[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Christopher Nolan's new WW2 movie "Dunkirk"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: NolanDunkirk.jpg (32KB, 300x448px) Image search: [Google]
NolanDunkirk.jpg
32KB, 300x448px
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(2017_film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM9BWtppzko

Well?
>>
Fuck off to /tv/ desu sempai baka.
>>
>>32043834
nope
>>
File: British cowardice.jpg (25KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
British cowardice.jpg
25KB, 400x226px
>>32043528
So the plot is how those brave British ran away?
BRAVELY RAN AWAY AWAY, RAN THOSE BRAVE BRITONS
WHEN DANGER REARED IT'S UGLY HEAD THEY BRAVELY TURNED THEIR TALE AND FLED
BRAVEST OF THE BRAVE THOSE BRAVE BRITONS
THOSE BRAVE BRITISH TURNED ABOUT AND GALLANTLY THEY CHICKENED OUT!
BRAVE BRAVE BRAVE THOSE BRAVE BRITONS
QUICKLY TAKING TO THEIR FEET THEY BEAT A VERY BRAVE RETREAT!
BRAVEST OF THE BRAVE THOSE BRITONS!
>>
>>32043528
I can't wait!

Chris is gonna make a great movie.
>>
File: 1478525234350.jpg (73KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1478525234350.jpg
73KB, 592x492px
>>32043528
>Entire military retreats full scale from an allied country in need
>Relies on the citizens they're deserting to the Nazis to successfully run away
>Leave the French to fight and die to the Germans as the Brits tuck their tails between their legs and run off
>Heroic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

What's next, the heroic siegers at Badajoz?! How they heroically raped children and shot their commanding officers due to butthurt at taking casualties?
More likely the heroic and patriotic tale of the Battle of Singapore! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Singapore
Wer a poppy fer dese eros.
>>
>>32045838
strategic withdrawal. regroup and hit back harder. stay and take total losses so unable to strike back. not into military strategy are we?
>>
>>32045838
Nice bait
>>
Things WW2 movie #6347 is guaranteed to have:

>evil racist Nazis
>sob story from an oppressed Jew
>redundant love story
>female in said love story will break down in tears even though she's perfectly safe at home
>main character looking around as Brothers in Arms die in slow motion
>scene of a memorial or Vetran's names in the credits that make you unsure if you can leave the theater or not
>>
>>32045838
Britain didn't do fuck all in WW2, yet has this bizarre nationalism about how they "won" it

disgusting
>>
>>32043528
Another shitty attempt at perfidious albion PR

Just like how the moronic Light Brigade charge got turned into a timeless tale of courage.
>>
>>32047104
Pretty much, although the 2nd one makes so little sense in this particular movie that they may not find a way to sneak it in
>>
>>32047140
>Just like how the moronic Light Brigade charge got turned into a timeless tale of courage.
Light Brigade was a communications fuckup, not moronic. Unless you consider obeying retarded orders regardless moronic, in which case most of the history of warfare is moronic. Which is possibly true.
>>
>>32047189

Why do people call the Charge of The Light Brigade a "disaster"? They won! They captured the Russian guns, and losses were about 1/6 of the unit - not trivial but hardly the wholesale Somme Day One massacre it's popularly made out to be. It should be a watchword for the ability to succeed with determination, alongside the Charge of the Heavy Brigade and the Thin Red Line at the same battle making a trinity of triumph.
>>
I don't know my history on this particular battle.

But Chris Nolan usually puts out some good shit. My guess is 8/10.
>>
>>32049003
This post will be indicative of popular opinion. Screencap this post.
>>
File: Baneposting patch eu FLIGHT #.png (135KB, 800x805px) Image search: [Google]
Baneposting patch eu FLIGHT #.png
135KB, 800x805px
>>32043528
Depends on how many big guys there will be
>>
>>32049064
What did he mean by this?

Seriously I watch a lot of war documentaries. I just don't know the particulars, and I know /k/ gets assmad if not historically accurate.

I meant to say they will probably fuck some things up, but that's Hollywood.
>>
>>32043528
How are we supposed to know? It hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>32047141

Plenty of Jews served in the British army during this period.
>>
>>32049086
Ai pls
>>
>>32047123
>What is the St Nazaire Raid for 200, Alex?
>>
>>32047123
>Britain didn't do fuck all in WW2

Without Britain we wouldn't have had a suitable staging area for the invasion of Western Europe, nor strategic bombing. IF we won WW2 without them, postwar Europe would have almost certainly been entirely under the control of the Soviet Union.
>>
>>32047123
Well that entire bit of cutting off The Italian/German control of French Algerian Oil Fields and ultimate control of the Suez which would've led to the Axis leaning Turkey having greater supply line axis and heavily Axis leaning Iran possible joining was a hell of a bit that Britain accomplished.
>>
>>32043528
Only of they pick a better name then "dune church".
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.