[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you live in a cuck state where you can't carry and magazine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: usp9expert.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
usp9expert.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
If you live in a cuck state where you can't carry and magazine sizes are limited, should you go with a bigger caliber to compensate for capacity?

Asking because I can't decide between a USP 9 Expert or USP 45 Tactical. With the expert, I can get a fancy jet funnel and a longer sight radius, if I want to do USPSA. But since I'm limited to 10 rounds, 9mm seems like a waste when I can get 45 acp instead.
>>
Get a 9mm 1911. That way you won't feel like you're wasting space.
>>
>>32064316
If I were limited to 10 rounds AND I was never going to be allowed to conceal carry. I would get a full size 1911 in .45acp. I'd even consider a .44mag desert eagle.

However, if you're going to go to the range a lot, 9mm still makes sense because it's considerably cheaper to shoot.
>>
>>32064341
>>32064381
As much as I like 1911's, they're pretty much "ban proof" so I don't have to worry about acquiring one later. But some of the more obscure models of the USP are hard to come by, and some of them have scary salt features that could be banned later on.

Plus, you can't go wrong with German engineering.
>>
well, even though you have 10 rounds only (commie/k/ommando as well?)
this is purely reverberated from other people, but i assume 9mm would have noticeable less recoil, which would probably help your USPSA times more.
>>
>>32064316
I had multiple 9mm's and sold them all for a usp 45 elite. I'm becoming a fudd. Shooting 9mm is way cheaper though...Go 45 and USP if you're not a poorfag or have big hands.
>>
>>32064316
I suggest a road trip to your neighboring free state of choice. I visit two shops in northern PA pretty often.

>Based Cooper's Sporting Goods
>Beikirch is alright, but the Sales Rack they hired is an idiot.
>>
>>32064697
reload poorpleb

Super cheap to reload 45
Like 1/3rd the price of factory
>>
>>32064552
Okay,

.45 is better choice if ammo availability is not a consideration. 9mm is a better choice if ammo availability is a consideration.

You can get a USP with a match trigger or order a match trigger for the USP from the HK website. That is also something I would seriously consider.
>>
>>32064876
>availability
WTF, I meant cost.
I did not mean availability.
Maybe I was subconsciously thinking availability of funds.
>>
Won't you just miss more with a higher caliber? In shoot outs with 9mm less than 20% of rounds hit their targets. In the only big shoot outs with a 10mm less tahn 5% of rounds hit their targets because of the bigger recoil. You're better off hitting 2x 9mm rounds than 0x 10mm or 45 rounds.
>>
>>32064936
those metrics are not by any means linked
>>
That's entirely user dependent and there's a huge difference between shooting a compact 1911 and a full size USP. It's possible that statistically you are correct, just like people will say caliber doesn't matter.
I shot the .45 XDS btw and it felt just like a 9mm.
For, me, I shoot either just as well. I prefer 9mm because it's cheaper and the guns easier to conceal carry.
OP isn't conceal carrying and is limited on capacity. I'd probably go .45 in his situation, if I could afford the ammo.
>>
>>32064316
> can't decide between garbage and trash
Wow why even bother posting here?
>>
>>32064316

I wasn't aware 10 round jet funnel mags even existed. You can't use regular USP magazines with the jet funnel. Basically...why bother.

Get a 9mm 1911 or something and use 10 round magazines if you're going to shoot IPSC. A non-Jet Funnel USP Expert would be ok too.
>>
>>32065090
I feel like the over travel screw is over tightened.
>>
Go with something that has a 10 round standard capacity such as an M&P45.
>>
>>32064316
You buy the magazines anyway. I live in colorado where 30 rd + mags are illegal. I currently have 3 30 rd mags and 2 40 rd mags, all bought in colorado.
>>
>>32064316

i personally went for something more compact. Honestly the CCW ability is large and if you aren't a lardass, smaller the better
>>
>>32064316

... ok first if you do USPSA, you're going to be shooting Limited if you shoot the Expert with the Jet Funnel. you're going to be limited to 10 rounds in Production, so capacity doesn't really matter. and there's no Major/Minor distinction, so shoot 9mm. if you do shoot Limited/L10, shoot .40 for less recoil/expense.
>>
>>32064316
Because of this reason I'm tempted to try and get a magnum-chambered autoloader or just a gun (hopefully an MK23) chambered in .460 Rowland so I can shoot .45 super, ACP and .460 Rowland.
>>
>>32064936
>nogunz: the post
>>
>>32065433
Lolololol, he cant because the only m&p thats allowed for sale in cuckfucknia is the shield
>>
>>32064316
i live in a state where we need a FOID card and suppressors are illegal

is there a state where i can purchase a suppressor as a non-resident? for hearing protection purposes of course.
>>
File: 1472990254334.jpg (23KB, 519x521px) Image search: [Google]
1472990254334.jpg
23KB, 519x521px
>>32064936

what the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>32066080
How did you go about that? Online?
>>
>>32067978

They don't enforce the stupid as fuck laws
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.