disasters.

also thoughts on the ARX?
>>
"bugging out" is great if you can get out before the crowds, have a final destination, and dont have anything to look after like a business, multiple properties, or things that make it more difficult to bug out with like large cattle or something.

Having said that, do what you want, i live in a very urban area that almost meets the mega-city criteria. If im not able to leave before the rest of the city does, i dont leave. Tried that before and spent 6 hours on the interstate to move 45 miles.
better to stay home.
>>
>>32072538
its more of a hobby, and it also feels good man knowing that you have a cozy bunker to chill in if shit ever goes south, but mostly its just for feeling safe.
>>
I always thought bugging out was kind of dumb. If it's gotten so bad that you're leaving all your shit and living out of a bag, what makes you think the other thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions of people won't do the same?

Wherever you're bugging out to is just going to turn into a giant refugee camp.
>>
>>32072538
The worst enemy in an apocalypse is other people. You need a secure location far away from them. Preferably your house. But if you can't get a house in a good location, then bug out will work too.
>>
there's a ton of reasons why I could use a kit that allows me to be outdoors for a litte while, it doesn't even have to be a big catastrophe, but a lot of bug out bag skeptics misunderstand that we're gonna but out in every scenario and for no good reason at all.

It's just one option that you create for yourself, it's not your one and only survival tactic.
>>
>>32072538
As a Floridian it's a fun diversion of a hobby that can also come in handy when a hurricane buttfucks your town. It's something you should be preparing for regardless if you're smart and you just find a way to make it fun.
>>
>>32072538
Finger fucked one at cabelas. Was impressed.
Felt sturdy but was also light as a feather.
>>
Abandoning your society in a time of crisis sounds counterproductive.
>>
>>32072538
Extraordinarily. Living a subsistence lifestyle innawoods based on hunting and foraging is a death sentence to the average suburbanite, and is basically impossible if you have any kids.
>>
Depends really on the circumstances. METT TC and all that
>>
>>32072538
ARX is pretty light. Kinda bulky, but not horribly so. Biggest complaint is the stock. I swear it's made for midgets. With an m4 4 position stock, I'm good at #2 and perfect with #3. With the ARX, I have to fully extended the stock for it to be okay. Another complaint are the absolutely shit tier irons. But those can be changed easily.trigger is okay. Not the greatest, but not the best. No take up, but is a little on the heavy side.
>>
>>32075602
If you can pick one up for 1300-1400 then I'd say okay, but otherwise, for the price, the CZ 805 is a MUCH better choice. Hands down. And there's maybe a $30-$50 difference in price between the two.
>>
>>32075510

This, humans only survived by hunting/gathering when there were 1,000x fewer of us and orders of magnitude more wild animals to hunt. Stupid ones like migratory buffalo and reindeer that you could just walk up to and throw spears at until they died.

People who fantasize about that shit now forget that we have spent thousands of years decimating the earth and there are waaaaaaaaaaaay more people now than there used to be.
>>
File: ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png (40KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
ACR_menu_icon_MW2.png
40KB, 300x152px
what went wrong?
>>
>>32075649
>Bushmaster
>>
>>32075649
I wish they would relaunch it with the conversion kits and a 1/7 barrel.
>>
>>32075510

Not to mention there's going to be competition if subsistence hunting is now a requirement.

There aint a whole lot of land that isn't already owned by someone (who are going to rightly fucking shoot at you.) and what is, has a fuckton of people all doing the same thing as you in the same area.

How much you want to bet that after everyone has gone hungry for a few days, you might not just be shot at over food, you might BE the food?

I'm going to fucking stay home with a few friends and a shitload of food and ammo, thanks.
>>
>>32075649
Remington being Remington and got their dick beaters on it and fucked it to death.

Luckily F.B. Radom took it and fixed everything Remington did to it.
>>
File: Nothin personal kid.jpg (88KB, 597x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nothin personal kid.jpg
88KB, 597x960px
>>32072538
With trump voted in the concept of bugging out is something that we should all be taking seriously, because when the war with Russia starts people won't have long to get to the woods.
>>
>>32072538
Bugging in is the preferred option because you should have all your shit in relative safety. Most people don't have the luxury of a secure destination that is stocked for a SHTF.
Also, by the time its time to bug out, a couple million people already had the same idea...so you're gridlocked. So you have to leave well before everyone else.

ARX- great concept. Clunky design. Decent price (now). Shit iron sites. Released it way too late because they hype died down.

>>32075649
>sold it to bushmaster
>bushmaster monkeyfucked it
>promised low original and doubled the price
>proceeded to give up and do nothing of what was promised.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.