[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /military/ here? Is 25 too old to join the Army as an officer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3796.jpg (206KB, 1242x1240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3796.jpg
206KB, 1242x1240px
Who /military/ here?

Is 25 too old to join the Army as an officer and hope to one day become a General? Most Generals I can find joined at 22 years old right out of College
>>
>>32059654
And how many of those generals are academy and war college graduates? How many of them have a PhD from a top twenty university?
>>
>>32059654
30 is what I would call the end of days.

25 is older, but as an officer, it may play to your advantage with maturity and clear thinking as opposed to a 22 year old
>>
>>32059712
The fuck if I know. The majority aren't from the Academy I do know that. The majority of them do have Masters degrees and maybe like 2 I've seen have PhD's at all. Talked to two Colonels and both said you need a Masters degree if you are even dreaming of reaching 0-6
>>
>>32059654
The only advantage a 22 year old has over you towards making General is that he has 3 more years of sucking cock and those boyish good looks to go with it.
Show congress that you're an easily manipulated bitch boy of an officer and you'll make the cut.
>>
>>32059841
Cool,thanks. See ya on the flip side
>>
>>32059654
you're probably not a good fit for an officer if you're goal is to become a general. Assuming you qualify for OCS, which is your only option you'd probably become a stupid shitt branch LT like ADA or logistics. Then you'll realize how gay it is and get out to become a walmart manager.
>>
>>32059654

Dont fucking join the military man. I've been 6 months in the Army and I want out. It sucks. The people are retarded. The conversations are retarded. Everybody is running off of autopilot. Nobody thinks for themselves. The pay is shit. The rules are shit. The food is shit. Its all cardio all of the fucking time and if you dont like running you get bullied.

Just dont fucking do it.
>>
>>32059654
>Is 25 too old?
no

If you wanne be an officer so bad go Guard or Reserves
>>
>>32059654
I'm at Amedd bolc right now with a 63yo lt col in my class. I think you can fucking hack it
>>
>>32059885
you sound like a dumb private, shut up no one cares about your feelings
>>
>>32059882
>Assuming you qualify for OCS, which is your only option
Or join the reserves, don't be a shit bag, and try for direct commissioning. It's not that hard to direct commission if you've got a degree already.
Alternatively if op doesn't have a degree, join rotc and get a degree then commission through them.
Ocs is probably the shittiest route
>>
>>32059885
So, you fit in?

If you are a beta fag, the Air Force and Navy are great gigs if you have plans and ambition but lack the $$$ and discipline.
>>
>>32059925
no ROTC is going to want a 25 year old, and the cut off for west point is 26. and if he wants to be a general that'll never happen in the reserves. literally people need to die to get promoted.
>>
>>32059885
Dem tears are delicious. Pls tell me you're a 68W. They're always pissing and moaning about running.
>>
>>32059940
>no ROTC is going to want a 25 year old
I fucking graduated with a 32yo and with multiple people above the age of 25. What are you talking about?
>If he wants to be a general that'll never happen in the reserves
I'm pretty sure you can direct commission out of the reserves, but in the case you can't you can always flip to active if you're in the right unit, with the right aoc, and not a shithead.
>>
>>32059940
I already am almost done with my degree and will be 24 next year. I graduate with my bachelors in June
>>
>>32059885
People don't dislike running they just think they do because they don't run enough. It takes like 10 days for your body to adjust from a previous run so you can expect a month of eating shit and if you don't work hard for that month then you'll suck forever.
If you also lift you'll adjust faster because your endocrine system is healing you faster.
>>
File: CONSEQUENCES.jpg (12KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
CONSEQUENCES.jpg
12KB, 251x251px
>>32059885
Let me guess, you were one of those edge-lord faggots who was bullied in school and only joined the military because you "wanted to show them". And now you regret it because you realize you threw your life away.

Buckle up buckaroo, you're in for 3-6 years of the suck. And you'll come to the end of your contract and retention will sing its siren song and then you'll re-enlist. And you don't know why. Its because you'll have been institutionalized and the thought of civilian life scares you.
>>
>>32059992
Are you op? If so don't listen to that idiot.
Talk with rotc. They may be able to work with you so that you can graduate with them. I think you need 2 years at a minimum left for your bachelors if you want to commission with rotc, but they might work with you and massage your classes so you can make it work, you'd just graduate later than sooner.
>>
>>32059942

No im combat arms

>>32059932

Im in the army but the people in the air force and navy are literally homestuck/keep buttplugs around

Im not a fag i just dont want to live anymore and in 23 years of my life i havent accomplished shit and i just want to be left alone
>>
>>32059982
OK my bad I wasn't aware ROTC took old fucks. Regardless hes going to be like a 30 year old 2LT. and going active from reserves is still going to be a pain. Also arent direct commissions only for occupations the army needs I.E. doctors, lawyers.
>>
>>32060019
>Let me guess, you were one of those edge-lord faggots who was bullied in school and only joined the military because you "wanted to show them". And now you regret it because you realize you threw your life away.

