[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone I've been bugging people in gear threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (416KB, 1493x907px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
416KB, 1493x907px
Hello everyone

I've been bugging people in gear threads for a few days about multi-purpose pistol pouches. My reasoning is that I'm experimenting with my ammosexuality right now and if I could find a way to save a few bucks for ammo that'd be great. I ended up buying (from left to right) a Blue Forece Gear Single Belt Pouch, HSGI P-TACO, and G-Code Scorpion.

The Blue Force Gear is just some type of elastic material. That's it. Very simple (but still costs $20 for some reason).

The HSGI is well known. It's plastic outer edges with Cordua on the front and back with bungee cord. Tension can be adjusted by loosening or tightening the cord stop.

The G-Code is two plastic pieces held together with bungee cord. It can be adjusted in the same way as the HSGI. The inside is lined with their tactical fuzz.
>>
File: 2.jpg (403KB, 1473x915px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
403KB, 1473x915px
>>32035043

The BFG and HSGI use the same type of hook and loop fastener to attach to your belt. The BFG loops are pretty small and feel kind of wimpy. Some more hard use will see if they work well or not.

The HSGI loops are larger and seem to hold on pretty tightly. I found the easiest way was to just close the loops in the tightest position and then thread them through my belt.

The G-Code has a hard loop which is generally what I would prefer for gear I'm mounting on a belt. The inside has hook and loop to hold it extra secure I guess.
>>
File: 3.jpg (375KB, 1139x843px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
375KB, 1139x843px
>>32035094

Please forgive using my Shield magazine. I wanted to give a good height reference and my other P226 magazines have arrived yet.

The BFG and HSGI magazines sit at almost the same height. The also held pretty close to my body (which I couldn't figure out how to get a good picture of).

The G-code sits much higher and further away from the body. Which depending on your set up might be good, I guess. But for my purposes it felt like it was hanging too far out.
>>
This really just makes me sad that I don't have a sewing machine anymore. One trip to hobby lobby and you could make more of these things than you would know what to do with.

I'm gonna go think about rawhide vs kydex now
>>
File: BFG.gif (3MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
BFG.gif
3MB, 270x480px
>>32035134

For retention, I was a little surprised all of them 'failed' holding a loaded upside-down magazine. For the BFG there was nothing to adjust. It held a little but without much effort, the magazine came out.
>>
File: HSGI.gif (1MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
HSGI.gif
1MB, 270x480px
>>32035186

I set the renention a little higher than I normally would for competition so that I took a little more effort to get the magazine out or in. It held the magazine pretty good, but once it started going there was no stopping it.
>>
File: Gcode.gif (3MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gcode.gif
3MB, 270x480px
>>32035238

After the HSGI I had pretty high hopes for the G-Code. The amount of effort it took was closer to the BFG than the HSGI. The magazine came out without much effort. I would be worries about it coming out while running or other movements.
>>
File: BFGResize.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
BFGResize.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>32035251

Getting the magazine out was easy and smooth from the BFG. Forgive the faggy finger roll I kept doing for some reason. I anticipated the issue I had next though, as the BFG immediately squeezes shut so getting the magazine back in requires a little digging. Nothing crazy, but just not as smooth as a kydex pouch.
>>
>>32035186
why are you surprised that onesize fits all cloth pouches have mediocre retention
>>
>>32035273

No issues getting the magazine out with the HSGI either. The plastic sides help keep the pouch open a little so getting the magazine back in took a quick dig. Easy to do one handed and without looking.
>>
File: HSGIDraw.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
HSGIDraw.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>32035303

Dammit bobby this is why we can't have nice things.

>>32035298

Even the hard shell pouch had poor retention. It was a surprise because HSGI is so widely recommended. I know my 'test' doesn't necessarily accurately mimic any real life situation, but it was a still a bit surprising.
>>
Really good thread
You could do rifle pouches next
>>
File: GcodeDraw.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
GcodeDraw.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>32035331

And finally the G-Code. No issues getting the magazine out and because it's hard plastic and stays open, no issues getting it back in either.

So there's my quick stupid review if anyone cares. I'm going to use all three pouches for my next USPSA and IDPA matches and see how the work in real life.
>>
>>32035169
Got a template to make mag pouches? My sister got sewing machine in her closet and there's a nearby fabric store i could check out.
>>
>>32035169
You might be able to make the BFG on a sewing machine, but not the others. The Taco's whole design relies on an injection-molded plastic component, and the fabric parts would be a bitch to sew. (I suspect you'd need an industrial machine to punch through all those layers of ballistic nylon.)

Anyway, I like the Taco a lot, I haven't tried the others. I used one as a multitool sheath and carried it at work every day for a few years, and it was great.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.