[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which african nations could wage an actual war against each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1473016646908.png (446KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
1473016646908.png
446KB, 761x563px
Which african nations could wage an actual war against each other and not that tribal warfare shit?
>>
File: 323245308.jpg (60KB, 604x377px) Image search: [Google]
323245308.jpg
60KB, 604x377px
>>32071026
South Africa to get Namibia back, also North African nations like Egypt
>>
>>32071045

Uhm, only subsahara nations. What about Ethiopia?
>>
File: 1479216581580.jpg (26KB, 313x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479216581580.jpg
26KB, 313x400px
>>32071074

None. Most would be capable of maybe an initial attack with a organized military force but they couldn't keep it up long without the support of irregulars.
>>
Chad.

You'll get Toyota'd to death, and they actually get their shit together when it comes to fight Libuans
>>
/r/ing the cap about the Rwandan paratroopers
>>
>>32071152
To be fair Libyans were/are absolute shit at warfare.
>>32071175
I don't have it, but after reading more on the Congo Wars I have a newfound respect for the Rwandan military. They get shit done.
>>
tribal warfare is fucking cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BzqwOBneC4&t=537s

not in africa but seriously i'd go and throw some spears, it would be fun as fuck
>>
>The Ethiopian-Eritrean war is more like the Franco-Prussian War, or even the Western Front in 1914. These are two countries fully supplied with the best of mid-20th-c. Soviet weaponry, and smart enough to keep it running. And use it. And boy, have they used it! They’ve had Verduns, Stalingrads, Marnes down there — and nobody even notices!

http://exiledonline.com/its-d-day-in-zalambessa/
>>
>>32071801
Yeah, Ethiopia is some serious shit in north Africa

Libya is kind of funny lately though...
http://www.news.com.au/world/africa/tribal-war-erupts-in-southern-libya-after-monkey-attack-on-schoolgirl/news-story/143bdab60f6e6d3b54e94854cc0cea77
>>
>>32071074
ethiopia had a war with somalia in the 1970s then even used tanks and jets.

zimbabwe had a well euipped army that it inherited from rhodeisa (the lost it in first congo war)

theres always south africa.
and nigeria has a semi decent army.
>>
WE
>>
>>32073939
WUZ
>>
File: vzweer1.jpg (56KB, 530x330px) Image search: [Google]
vzweer1.jpg
56KB, 530x330px
Algeria is pretty potent IIRC, they're experienced after a decade of civil war in the 90s and are armed quite heavily, T-90A and AMs, updated T-72s, Super Hinds, BMP-3s, Su-24s, Su-30s...

>inb4 slavshit
Well, modern slavshit beats old slavshit (T-55s, MiG-21s etc) every time.

Uganda has potent weaponry, Angola as well, but I doubt they'd use it efficiently.

The second Congo War has to count some efficient actions that weren't performed by European/American/ex-Soviet mercs, somewhere.

And as said, there's Ethiopia which is quite potent, and heavily armed.

But none of them could equal, in terms of troop quality, Rhodesia or pre-1990 South Africa.
>>
File: 1465711178112.jpg (781KB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
1465711178112.jpg
781KB, 1280x4079px
>>32071801
Very good read, thanks anon
>>
>>32071026
Uganda and Kenya without a doubt. Maybe Rwanda.
>>
>>32073831
Fun fact: Both sides used Soviet hardware, both sides had Soviet advisors, and the advisors on both sides had to pretend they didn't know what the advisors on the other side were doing.
>>
>>32074075
KANGZ N SHEEEEEIIIIT
>>
>>32074154
-Mr. adviser, this path of advance looks good for this mechanized battalion?
-Oh uh, yeah great, say you know what is the best, engineering detachments.
-Why's that mr. adviser, our scouts said that route was open.
-Uh y'know sometimes things come up eheh like that one mine, I MEAN TIME, a few days ago.
>>
Sadly, very unlikely today OP.

Excluding North Africa, the largest and most powerful militaries on the continent can roughly be listed as such:

South Africa
Nigeria
Ethiopia
Kenya
Angola
Uganda
Tanzania

Organized, modern warfare has a long and storied history in Africa, as I'm sure you've already read. The issue is, many of the conditions that brought wars like that about no longer exist. First of which, the Cold War. Gone are the days of Soviet, American, Cuban or Afrikaner spooks running about the continent, throwing tanks, missiles, and Hinds left and right to whatever big man will toe their political line. In the 21st century, it's significantly harder to bury things like Cuito Cuanavale or Ogaden. International law cuts deeper and hits harder, despite the shit the UN appropriately gets. So for the average African state, say, Nigeria, having a squadron of MiGs of F-16s dropped into your lap simply doesn't happen any more.

So, why not buy the toys, you might ask? While the arms business is far more open than it was in the Cold War, you return to the fact that the bang/buck payoff grid doesn't work out well in terms of African warfare. Multimillion-dollar fighter bombers and tanks are financial black holes, better filled in by barely-trained conscripts and ancient Hinds that will do the same job at far less of a cost. And that's assuming you can afford the toys or the war in the first place. More likely than not, the money is already stolen by politicians and officers alike before it ever gets to procurement committees. With extremely-fucked tax bases to begin with, a modern war that goes beyond internecine raids and blitzes becomes a losing proposition.

There are plenty of other reasons, like coup countermeasures, shitty military leadership, and a "live and let live" attitude between African elites, but they all really pan out to the same thing. It's cheaper economically, politically, and demographically these days to avoid warfare beyond a truck and a gun.
>>
File: k wants cookies.jpg (229KB, 560x408px) Image search: [Google]
k wants cookies.jpg
229KB, 560x408px
>>32074525

forgot pic
>>
>>32074525
Thx anon
>>
>>32074613

I mean, it IS Africa, so take any professional or internet advice for what it's worth.

Shit's fucking insane, yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQAxQgevEA
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.