[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling on all AZfsgs on /k/. My friends and I are planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: marizona.gif (58KB, 507x568px) Image search: [Google]
marizona.gif
58KB, 507x568px
Calling on all AZfsgs on /k/.

My friends and I are planning on camping soon and we wanna bring our gins and gear and do some shooting as well. Anyone know any good places up north? Also general az shooting discussion thread.
>>
File: kkk.jpg (14KB, 280x186px) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
14KB, 280x186px
>>32065070

Go up to one of the reservations and hunt pie people.
>>
I don't know what you're hunting so I can't say for sure. That said the hunting areas around Flagstaff is supposed to be good for a hunt but since I personally never been there I can't speak for sure. However, stay away from the areas from the south of Phoenix there isn't anything much down here. To many ATV'ers making noise and if it isn't them it's either the Border Patrol or illegals.
>>
>>32065267
Not trying to hunt. Just wanna go out somewhere up north and camp for a fee days. Bring some guns with us and do some target shooting. Apparently Prescott national Forrest is good to go in terms of shooting innawoods. Just need to hike out a little ways from campsites.
>>
No one?
>>
>>32065070
Well, anywhere in the Four-Corners region is great for Innadesert, but being on Reservation land does increase the chances of a Skinwalker encounter, but those can really be found anywhere in the Southwest.

I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>32065070

7th st and baseline.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (19KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
19KB, 480x471px
>>32068734
I'm on 51st and baseline

what's good
>>
>>32065070
Az native from Prescott. what area did you guys have in mind?
>>
>>32065070
bump to get op to respond
>>
Op, if you dont answer my question i cant give you the info. learn to monitor your thread senpai
>>
File: 20161002_122236~2.jpg (2MB, 2247x1852px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_122236~2.jpg
2MB, 2247x1852px
>>32065070
Lake marry road near flag plenty of forrest for going innwoods
>>
yeah Flag is nice, its gonna be hella cold there right about now. depending if you dont want to go that far north prescott national forest is also great. as long as your 500ft from a road and a mile from a house you will be good. plus sherrifs wont roll up as shooting out there is as common as the sun rises. out by wolf creek up senator highway is nice. depending on the distance you want to be shooting. dosey pits is nice to visit for a daytime spot but dont think about camping. i would recommend up senator highway. once it turns to dirt pretty much anywhere you find will be great.
>>
>>32065267
You have literally no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>32068972
Us260 between payon and camp verde is nice too. 4x4 is recomended because afternoon showers will make it extremly muddy.
>>
File: IMAG2055.jpg (4MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2055.jpg
4MB, 3024x5376px
Chandler resident here.

I usually go up on the 87, place called sugarloaf.
Or I go south, down to Arizona Farms Road, kinda over by box canyon.
Not sure on up north spots.
Speaking of spoopy desert places, I found this last weekend.
>>
so 34.456868, -112.443167 is the start of the dirt from senator highway, you can take a right straight onto wolf creek road, or take the 2nd right onto mt tritle. both have great camping spots throughout the roads.

34.589625, -112.601296 is a spot at Dosey pit that i shoot often. not great for camping but the location is prime for a couple hundred feet to target shooting. depending on what you care to do.

no if you want a plains feel and open range and rabbit and coyotes, 34.705315, -112.646061 is a great spot. lots of ranch houses but its all public land, people shoot here all the time.
34.682965, -112.630978 is another great spot out by the previous coords i posted. hope you enjoy. its been cold up north here lately. definitely pack warm. Also if you are gonna have fire, the walmart in town always has pallets outback
>>
>>32069030
Tempe here, where is that located at? i moved down here from prescott and i have no idea where to shoot besides out by fourpeaks, which still sucks
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: Snapchat-1108197799.jpg (309KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1108197799.jpg
309KB, 1080x1776px
>>32069057
The pic is out by box canyon. But Sugarloaf is across the highway from the 4 peaks turnoff.

Also a reminder for everyone, please join the fb group "AZ /k/omrads"
>>
>>32069112
that looks like the gunroom at this guys house
1515 W Jack Pine Rd. you go downstairs and theres a bookshelf and the middle panel opens outward to reveal the gunroom. best private collection ive ever seen.
the dude has a big lifted chevy with the licenseplate "mp5" he has several.one is even in the briefcase that fires. The guy has a legit G18, a browning M2, a browning 1919, an m60, a grease gun, an mp40, m1a thompson, a thompson with the matching violin case. a couple stens, some real kalashnakovs. half of his gunroom is filled with S&W serial numbered 32. its fucking unreal. thats just the shit i remember.
>>
>>32069112
Is that a private group? couldnt find it
>>
>>32069170
Jesus. This guy has some dank shit. Couple of STG44's, mp40, a maduece, m240B, a saw, Mp5s, m16 and stuff. Also a fuck load of daewoos.

