[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/, A friend owed me $1500, and he just paid me back with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Sup /k/,

A friend owed me $1500, and he just paid me back with an AR that's supposedly worth way more. I don't know much about them. Help me figure out if it's a fair deal or if I need to go back and kick his ass. Based on my research so far I'm leaning towards ass kicking:

-Polymer lower
-Shitty trigger and grip
-PSA upper with M4 FN barrel
-Magpul MOE stock and hand guard
-USMC rear sight
-Aimpoint patrol optic
-Vortex VMX-3T magnifier
-Larue M68 mount
-Noveske charging handle
-Grip Pod forward grip bipod

Also, what does /k/ think about the cryptic coatings bcg?
>>
>>32060523
Yeah, that shit is worth maybe $1100
>>
>>32060523
>-Aimpoint patrol optic
>-Vortex VMX-3T magnifier
>-Larue M68 mount
all of the value is coming from this right here. while those parts are worth alot new used not so much since optics depreciate significantly.
those 3 items probably cost more than the rest of the gun
>>
you're an idiot and your friend has shit taste
>>
>>32060523
>polymer lower

Yea go kick his ass
>>
>>32060523
The FN barrel PSA upper isn't bad and the optic setup is worth a decent amount. However that isn't worth $1500
>>
>>32060523
>-Polymer lower
Yeah, kick his ass.
>>
File: 1478203007650.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478203007650.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>32060630
>>32060703
>>32060523
Haha
HAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
u dun goofed OP.
U goofed bad, you deserve it to for not having it appraised
I hope he already skipped town
Only part that's worth anything is the FN barrel, does it have FN rollmarks? I'd wager it DOESNT
>>
>>32060523
>Aimpoint PRO - ~400
>Vortex Magnifier - ~120
>Larue M68 Mount -under 100 used
>polymer lower - 40 bucks
>PSA premium kit - maybe 450ish
>noveske handle - useless dickwaving shit
>>
>>32060523
You got played getting a polymer lower. Sorry man...he flat out lied to you and took advantage of your lack of knowledge. If you are comfortable with it, I would tell him "hey, I had this rifle appraised. If you can throw in pistol or ammo for this rifle I'll call it good".
>>
Sounds like a shitty deal, but not quite as bad as I thought.

>>32060735
Having something in hand vs nothing at all... I took the rifle and did the research after.

I'm not hurting for the money, and I figured if he fucked me it shows whether he's a real friend or not. No big deal.
>>
File: allsmiles.jpg (180KB, 917x598px) Image search: [Google]
allsmiles.jpg
180KB, 917x598px
Fucking polymer lower. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
>>
>>32060805
he might not intentionally be fucking you as hard as you think. its not hard to imagine a uninformed panic buyer spending 1500 or more on that pile.
is the gun worth 1500 used in trumps america? hell no.
>>
>>32060872
My money is on the dipshit did a home build. He was probably like omggggg a ghost lower.
>>
File: diving.jpg (123KB, 940x933px) Image search: [Google]
diving.jpg
123KB, 940x933px
>>32060523
>accepting an item you don't know the value of as payment for a reasonably sized debt
>>
>op gets ripped of
>op shoots friend with rifle
>op then melts lower and parts out rest of rifle
>op is still out of 1500 but has satisfaction that this scumbag will no longer walk the earth
>>
>>32060805
that's what I figured to. if he had to give his shitcan gun to you for repayment he didn't have any cash anyway.
>>
>>32060795
This is what you oughta do.
>>
>>32060894
Well, if he's an actual friend who isnt too flawed, just let this one be big benefit of the doubt and never ever lend him money ever again.
>>
"friend"
lets him buy a polymer lower
i think that setup might be 800-900
i would want atleast500-600 back to
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.