[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell my dad about wanting to get a Mosin? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

File: post election map fix.png (35KB, 359x289px) Image search: [Google]
post election map fix.png
35KB, 359x289px
How do I tell my dad about wanting to get a Mosin? He's kind of a christian-cuck (muh 10 commandments) about having a gun in the house but isn't an anti-gunner libtard.
>>
>>32002828
Oregon is not communist, we're woke as fuck.
>>
>>32002828
Say it's a historical piece for collecting.
>>
>>32002828
That maps not right
>>
>>32002828
I must of missed where the Bible was antigun in Sunday School as a boy.

I'm an atheist now, but what raised a Christian. Literally how does religion come into gun ownership?
>>
>>32002844
>But anon why though?
>>
>>32002828
Just buy one
>>
>>32002858
You need reading comprehension.
>>
>>32002836
>Oregon is not communist, we're woke as fuck.
Give or take 20 square miles yes. The same can probably be said for Washington also, the only problem is that cum guzzlers are pack animals and they all like to live on top of each other.
>>
>>32002858
He's a born-again, ex-catholic, ex-hippie.
>>
>>32002858
Guns specifically? No.

However, Jesus did say he was bringing the peace of the sword and that a man should sell his shit to buy a sword if he did not have one.

I don't remember the exact passages or their location and I'm too damn lazy to google for you.
>>
>>32002871
How... he said 10 commandments in relation to a gun in the house.

Heed thy own advice.
>>
>>32002928
Re read it please.
>>
>>32002928
thou shat not kill
>>
File: remove nyc.png (52KB, 586x408px) Image search: [Google]
remove nyc.png
52KB, 586x408px
>>32002828
we'd be red if it weren't for nyc
and there are better choices than a mosin
>>
>>32002890

Luke 22:36: He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

He didn't literally mean for his disciples to go out and buy swords, since he admonishes Peter for drawing a weapon later when the Romans come for him.

The common interpretation you'll find in most concordances is that he meant that their lives were about to go down the toilet for their beliefs, and they had better steel themselves for the coming persecution.
>>
Mosins aren't cheap anymore and neither is their ammo. Spend a little more and get an SKS that shoots 7.62x39.
>>
>>32002890
>Lazy to Google for me

I didn't want to read it to save my soul. It's not laziness I won't do research to quote the Bible for a faggot to prove a point about fiction.

FTFY
>>
Is one of the commandments "Thou shalt not have fun at the range"?
if not he can succ it
>>
>>32002942
War was justified in the Bible you fucking moron.

Or David in Goliath, walls or Jericho, etc. is just being ommited.

I wish religionfags weren't triggered and could actually hold conversation.
>>
>>32002986

Depends if you adhere to Yahweh 1.0 or 2.0. If you're a follower of second version, Jesus had some choice things to say regarding cheeks and living by the sword.
>>
>>32003005
One of the reasons I don't go by it. It's too contradictory. Allows people to pick and choose.

Go slap your gf for cutting her hair, Bible says women shouldn't do that.
>>
>>32002828
>looping PA in with the northeast
>literally the state that hillary needed to win
>she lost PA and conceded minutes later

woops
>>
>>32002986
You just think you know everything because you are euphoric.

Christian's and specifically Christ were we're anti violence. Though they lived in a time when violence was commonplace and might always made right.

That was the most enduring thing about the religion is that they were a community that were passive in the face of violence and persecution.
>>
>>32003117
Messed up Wisconsin too. We went red.
>>
>>32003127
Look what it got them.

Stfu retard. Christian Crusades needs to talk with you.
>>
>>32003153
>look what it got them

It appears that it got them at the head of the table of the richest nations in the world and philosophical stewardship of the greatest modern armies.

I think you are missing the churches on every corner, the, "in god we trust" on every dollar bill, and the millions of slain non believers lying in the dirt of their anti Christian shitholes.
>>
>>32003242

>That was the most enduring thing about the religion is that they were a community that were passive in the face of violence and persecution.

Completely ignores me mentioning Christian Crusades. 3 different campaigns to retake muh Holylands.

That's typical, pick and choose whatever fits your argument and world view.

Does the Bible mention damage control too?
>>
>>32003242
>>32003285

Also non Christian shit holes, bragging about killing them??

Very Christian. I'm an atheist heaven war vet that made that possible while you pontificate life and are holier than thou in safety.

Plus the profanity anon, really?
>>
>>32003285

Not him, but pick-and-choose isn't isolated to religion. Voltaire spent the better part of his life claiming that the enlightenment was upon the world and would lead to a new era of human morality and technology. Instead we got the French Revolution.

You can choose whichever system of ethics or philosophy you want, but it's a safe bet some asshole read it and then murdered a bunch of people in its name.
>>
>>32003285
Christians weren't retarded. The crusades were a major departure from the teachings of the Church and everyone new it at the time including the pope. But they were absolutely nessisary.