>>32069176
Yes, it's a closed group. I can invite you to it, wanna trade info?
>>
>>32069229
sure thing email in the email friend
>>
power lines at the base of mingus mountain are a good spot to shoot also
>>
>>32069266
Will email when I get home.
>>
>>32069341
cheers.
Also i love that OP never came back. what a dingus
>>
>>32068912
Sorry I went to bed. Was thinking Prescott national Forest area.
>>
>>32068862
Tempe fag here wuzzup
>>
My backyard range of the White Tanks in Buckeye.
>>
File: stacked AND packed.jpg (49KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
stacked AND packed.jpg
49KB, 500x507px
there is some good wilderness near the rim lake area if you're willing to hike in a few miles and escape all the RV fucks. On the desert and much closer side of things you can go to the superstition mountains aka hunting area 24b (just dont shoot any hikers). Avoid oak flat campground out that way since the apache are still occupying it in protest. Wherever you go dont be a basic retard, get a topo map and find a real piece of wilderness to go. If there's no campsite or trailhead near the wilderness you want, call a forest ranger and let them know where youre gonna leave your vehicle. Thats as good as any trailhead parking. Have fun fagort.
>>
>>32071072

p-people paid money for this?
>>
OP here, thanks for all the advice guys! I'm thinking we're gonna head out to Prescott National Forest. Seems to be a decent bet. When we go out innadesert we usually just do day trips and go home before it gets dark. But this time we wanna actually go camp for a few days but our normal campsites don't permit shooting. I'm saving this thread for any future spots that might be worth checking out.
>>
>>32071096
Hey op,prescott native here again. Feel free to ask any questions
>>
>>32071096
I'll monitor thread until it dies. Just hit me up
>>
>>32072712
Hey bro! So, what are the rules for shooting up the National Forest? From what I've read it seems as long as I'm far enough away from a road/building, have a good backstop to shoot into, and don't act like a retard, I should be good to go. How true is that? Would it be weird to see a few guys walking around in chest rigs and camo looking for a good place to set up targets? I know not to set them up on trees and to try to avoid hitting any trees. Any tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>32072903
No thats really normal to be honest. 500 feet from a house and a mile from a paved road. Sherrifs never give anyone grief and only patrol by dosey pit. Shooting out there is extremely common so dont expect anyone to give you trouble or queation you. On weekends all you here is shooting from the forest. I marked those coords in my earlier post with some of my favorite camping sites and shooting spots. Keep the questions coming.
>>
>>32073000
Oh shit that's awesome. I'll plug those into my GPS and maybe check them out.

That's really all I had in terms of questions, Just wanted to see if people gave a shit, apparently they don't. Anything cool to go hike out and see in the forest? Any cool spoopy stuff?
>>
File: IMAG0352.jpg (3MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0352.jpg
3MB, 3264x1952px
>>32073060
Yeah theres an old mill and mine out Senator highway by those camping spots. if you go back into the mine you will want waders or tall waterpoor boots as the tunnel has about a foot or so of water. you can setup a rest in the old mill and shoot across the gorge, we used to have a steel plate at 100 yards from there. here is the mill 34.426892, -112.433771
and if you drive up the road a bit more there is a tailings pile you can shoot at/ camp