No i knew what i was in for because i had lurked threads like these for years and i was out of high school for some time

But college wasnt working and i was just tired of being around everyone i had known in my life, now all i want is to fuck off to some remote corner and die

I thought theyd deploy me to some shithole so maybe i could die that way but the military doesnt work like that and they just keep you around to suffer
>>
>>32060029
Really depends. Apparently a lot of stuff is open, but they seem to just plop you into Amedd as a 70B (Medical Service Corps) if what the direct commission folk are telling me is right. Nearly all of them are 70B or 67J direct commissions.
>>
>>32060019
>mfw pogs call their enlistment "the suck"

That is not what that means, or being used correctly.
>>
>>32060085
I watched the hurt locker too, fag. frankly you can use that term for any shitty event.
>>
>>32060063
well I don't know of any and all my civilian-gone-officers friends with degrees went OCS.
>>
>>32060106
It's some real try hard shit. But yes, the first amendment, say what you want.

Also, I've never seen that movie. Other veterans said it'll just piss you off.
>>
>>32060115
I'm not sure if you understand the direct commission route I'm talking about. I'm not talking about Civilian to officer. I'm talking enlisted reserves to officer. If you join as a reservist you can eventually apply to direct commission. Basically wait until you make sergeant, have a degree, and be willing to work with hr. You can do it at a lower rank, but you'd have to make yourself stand out somehow. It's the route that nearly all the direct commission here have taken. I know one person who did ocs because she was told no one would take her seriously if she did a direct commission in the reserves (It was offered to her) She still regrets not taking the easier route and getting out to her unit faster.
>>
>>32060163
I have alot of buddies who enlisted as national guard privates then got accepted to some sort of ROTC and became cadets while at drill. is that sort of the same thing?
>>
>>32059885
>Army
There's your problem
>>
>>32060189
Nah, that's just SMP https://www.utsa.edu/armyrotc/docs/simultaneous_membership_prog.pdf
These people I'm talking about had their 4 year degree, were sitting in the reserves, and then made the move to officer through direct commission
http://stayarmyreserve.army.mil/oa_preq.htm
Link for you with more info. Units don't publicize this info for some reason.
>>
>>32060062
real life military isn't warhammer 40k imperium
>>
>>32059885
Shut the fuck up, boot
>>
>>32059885
>only been in for 6 months
>can't take it anymore

Go fucking kill yourself POG
>>
File: 20161115_161227.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_161227.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32060085
>mfw pogs call their enlistment "the suck"
You're just mad that some pogues have cooler jobs than you.
>>
>>32059907
>you sound like a dumb private
>I've been 6 months in
Well gee you don't say?
>>
>>32063681
Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Honestly I'd say the same about a grunt doing it too.

That isn't what that term means. Get over it try hard. You're just stealing phrasing like always.
>>
File: 1445295040690.gif (68KB, 120x120px)
1445295040690.gif
68KB, 120x120px
>>32063794
>lolPhrasing

Fact of the matter is, the private is in for a sucky time. Hence the suck.

I bet you're on the verge of aneurysm when you hear the word clip in any context that doesn't involve a stripper, too. Cool your jets there turbo.
>>
>>32059885
>literally none of this is Army
>all of this is Marines
Marines are too stupid to know what branch they serve in, kek
>>
>>32059885
You're an enlisted grunt. You're the underclass of the military. Life is very different for an officer.
>>
>>32065550
He's worse than an enlisted grunt. He's a private fresh out of basic.

He's the poor fuck they make take his pro-mask off to ensure the area is safe for the people with worth to the unit.
>>
>>32061815

I already knew i wasnt being logical

Thats the whole point
>>
>>32059885
Mam your life sounds hard. I love the military, make money. Don't live at home anymore, got the hell out of commiefornia. Whats not to love?
>>
>>32067211

What MOS did you pick senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 543x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 543x350px
>>32059654
>officer

>>32059885
I'm a private too, admittedly probably not in the same military, but, embrace the suck you piece of shit. You're never going anywhere if all you do is shitpost about how much your job sucks on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>32059885
USAF here fuck off. Been in 3 years and I can tell you are a straight up bitch. On that note, anyone planning to be a linguist in any branch, don't fucking do it.
>>
>>32059654
thicc
>>
>>32063681
>pogues
>>
>>32059654
>>32059654
>Is 25 too old to join the Army as an officer and hope to one day become a General?
What is your stanine score?
>Most Generals I can find joined at 22 years old right out of College
All Generals belong to the top 4th percentile (9th stanine) in terms of cognitive capability. Unless you score 8 or higher, donĀ“t expect climbing above Major/Lieutenant Colonel in peacetime.
>>
>>32059885
fucking boot
>>
>>32059712
From what I've seen, at least in the case of the airforce, most pursued their graduated education at some point after commissioning.
>>
File: 20161019_155744.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_155744.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32070621
What exactly are you implying?
>>
>>32059654
>>32059654

I have completed about 7 college courses so far and my major is electrical engineering. I still have a while to go because I'm starting from the bottom and attending a community college.
I'm currently 23 and I really want to get into the AF ROTC program with the intention of getting a scholarship and becoming an officer. I currently have no wheels and take classes online. What do I do? Is it too late? I already have to take so many extra classes to get into a university program, they also have you do classes? huh?
>>
>>32063681
how the fuck dd you take this picture?
>>
File: 20161117_161036.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_161036.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32072722
What do you mean? You can see my phone in the corner of the door.
>>
>>32059885
>been a mreen for only like 9 months
>love to hate it but dont regret it in the slightest
sounds to me like you're a shitbag anon.
>>
>>32073407
ooooooohhhh well now I can
pretty cool man
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.