The civilized world would have surely been conquered by muslims without them. This happens at a time when the church had taken on a much more political role and with that comes military action. The base tenets still hold true and we're never abandoned. As evidenced by the many centuries of domestic peace enjoyed by western societies.
>>
>>32002958
>if it weren't for the parts where all the people live, we'd be republican.

Good detective work.
>>
>>32003374
I 100% agree with you. It's a pattern in human history.

However I'm disagreeing with his particular argument.

Especially since he's snobby I chose to not believe. I never once bashed the religion, only his argument based on it.

Living in America provides freedom of religion. I should have the freedom not too. It's not the religion I am at odds with, only using it as a justification to ignore logic.
>>
Buy one anyway because if you're old enough to purchase a firearm, you're old enough to do it without parental consent, fool
>>
>>32003430
Wrong, again. You don't need religion to have morals. Psych 101 shit.

Go to /his/ or crack a book, you're wrong about the Crusades also.
>>
>>32003501
I didn't say you need religion to have morals. And I'm not wrong about the crusades.

I think you need to take your own advice there fedora tipper.
>>
>>32002942
The Hebrew version uses the word murder which has very specific connotations than the word kill.
>>
>>32003522
See. Christian relying on name calling. I think you proved my point, I have moral high ground.

You are wrong about Crusades, they weren't going to take over the world.
>>
>>32003442
>everyone lives in NYC
NYC is too large and is an unfair representation of the state
>>
Ask him how you're supposed to crusade.
>>
>>32003005
The turn the other cheek component is used often out of context (like much of the bible). While Jesus did not advocate for reckless violence the offering the other cheek would require a man to strike using his left hand (the hand for cleaning himself and a social taboo to touch anyone with) and there by disgracing himself in public. It was more along the lines of "step up or shut up" in a more current vernacular.
>>
>>32003550
What makes you think I am a Christian.

Oh you thought because I am knowledgeable on the subject and can argue it effectively that I am that thing.

Man you fedora tippers are so basic.
>>
>>32002959
>He didn't literally mean for his disciples to go out and buy swords, since he admonishes Peter for drawing a weapon later when the Romans come for him.
Arguably that was moreso to do with that specific situation and not the idea of self defense. After all, Jesus was going to get himself martyred and needed people to spread the good news and not end up impaled by Roman swords.
>>
>>32003615
You aren't knowledgeable though... quite the opposite.
>>
love!
>>
>>32003635
Easy for you to say after having said nothing.
>>
>>32003598

Or requiring a backhanded slap with the same hand, further illustrating that the follower did not care for pride, since that would have been a particularly humiliating thing to endure in Judaic culture.

Either way, the text immediately after regarding the cloak appears to me that followers were to practice non-resistance.
>>
>>32003701
I'm not arguing you with this anymore. You've said nothing, and religion isn't /k/ related. My entire point from the beginning.
>>
>>32003635
>perpetuates 'le crusades are basically the medieval holocaust meme'
>claims to be knowledgeable on the subject
>>
>>32003759
>wars aren't /k/ related
Yes they are faggot, if you leave the thread now it's because you're an assblasted retard who got btfo by a tripfag, not because you were trying to maintain the culture of the board.
>>
>>32003768
>He's wrong tho.

>That was the most enduring thing about the religion is that they were a community that were passive in the face of violence and persecution.

Knowing he's retarded didn't claim I was an expert. Don't gotta be a chef to know the food taste bad. Imply more.
>>
File: 1478998101991.jpg (44KB, 647x435px)
1478998101991.jpg
44KB, 647x435px
>>32003635
>I R Smart atheist.meme
>Le crusades were so bad right? Dumb Genociding christians XDDDD

Oh yes, I can feel the intelligence just glowing off of your posts
>>
>>32003788
I won the argument, don't like beating dead horses. Put your trip back on.
>>
>>32003833
You're fucking autistic. Go on any board on this site and try the whole "the Crusades were a Christian perpetuated genocide" meme and you'll get blown the fuck out by nearly anybody, not just some autistic tripfag on /k/.
>>
>>32003962

Durr. Doesn't apply. Try again.
>>
>>32003988
But he's right. The majority of devout Christians today are people who actually try and spread love and acceptance to those around them, not fucking crusaders. At least this is the way it is in the communities I've been a part of, and I live in a predominantly Catholic county.
>>
>>32002942
Thought it was more accurately translated to "murder" not "kill"
>>
>>32004097
He's not right (You) aren't right.

Then he says I am claiming some weird genocide shit about Crusades. I'm simply letting you know early Christians weren't pacifists.

