[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this thing cause it was on sale. Did I do good? ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4199.png (400KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4199.png
400KB, 750x1334px
I bought this thing cause it was on sale. Did I do good?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-instigator-compound-bow-package-powered-by-bowtech/1750854.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcompound-bows%2F_%2FN-1100005%2FNo-0%2FNs-MIN_SALE_PRICE%3FDB%3Dwhateverwhatever%26WT.mc_id%3DGOOGLE%257Carc_Bows_Compound%252BBows%257CUSA%26WT.srch%3D1%26WT.tsrc%3DPPC%26WT.z_mc_id1%3D43700004736540278%26WTz_stype%3DGNU%26recordsPerPage%3D18
>>
have you ever used a bow before? Like really used one outside of summercamp?
>>
>>32027976

I used my friend's bow once, 60 pound pull
>>
>>32028122
well, read up on how to use a compound right. Although a compound is more "user friendly" in aspects, there are things you should be careful with it, such as twisting the string while drawing it may pop it out of the cam/wheel and shit will snap.
If you need to do any sort of maintenance on the compound, you'll actually need specialized tools or a place to service them.

Also, research up the correct arrow and arrow spine to use. Last thing you want is to have an arrow shatter into your hand.
>>
>>32028205

I picked the right weight and length arrow for me... I read something that said the spine is not something for beginners to worry about.

Plz explain spine
>>
>>32028217
The most simplest explanation is the tougher the spine, the less it flexes and bends as it is released. If you go for way too weak a spine, the shaft will not be able to take it and just shatter (I'm talking unenforced carbon fiber). But in the ballpark of acceptable numbers, if you go fully into archery, you pretty much fine tune and see which spine and total grain calculation goes into a good shooting arrow that plays off your bow well. Too stiff a spine might not fly right, too weak a spine might not be too stable.
I guess best way to put it is finding a good load and variations for your specific gun.
>>
>>32028229

Thanks m8
>>
>>32028229
and to add, just get acceptable arrows for now. Stores should have correct arrows for whatever weight they can handle or online calculators will throw out numbers for you if you're going to order them online.
Go out there and practice form.
When you're able to be very consistent, then you should start moving into the more complicated stuff.
Besides, a compound bow will give you instant distance vs. traditional/recurve, so really focus in your body/form. You got to get to a point where the very moment you release an arrow, you know and realize you did something right or something wrong before the arrow even hits the target.
Bad form gives rise to bad habits and possible self-harm.
>>
>>32028244
and practice doesn't make perfect.
practice makes permanent
>>
>>32028379
Is this bow an okay purchase though? And should I stillhave the shop set it up or can I do it all myself
>>
>>32030094
Have the shop do it, it shouldnt cost that much and they'll do it correctly.
>>
>>32027962

dont listen to anyone else in this thread.

crank that bitch up to 80lbs. grab some decent aluminum shafts at the right length (probably around 28 inches). get some field tips and some broadheads. go out and shoot field tips until your 2nd fiber optic sight is good to go at 40 yards. switch to broadheads then put it in the closet until next September when deer season opens.

congratulations, you're now a bowhunter fag.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.