[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting a S&W 500 for my new edc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Fseq2mC.jpg (527KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Fseq2mC.jpg
527KB, 3264x2448px
I'm thinking about getting a S&W 500 for my new edc. Anyone with experience have any tips?
>>
are there giant feral niggers running around you allt he time?
>>
>>32046039
its a big pistol and it gets caught on shit all the time. Get one with a sling swivel set on it and get used to carrying it like a rifle
>>
Heck of shotgun
>>
>>32046039
why not get a desert eagle
>>
File: IMG_2227.jpg (65KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2227.jpg
65KB, 600x336px
I use it as my EDC too, Anon! It's really good at taking out low flying aircraft ;3
>>
>>32046070
You need to go all the way and get the gold plated, tiger striped one.
>>
>>32046056

Yes. I've already had to draw once this year and got pretty close during an attempted car jacking just last month.
>>
>>32046070

I had one. Didn't like it. If im going to say fuck it carry something huge might as well go 500.
>>
>>32046070
>>32046110
Deagle is far more practical
and tiger stripes give you 10% more damage
Unlocked after 50 head shots
>>
>>32046039
Shoulder Holster might be worth it.
>>
>>32046059

>gets snagged on shit all the time.

Are you talking about on the draw?
>>
>>32046136

Shoulder holster might be a requirement

>>32046132

I'd say the bearfucker revolver is less likely to malfunction than the deagle (memes about revolvers vs semis aside, the deagle is a little more finicky than a glock). He will lose the damage bonus though. Maybe S&W Performance center can make him a custom gold plated tiger stripe rapecannon

OP can't afford the seconds to re-rack when being charged by atomic swamp dindus, when he can just pull the trigger again

I'm also curious, if ever in the history if firearms, a 500 S&W was ever used in self defense, and if it was ever mentioned in the police report/trial that such a caliber was used, and influenced the course of events after the shooting
>>
>>32046168
no i'm talking about doing regular shit through the day
>>
>>32046132

Im talking about nearly a 10in barrel and a round that can reach 700g. Fuck practically i want to legally blow somebody the fuck up.

My .40 will probably just add a few lines to some niggs rap song. The 500 will tear his leg clean off.
>>
>>32046113
>sitting in car at stoplight
>see nig-nog approaching from blind spot with nefarious intentions
>go to draw my S&W 500 to thwart imminent carjacking
>reach between seat and grab handle of revolver
>reach under seat and rack lever to move seat back
>reach under passenger seat to rack it back as well
>tilt steering wheel all the way up
>roll down all four windows
>turn on hazard lights
>step out of vehicle and pop trunk
>reach into trunk and pull lever to lower rear seat pass through
>remove spare tire and jack
>set out road flares to warn traffic
>go to city hall to apply for oversize load permit
>contact local airport to ask for groundstop of air traffic
>recruit local high school basketball team to assist
>finally ready to draw S&W 500
>notice that nig-not got bored waiting for me, went to law school, and got elected President

Might want something a little more concealable, OP
>>
File: 1264890801118.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1264890801118.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32046233

Man, you almost had it, but you tried a little too hard
>>
>>32046210

Im not to worried about that. I have a ccw permit so i plan on rigging up a semi iwb rig. A few others on here recommend a shoulder holster. Im sure it wouldn't be to hard to drop it a bit and have about half of the barrel tucked in.
>>
>>32046233
>>notice that nig-not got bored waiting for me, went to law school, and got elected President

I had a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>32046233
im on some good shit right now and i thought this story was really gonna take me someplace but then it just kinda petered out at the end
>>
>>32046070
Look at the ballistic difference between 500sw and 50 African eliminator
>>
File: 460.jpg (492KB, 2370x1064px) Image search: [Google]
460.jpg
492KB, 2370x1064px
>>32046039
X frames are easier to conceal than you'd think, but you need a good holster and you're better off with a shorter barrel.
galco makes their vhs for the 4" x frame, but I had to get a custom rig for this 5" 460.
>>
>>32048223

Just woke up so im kind of groggy. Legit looked up "50 African Eliminator" gave me a good laugh.
>>
>>32049469

Thats good to hear. I carry the full size HK USP 40 and have never had a single problem with concealability or being uncomfortable. Even with the shirt tucked in around a shit ton of cops. I figured it would be a challenge training to get an adequate draw with that long ass barrel though.

Until i go pick it up i might do a rugh cut out or somthing and see if i can get somthing to work. You think its long enough to build a cc drop leg type holster and still have the grip high enough to get a full "combat grip"?
>>
>>32050014
I wouldn't carry a revolver with longer than 4" barrel or a semi auto with longer than 5" on a belt.
draw aside, concealment aside, it'll be uncomfortable to sit down at all.

Vertical shoulder holsters can a accommodate a couple inches more, but I'd give up on the 8" barrel unless you plan to wear a trench coat.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.