tailings coords 34.421897, -112.430655
>>
34.488453, -112.587079 is another good shooting/ camping area. its low scrub desert. dont expect any nice trees or anything. all the shit by senator and wolf creek are real innawoods camp spots.
>>
File: IMAG0348.jpg (2MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0348.jpg
2MB, 3264x1952px
>>32073229
heres the entrance to the mine. it has a bunch of different shafts that go out. several hundred feet at least.
http://bradshawmountains.com/senator_mine.htm
>>
34.454272, -112.474327 is a cool waterfall. in that same wolf creek camping area.
>>
File: 1477950913602.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477950913602.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>32069047
AZ native here, but I'm savin this for future reference. Thanks bro. Maybe we can have a designated /k/ campspot.
>>
>>32073342
for sure. let me know if you want anymore info. its not often people take interest in good ol Prescott
all those coords in the thread are great spots.
also can someone invite me to the Az /k/ommando facebook page?
disposable email up top. i missed the invite from last night because it expired.
>>
Tempe here, would love to know some spots innadesert to plink at
>>
Tucson here
>>
>>32073365
Just look for AZ /k/omrads on FB
>>
>>32073365
Sorry lad. I fell asleep. I'll email you my mans
>>
>>32073717
just hit you back. no worries
>>
>>32068734
kek
>>
Maryvale- you can shoot all night here.
>>
>>32065070
Come up to the Prescott/Williamson Valley area. Plenty of remote places to shoot and camp. There's Dosie Pits, which is a good place for plinking/blowing shit up. There's Copper Basin which lets you shoot innasnow this time of season. There's Chino Valley, which has some really remote camping grounds and potentially methheads to shoot at. There's Williamson Valley, which has wide open spaces for distance shooting.
>>
>>32065452
Yee, plenty of old mines to go exploring in as well. Just go downtown and get on Senator Highway, and after 30 minutes youll be out where all the old mines are. Perfect for camping and shooting since its remote as fuck and the gulch makes for a natural back stop.
>>
>>32073229
I remember that place. Didnt bring any waders and my socks are still burnt orange after 2 years of washing. If you go in OP, definitely wear clothes you're meh/10 about from the waist down. Plenty of stuff to trip on in there, but nothing that will kill you.
>>
File: IMAG0351.jpg (262KB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0351.jpg
262KB, 1952x3264px
>>32074428
yeah and just be smart. dont go fucking around in any of the fucked up shafts. most of the horizontal shafts are fine but if you find a mine thats vertical dont even fuck with it.
>>
Is the climate in Northern Arizona generally mild, or is it just Flagstaff?
>>
>>32075290
prescott is like flag but we get less snow and our summers are a bit hotter. camp verde is always warm / rare snow and havasu sucks
>>
File: Cyber_Protection.jpg (59KB, 754x611px) Image search: [Google]
Cyber_Protection.jpg
59KB, 754x611px
>>32073365
I'm going to attend embry riddle next year, anything good to know about the area? I'm a Tucsonfag btw.
>>
>>32077214
Everything about Prescott is better than Tucson. Also, J&G is there.
>>
>>32077267
What are the best ranges around there? Or is heading a bit innaplains good enough?
>>
>>32068734

Lol
>>
>>32077214
so the new outdoor range is out in chino. theres a new indoor range in prescott by wallmart. also insight shooting has a 100yrd range in pv. you want to go to innawoods. look at the coords i posted above. prescott native here, feel free to ask questions. and if your going to embry you wont find many girls. your gonna want to go after yavapai girls. easier and the volleyball girls are much better. welcome to the neighborhood
>>
>>32068116
Don't be silly, fellow human. There are no such things as skinwalkers and OP should totally camp in the Four Corners region.

t. totally 100% human
>>
>>32065070
wherever you go, pick up your fucking brass
>>
>>32077214
Ayyoo. Imma senior at Riddle actually. What's your major anon?
Riddle is pretty chill but you'll definitely need to be an outdoors person if you wanna keep from being bored here. Downtown is based af though, and there's a bunch of good places to eat, although Filibertos (you'll learn of this magical place) and the McDonalds by Riddle are the only things open past 11pm around here that arent bars or far from campus.
PV has some cool shit to do, but the Picture Show movie theater in Prescott is GOAT tier and cheap af for students.

If you wanna ask me any questions on how to into /r9k/: The School, lemme know.

[email protected]
>>
>>32065070
anyone that isn't res land, just google that and you should be ok
>>
>>32078052
Innawoods/innaDosie is best, since no range fees and you can bring your recyling as targets as long as you clean up. Pizza boxes, beer bottles, all make for pretty good targets, along with the occasional mailbox and CRT TV you find out there.
Heading up around Senator Highway/Wolf Creek makes for some pretty good Nuggetplay during the winter months.
>>
>>32079351
how difficult was it to get into riddle? i have wanted to go back to school and riddle looks great
>>
>>32065070
Benson is p cool
>>
>>32065070
North of Flag is extremely sparsely populated same with the area around ash fork and sliegman
>>
>>32079402
Its not too hard if you applied yourself in HS or are a vet (we have shitloads of them here, and GI Bill is some good shit from what I hear). I had a 3.6/4 and was in a ton of organization. (Band, Debate team, some other clubs) and had some recommendations from teachers. Until I went to Riddle for Fall Preview day and really knew it was for me, I was gunning for MIT, Cornell, Brown, and Purdue, so I was prepping pretty hard. However, of those I think Riddle is much easier since
1. No Ones fucking heard of it outside of aviation and the Intel community
2. Its a private, for profit university so as long as you're good for the tuition, you're in.

The engineering program is super competitive and the first semester you can expect to see over half your classmates drop out or switch majors, either due to not making the cut or finding something else (like me).

Finance-wise it's expensive, but they offer tons of scholarships and grants and almost everyone is on them.

What do you wanna do? Im a senior in the Global Security and Intelligence Program, but I know a ton of engineers and pilots so I can answer what I can.
>>
prescott native here. we school the embry team at hockey. feel free to ask questions about camping shooting spots. lost a tooth at embry riddle during a practice.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.