[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are the titans viable in the modern day battle field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Titan_Size_Chart.jpg (98KB, 807x489px) Image search: [Google]
Titan_Size_Chart.jpg
98KB, 807x489px
are the titans viable in the modern day battle field?

picture related
>>
In the old Canon they were much larger, like walking giant castles
>>
>>32017568
Some still are. Imperator is fucking HUEG.
>>
>>32017554
They would need a huge amount of infantry support but I imagine if you want to systematically destroy a city and its resistance to absolute rubble without nbc weapons they might work quite well.
>>
Remember reading some being 200+ meters, brb with sauce
>>
The main advantage of Titans is mounting void shields, those make them damn near invulnerable to everything except other titans and naval bombardments.

THen you just nuke cities from the horizon.
>>
>>32017554
I like mechs, but basic physics disallows their existence.

Just tip it ove and the crew dies...even in the 40k novels they mention that if a warhound titans falls or trips over, it's basically death, and 40k has bulshit mahic anti grav technology and shit.

Basically every battle tech mech and gundum from anime can be destroyed just by falling over on hard ground.
>>
>>32017808
That's the problem, they have bullshit scifi magic shields, otherwise a mech is just a large target for air strikes, artillery and everything else
>>
>>32017785
A number of sources list varying heights for Warlord Battle Titans. Direct statements about Warlord height include 33 meters,[4] 40 meters,[16] 60 meters,[7a][12] and even 200 meters (656 feet).
>>
File: 1392063590928.jpg (287KB, 1294x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1392063590928.jpg
287KB, 1294x1200px
>>32017830
A titan being able to walk in the first place would require bullshit sci-fi technology, so it's okay.
>>
The only problem is the addictive withdrawal symptoms the pilots have when they leave their titans. Once they're forced out of the control center they're almost completely useless and every waking moment is spent in therapy detaching them from the bond they still have with their titan.
>>
there is literally no scenario where putting wherever weapons you'd like to use on a rolling, static, or even flying platform would not be infinitely more reliable than a much

not to mention distribution adds automatic redundancy- which is easier to hit, one mech carrying 1000 guns or 1000 tanks with one gun each

basically a mech is what you add to your at when you know you've won, they know it, & all that needs to be demonstrated is how vicious exactly a buttfucking they're in for if they do anything other than surrender unconditionally

biggest Fuck You, Biatch on the battlefield
>>
>>32018069
And best of all is if the mech has hands with articulated fingers to show rude gestures to the enemy.

Imagine the last thing you see being one of the titans in the OP flipping you the bird with both hands while firing it's weapons.
>>
>>32018227
Kinda hard for your CO not to notice you making jerk off motions behind his back when said jerk off motions takes the energy output of a WWII destroyer tho
>>
>>32017554
They could be easily countered by giant ewoks
>>
>>32019732
>Be innatitan, waiting for orbital drop on some backwater industrial planet
>Utter tool of our CO is giving a speech
>Blah blah blah, values of the Federation, you're the lords of the battlefield, w/e
>Forget neural link is active, make jack off gesture when he isn't looking
>Whir of gears as the reactor spins up, sirens start blaring
>Fuel lines are ripped from the arm, coating the ordnance being loaded
>Feel a twinge on my knuckles as I accidentally destroy the scaffolding and kill half my mech crew
>Extinguishers start going off automatically, emergency crew on its way, CO looking my way
>Ohshit. Try to snap my arm back into the fueling frame. Go a little to hard and produce shower of sparks
>"Anon, you have something to say?"
>Sparks ignite the fuel and detonate a crate of cluster missiles, decimating the emergency crew
>N-no sir, just eager to kill some xenos
>Thought so.
>Spend three weeks on that stupid planet looking for xenos that clearly left lunar cycles ago
>Tool bag CO going on about modern day spartans the whole time

Hate this unit desu
>>
>>32017971
I would just go rogue and become the titan
>>
>>32020316
That was a good read.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.