[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, 18 y.o. going on 19 y.o. fag here. I'll be compl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Hello, 18 y.o. going on 19 y.o. fag here. I'll be completely honest with this post. I've been interested in becoming a PJ since for about 6 or 7 years now. It was a dream of mine for a while until I gave up, I gave up on joining the military entirely because I was morbidly obese. For the past 6 months or so I have done nothing but diet and exercise and have gone down from almost 300 lbs to about 235 lbs. This may sound like a lot but I'm only at 23% bodyfat right now. My goal weight is about 220 lbs. I have decided that I would apply myself to whatever extent it takes to realize my dream of becoming a PJ. I've been looking over the requirements on the Air Force's website and was hoping you guys could help me sort out what these mean

"Qualifications

Successful completion of the Pararescue physical ability and stamina test
Minimum score of 60 on PJ selection model completed in Tailored Adaptive Personality Assessment System
Physical qualification for aircrew, parachute and marine-diving duty
Qualification and proficiency as a static line and military freefall parachutist and as a military SCUBA diver
Certification from the National Registry for Emergency Medical Technicians
Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit"

source https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/pararescue

What goals should I be aiming for? Will they even let me in? I spoke to an Army recruiter a few months ago and they said they wouldn't even speak to me unless I weighed 190 lbs or less, but that isn't physically possible for me. I'm only 6 feet tall but I've always been bulky and muscular. I've been told if a doctor says I'm healthy I can get a waiver, is this true? I'm not asking for you guys to do my homework for me, just asking if you could help me sort this out. Any info pertaining to Pararescue is welcome.
>>
>>32027218
> I weighed 190 lbs or less
Then get down to 190

>but that isn't physically possible for me
yes it is

> I'm only 6 feet tall but I've always been bulky and muscular.
Cool, and if you walked in there with 235lbs of muscle, they wouldn't have turned you away
>>
Hire a lawyer, delete Facebook, and hit the gym.
>>
>>32027218
>"I spoke to an Army recruiter a few months ago and they said they wouldn't even speak to me unless I weighed 190 lbs or less"

You must have found one shitty recruiter, there was this one guy who went to the office I enlisted at and they helped him drop from 250 to 205.
>>
>>32027218
You sound so gay and fat. "I can't be under 190 I'm 6 foot"
>>
>>32027735
thats my kind of fitness program
>>
>>32027783
They just threatened to stop talking to him if he didn't go to weekly PT and didn't come in at a lighter weight every week. Guess he wanted it bad enough.
>>
>>32027547
235lb of muscle on a 6 foot tall guy is either top 0.01% of male genetic capability or juicy/roiding

>>32027218
Regardless of the following post, losing 65 pounds is commendable. You did it bro! Keep going cause you can't stop now!
I get you got big joints, but 190 is achievable unless you started weight-lifting in your pre-teens (or as said above, roiding). I think you're severely underestimating your bodyfat, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Get as close as you can to 190 and if possible see another recruiter.
If you're truly 23% bf, you can do 215lb pounds easily after losing 65. 15% body fat is good enough for the Army and easily achievable, though it gets much harder once you get into single digits bf.
And if you're juicing, stop; it's not worth it, unless you're a (or aspiring) top athlete in a sport there is absolutely no reason to juice.

>>32027863
Reminds me of a joke, there are three ways to do something:
The Stupid Way
The Smart Way
And...
The Military Way

Any loss greater than 2 pounds per week burns more muscle than fat unless extremely obese. He must have gone through hell if "lighter weight every week" is taken at face value, given that through the week, we variate ~4 pounds in weight through water retention, (lack of/just recent) bowel movements, and what-not.
>>
>>32027715
Why delete facebook and hire a lawyer? I'm sure it has something to do the special forces nature of this yeah?

>>32029720
>>32027768
I didn't believe it at first either, but I've done the electrical testing and used calipers and I always get low 20s%. I'm going to try and get my weight as low as possible though. Should I contact a recruiter as soon as I can or should I hold off until I'm in better shape? I suppose it is his job to sort this shit out for me
>>
>>32027218
Get your disgusting fat-body to the gym and live there for the next two years. Then when you are reasonable fit join the regular army infantry. Their IF (big if) you make it through basic and still think you can hang with the PJs sign up for it. After you wash out you can go back to picking grass out of the sidewalks but at least you'll be somewhat fit.
>>
>>32029865
/K/ has military, but your best bet is to find an actual army forum or the army plebbit sub-reddit. Otherwise here are two good reads:

https://www.army.mil/article/84224
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/04/fat_soldiers.html

I would personally wait until I have at least 18% bf, but I don't know your finances or goals. Ask on the army plebbit or even talk to one of their recruiters about it, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help.
>>
File: 1467688547614.jpg (139KB, 1600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1467688547614.jpg
139KB, 1600x1061px
>>32027218
>What goals should I be aiming for?

Drink only water
Watch your sugar and carb intake
Run about 1.5-2 miles a day
Consider getting your EMT-B, so your recruiter knows you have a medical background and are serious about a career field with an 85% attrition rate.

Good Luck OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.