[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the Jet Engine intake? do soliders have to be aware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

Where's the Jet Engine intake? do soliders have to be aware of where it is? is it powerful enough to suck someone in?
>>
>>32044889
no
>>
port side (left) behind the turret ring, on top, grate covers it, and no, cannot suck in person
>>
>>32044915
>port side (left)

just write left you fucking sperg, you aren't impressing anyone with your knowledge
>>
>>32044927
common knowledge?
>>
>>32044936
you took 14 characters to write one 4 letter word
>>
>>32044889
A turbine engine is not a jet engine.
>>
>>32045017
Yes it is
>>
>>32045054
No. A jet engine is a turbine, but a turbine is not necessarily a jet. Learn the difference.
>>
>>32044927
>>32044936
Agree. As autistic as typing out letters phonetically to show off your knowledge of the NATO alphabet.
>>
Why couldnt they go green with biodiesel? Hell if they run outta fuel just throw some deep frying grease in there
>>
>>32045093

one of the dirtbikes i think a Kawasaki KLR maybe that spec ops used was famout for its ability to run on damn near anything you could put in the tank.
>>
>>32045119
>He doesn't know that diesel and gasoline operate on completely different combustion cycles.
I hate that children post on this site.
>>
>>32044927
5 bucks says you didn't know what port side meant and that anon just learned you something.
Consider thanking him.
>>
>>32045140
Diesel will run in a petrol engine. The engine won't be happy but it will work
>>
>>32045155
well you'd be out 5 bucks then
>>
>>32045140

http://www.bikeexif.com/military-motorcycle
>>
>>32045140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9-i9tcESU
>>
>>32045159
It'll work for a very short time and then stop. You'd be an idiot to suggest using fuel oil in a gasoline engine. Because let's be honest, diesel is just a fuel oil. That's why it is shipped and placarded with a 1993 UN number along with a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>32045181
>>32045188
>IT RUNS ON DIESEL AND KERSONE AND A BUNCH OF OTHER SHIT THAT IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS DIESEL WHICH MEANS IT RUNS ON EVERYTHING.
I hate children.
>>
>>32045209
It's legally a multifuel compression ignition engine.

It's not the bike you can get at your local powersports dealer.
>>
>>32045239
Any diesel engine will run on nearly any fuel oil with varying performance.
>>
>>32045140
>>32045209

>durr i hate children on muh internet board

post a headshot and an ID with your age timestamped or shut the fuck up faggot
>>
File: ldt465u_6.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ldt465u_6.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
>>32045140
Eat shit.
>>
ITT: autistic rage
>>
>>32045159
>Diesel will run in a petrol engine.
For a few minutes, badly, before the plugs foul and it comes to a smoking halt.
>>
>>32044927
>>32045081
Left side is whose left? Yours? Mine? The driver's? God's? Port side is short for "left side from the point of view of a person in the vehicle facing forward". Faggot.
>>
>>32045073
a jet engine doesn't even need to have a turbine either, actually.

Jet engines, by way of useless pedantic fuckery, include any engine that generates thrust from a fast moving jet of reaction mass being thrown out the other way.

So it includes turbojets and turbofans, but also jets with no turbines, like ramjets and pulse-jets. And also Rocket engines as well.

Amusingly, it might not include turbofans and propfans

So if you're speaking technically, a turbine engine isn't necessarily a jet engine, and a jet engine isn't necessarily a turbine engine either.
>>
>>32045140
>diesel and gasoline operate on completely different combustion cycles.
No they dont.

With diesels the fuel injection its the sparkplug, basically, but they all run on the same 4 strokes.
>>
>>32045715
>implying no such thing as 2 stroke
>>
>>32045762
There are 2 stroke diesels and petrols yes
>>
>>32045827
spam, everyone report pls
>>
>>32044889
normally I would just say google it, but since there's people who can't determine how the concept of fucking left works (i guess this is a pretty right wing board so meh), I figured I'd just post this.
>>
>>32045949
Also, to answer the second half of your question. According to my buddy in the army reserves who drives one of these, yes you need to be aware, but no it's not a danger to your body since there is a heavy duty metal grate covering it.
>>
>>32045715
There is a difference between the Otto and Diesel cycles. Get bent faggot.
>>
>>32045715

>With diesels the fuel injection its the sparkplug, basically, but they all run on the same 4 strokes.

Not only is that not a sentence, but unless you're drunk, with diesels the fuel injection is most certainly not the spark plug (because there are none in a diesel, nor in a turbine engine for that matter)
>>
>>32046066
It's pretty easy to see what he meant though
>>
>>32046086

I guess. The 4 strokes bit sure, but the first part sounds like he's drunk and the whole sentence doesn't make sense

>With diesels the fuel injection its the sparkplug
>>
>>32046122
What he's trying to say is the injection is the source of ignition, like a sparkplug, take either away and there is no combustion
>>
>>
>>32044927
Left is relative dipshit.
>>
>>32045970
The only diff is the reason for ignition

Everything else is practically the same
>>
>>32044915
>port side (left)

Russian vehicle have ports on all sides
>>
>>32045209
Kerosene is a petroleum product, but the similarities to diesel end about there.

I do not understand why you are arguing with the guy.
>>
>>32045181
Wish i had that one, but im stuck with the gas version.
that price tag though!
Gas one is like 6500 brand new!
>>
>>32048525
He's referring to the expressions 'port' and 'starboard'
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.