[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right /k/ommando you are a Defence Annalist. You were given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (3KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 275x183px
All right /k/ommando you are a Defence Annalist.
You were given the following goal:
Write an road map for the Newly created European Armed Forces. Air Sea and Land.

The European Union as it is as of today, with its economy, trade partners, geography and demographics.
What would be the challenges it faces. Were would you allocate the resources available. What would be the strategic positions that are vital?
>>
>>32070673
>Annalist
>Not analist

There goes any chance of /k/ paying attention
>>
>>32070673
EVERYTHING IN RIOT CONTROL AND OPPRESSION!
>>
>>32070719
Ayy Lmao
>>
File: Europeanseaparts.png (583KB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
Europeanseaparts.png
583KB, 1280x788px
Well we will need a big navy, with carriers, to be able to defend the satellite states and dependants of the previous members of the EU
>>
>>32071001
>28 states

Only for 3 more months m8 and Italy has a vote soon. The dutch after that and La Penn will do one after that.

Have fun though!

But realistically?

Give the entire budget to Italy and have them churn out coastal vessels with 76mms armed with nothing but anti-missile rounds so they can use them like canister shot against immigrant boats.

Keep the contracts away from France and Germany because they can't be trusted with funding.
>>
>>32071056
/pol/ is that way ---> >>/out/
>>
>>32070673
Disband the EU, and let each European state manage their own defense budget.
>>
>>32070673
Show them Tom Clancy's endwar. Tell them to do that
>>
Gonna be a nightmare. Those countries have very different doctrines and needs, and the US and associated countries are gonna counter it as much as possible via NATO.
You'd better try to incorporate existing units
For example the belgians have very good minesweepers, you'll probably want to send them instead of swedish engineers when overseas. Polish are crazy about NRBC IIRC, and so on....
But standardization is gonna need some serious effort.

On a sidenote, I'm very exited about the future tank child of Nexter and Krauss Maffei.

>>32071001
It's lacking the french island of Clipperton, in the Pacific ocean, near Mexico. Maybe others.
>>
>>32071123
/k/omrade Ivan why you this dirty capitalist forum
>>
>>32071135
Should the tank for this European force go for 150mm or 120mm
>>
>>32071215
we still have NATO.

Russia aren't threatened by the EU, as it's a useless union. NATO, on the other hand, is useful.
>>
File: vladimir-putin-and-donald-trump.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-putin-and-donald-trump.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>32071316
>>
>>32071249
Most upgunning projects I've seen since the cold war have been with 140mm guns.

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Leo2_Files/tanks.140mm-gun.kruse.pdf
why don't you accept my pdf, 4chan ? ;_;

Honestly as long as it got a coaxial autocannon I'll be happy.
>>
>>32071380
The only use I can see would be against low flying targets like Helis, and the placement would be a pain since it either you would have to put it to the sides which would bake it a pain for anyone trying to drive it through a street or put it on top and make the silhouette bigger.

Plus fitting he ammo
>>
>>32070673

I think you mean 'analyst'
>>
>>32070673
As an annalist I would record what happens and not try to affect it myself.
>>
>>32071907
Damn typo
>>
>>32070673
Oh fuck off with that shit already.
We don't want your fucking european army, we don't want the EU, we don't want its gun ban, we want NOTHING to do with it, get it?
>>
File: strv2000-1[1].jpg (1MB, 1134x1037px) Image search: [Google]
strv2000-1[1].jpg
1MB, 1134x1037px
>>32071896
Not necessarily (see pic), though the T-72 moderna seemed to manage autocannons on top or the sides without too many silhouette issue.
The french AMX 30 also had a coaxial 20mm.

When not shooting at MBTs or fortified emplacements, your limited supply of 140mm ammo quickly becomes overkill.
It's also good for rangefinding when your optics are damaged.
>>
>>32072496
>When not shooting at MBTs or fortified emplacements, your limited supply of 140mm ammo quickly becomes overkill.
It's also good for rangefinding when your optics are damaged.

Which is why I would say that it is better if we go for .50 HMG since that would go through most light cover and whatever a .50 HMG can't get through is either entrenched enough or in a vehicle that would justify using the main cannon (honestly I think 120mm is better because we will have more ammo and be able to trade with the Americans much simpler)

The only use I can see for would be against Helos.
>>
File: putin_trump-620x4121.jpg (75KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
putin_trump-620x4121.jpg
75KB, 620x412px
>>32072294
>>
>>32070673
>General Order #1. Dispose of Angela Merkel.
>>
>>32073520
Would she really be that bad for an united EU Army, or is this part of the refugee meme?
>>
Coup d'etat
After that, start forming a defensive alliance between European states and make it so it can't form into EU 2.0 through strict orders and laws
After that disband the army and let the alliance take over
>>
>>32074680
Yeah because military alliances never went wrong before
>>
>>32070673
I'd invest heavily in riot gear, stun batons, and tear gas.

Sell off the tanks and instead buy some armored water tankers with high pressure pumps.
>>
>>32075773
/pol/ please leave.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.