[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, So, I'm looking at getting a Colt SAA replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Colt-SAA-3rd-357-right-sa50.jpg (101KB, 1175x464px) Image search: [Google]
Colt-SAA-3rd-357-right-sa50.jpg
101KB, 1175x464px
Hey /k/,

So, I'm looking at getting a Colt SAA replica to shoot and have some fun with.

Can anyone point me into the right direction of a good, reliable, Okay replica? I don't plan on doing any cowboy action shooting, But I've also never owned a wheel gun before, so I'd rather like to have something I can have some fun with and not worry about the timing getting screwed up from shooting it to much and blowing up in my face.

kinda looking at the uberti cattleman. nothing facing.
>>
spaghetti for authenticity, Ruger for MUH SAFETY (no four clicks so Ruger ghey)
>>
>>32044018
Uberti cattleman in .357 magnum. Has more steel in between each chamber in the cylinder and you can plink cheaply with .38 special. They also use the same barrel as the .45 colt model, just bored out smaller and as a result it has a heavier profile.
>>
File: HPIM1775.jpg (4MB, 3173x2380px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM1775.jpg
4MB, 3173x2380px
>>32044018
Uberti Cattleman is a pretty good replica. I have a Colt SAA and love the crap out of it. That said, it's getting more valuable every day so I got a Cattleman for going to the range. The new Uberti have two "safeties" that the Colt never had. I was able to remove both. Hard to find a no safety hammer anymore but you can replace the longer base pin. Other than that, they function and shoot just like the original. Make sure you leave the chamber under the hammer empty.
>>
File: Uberti Safeties.jpg (88KB, 797x636px) Image search: [Google]
Uberti Safeties.jpg
88KB, 797x636px
>>32044122
>>
File: Colt-Uberti-SAA.jpg (3MB, 2016x2757px) Image search: [Google]
Colt-Uberti-SAA.jpg
3MB, 2016x2757px
Colt and Uberti
>>
>>32044154
Very nice. Did you modify the base pin on your uberti?
>>
>>32044206
Nope. Bought a Colt replacement part and it was perfect.
>>
>>32044236
>it was perfect
I assume some don't fit right off the bat?
>>
>>32044254
Dunno. That was the only one I tried.
>>
File: IMG_1171.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>when you're a poorfag but grandpa left you this, and 1970 imperial
My based grandpa aesthetic is unmatched
>>
File: dsc_0795_0.jpg (1MB, 3298x1430px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0795_0.jpg
1MB, 3298x1430px
If you want cheap plinking you should check out Heritage Mfg.

I got their "Roughrider" model in .22 a while ago and it's a great plinker. I got mine on sale at Bass Pro for $80.

The quality of Heritage guns is outstanding as well.
>>
>>32044018
Uberti
Cimarron
Pietta
Taylors & Co.
>>
>>32044018
I shoot Cowboy Action. Of the SAA's It is split Ruger and Uberti. I use Ruger cuz it's what I found first. I would like Uberti though. They are well made guns.(I have 2 Uberti rifles)
>>
>>32044018
A SAA made in the past 100 years that isn't rusted to fuck will not blow up. Don't put Ruger loads in a .45 Colt and you're fine. Elmer Keith loaded up .44 Special to like 80% of what the .44 Magnum ended up being in several examples without issue. If you get a .357 Magnum you can basically shoot whatever the hell you want, the cylinder is massive for the caliber.

I'd suggest getting a New Vaquero due to more robust lockwork. Colts and direct clones are great, don't misunderstand, but they have more fragile springs. Do not fan them (hold the trigger while thumbing the hammer) and always go from half cock to full cock if applicable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.