[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family just sold all my grandfather's guns (he died) for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: wew.png (15KB, 718x129px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
15KB, 718x129px
Family just sold all my grandfather's guns (he died) for $3000. The M1 Carbine (1940) alone is on sale online for half that.

Feeling like shit, should I be?
>>
>>32054451
Why didn't you try and stop them, or at least tell them what they were worth?
>>
>>32054451
Were any of them willed to you, and did you make any attempt to get any of them? If not, it sucks but there's nothing you could do.
>>
>>32054460
I didn't know they were doing it. They're all telling me it was fair. I'm not nuts on this, right?
>>
>>32054481
If you are one of the direct heirs, they have to have your permission before anything not willed specifically is sold.
>>
>>32054451
Did your grandpa live in oregon?
>>
>>32054527
St. Louis, Missouri.
>>
>>32054537
Ah I see.
Some family here was selling their grandpas guns after he died and I picked up a ljungman, Hakim, and m39 finnish mosin for $600, $360, and $185. I think he might be so angry that he will be haunting them forever. They also sold his 1929 luger for $750 and his cz75 pre b bauska for $350 and a garand / m1carbine for like 750 each.
>>
>>32054589
How did you find a sale like that?
>>
>>32054681
Just browsing estate sale websites. You can find some good ones once or twice a year.
>>
>>32054481

No, at the absolute minimum they fucked up not getting the right value.

More so, maybe you wanted one of them and not a few dollars in cash.
>>
>>32054481
WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU CALLING A LAYWER
>>
>1940 M1 Carbine
yeah you fucked up, since it'd be one rare rifle. They didn't go into serial production until '41.
>>
>>32054451

I want to buy. I'm also in St Louis. Take that sale down and sell to me face to face, I'll have cash tomorrow.

mokmeet@ aol.com
>>
Update now that my head is a little clearer. 55 guns total. He gave us $3000 for them. Ten to fifteen don't function properly. Most of the functional ones are relatively old rifles and revolvers, brass and dark wood style stuff. About a quarter of them are black powder. A lot of the rifles are .22 caiber. A few of those are single shot, a few are pump action. There are some low caliber pocket pistols.

Unfortunately I think my uncle or I would end up keeping the M1, but he told us there were only three guns worth anything, which I have a hard time believing out of an ex cop, ex prison guard Vietnam veteran.

Anyone have any input on this?
>>
>>32056660
Nothing sounds particularly valuable. Why would the old man lie? The sorts of companies that buy inheritances like this generally do so with the idea they can make a 25-50% profit off the lot, depending on size.
Sorry you lost guns with sentimental value, but at the end of the day they're just things.
>>
File: 64d.gif (204KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
64d.gif
204KB, 320x180px
>>32054589
>Grandfathers garand / m1carbine for like 750 each.
mfw
>>
>Feeling like shit, should I be?
Sure you might've like to have them, or at least one of them, to remember your grandfather by. But think of it this way, they'll get dispersed through the gun community, and maybe ten people might be able to enjoy them instead of you.
>>
>>32054451
I know that feel

my father inherited my grandads scattergat and he threw it away
>>
Pretty good fucking b8 my m8
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.