If you scrolled thread I participated in our recent wars. I don't give a shit. I'll call a hypocrite a hypocrite tho.
>>
File: 1477150479059.jpg (57KB, 349x451px) Image search: [Google]
1477150479059.jpg
57KB, 349x451px
>>32003635
RELIGION BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>32003571
people make that same argument about the electoral college, but without it you wouldn't be smugly enjoying a Trump victory.
>>
>>32002828
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

—Luke 22:36, NIV
>>
>>32002828
explain that gun ownership isn't the same thing as killing/murder/violence. If anyone breaks into your house you can choose to stand by your(his) christian values and just get raped instead of defend yourself.
>>
File: Farage Trump.png (3MB, 1296x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Farage Trump.png
3MB, 1296x1296px
>>32002828

Jesus and the God Emperor want you armed.
>>
>>32002828
>http://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/

git gud at apologetics and lrn2 win at christianity.

unfortunately, it ISN'T compatible with meme tier /k/ubistic bloodlust ideals about weapons...that unequivocally is against christianity.
>>
>>32002828
Jesus literally said if you dont have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Of course you can get a mosin
>>
File: 1442539395158.jpg (98KB, 499x468px)
1442539395158.jpg
98KB, 499x468px
>>32002828
>Believes self defense is a violation of a commandment

Oh man, he probably also thinks being proud of where you were born is a violation.
Southern (Non-Cuck) Baptist here.
>>
>>32002828

Can you please fuck off with the /pol/ shit
>>
File: IMG_1057.png (127KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_1057.png
127KB, 640x1136px
>>32002858
>>
>>32002828
Woah, hold the fuck on there, slick.
PA went blood red this election.
Suck my cock while I drink Yuengling and watch my iggles play shitty football.
>>
>>32002828
Buy a mosin so he can laugh at you for your purchase. I bet he'll pat you on the head
>Haha, it's ok anon, you tried
>>
>>32006760
Not to bash the Bible but it's important to take into account what it says in the verses before and after the quoted verse in question so you don't lose the context
>>
>>32006752
What the fuck is this pussy ass faggot doing in /k/
>>
>>32006642

Do you seriously believe that the man who, in the text, summed up his entire philosophy as "Love God; Love they Neighbor" would endorse any weapon? He openly advocated selling all worldly possesions and becoming an apostle of his teachings.

Buy a rifle fr target shooting and protecting your family if you like. It's a reasonable thing to do. Just don't look for endoresement from the Son of Man.
>>
>>32002958
Now post the combined population of those blue counties.
>>
>>32002828
Hey
HEY
Mittenstate went ever so slightly red.
>>
File: proRussiami.jpg (1MB, 2048x1363px)
proRussiami.jpg
1MB, 2048x1363px
>>32002858
>Literally how does religion come into gun ownership?
it doesn't, not explicitly any way. The sell your cloak buy a sword refered to the fact that travelers (which the apostles would be) carried weapons for defense, hence Christ is more or less pointing out a simple reality
>>
>>32002828
Thanks for including Virginia in God's chosen even though the hipsters, fags and nig-nogs took us blue this time.
>>
Remove PA we voted for Trump
>>
>>32003005
>Jesus had some choice things to say regarding cheeks and living by the sword.
Luke 22:36, Jesus was for concealed carry.
>>
>>32002836
>Oregon
>woke as fuck
As someone who lives in Portland: no, we aren't.
>>
Jesus healed EVERYONE around him that was hurt.
We don't have the ability to do that yet.

So.... If you break it you buy it I guess.

>>32003153

Jesus also warned that there will be people that will kill in his name thinking they are doing his will and the father's will, but he said they are not.
>>
>>32002958
That's what it's like in every single state though. If we didn't have cities then there wouldn't be any libtards.
>>
>>32007708
>Night /k/, no Jesus bullshit whining

>Day/k/are begins, muh christ

Let's you know what type of people are believers.
>>
>>32007442
>Portland
>Oregon
lmao
>>
>>32007759
As much as you don't consider Portland to be part of Oregon they and the rest of Multnomah County outnumber the rest of you and are the ones who dictate policy in Salem. Tyranny of the majority, my man.
>>
>>32003030
this is one of the most elementary misunderstandings of the bible and even I as an ex-crhistian could disprove it in my sleep. You're likely quoting some line of Leviticus where is says to stone people for wearing two types of cloth. This is true, but these laws were part of a covenant (agreement) that god made with the people at the time to follow and then receive his good grace. When Christ came along he created a new covenant between god and man and his word is the one that is followed. It is also recognized that his word was contextual and can be interpreted in the present different ways and evolves over time. There isn't any picking and choosing the good parts. The old testament is history, not a book on current laws. There's no contradiction because the new testament is the only set of rules.
>>
>>32002828
>Mosins
>the current year
>>
>>32008108
Then Jews literally are smarter and should of killed Jesus. Their laws make more sense.
>>
>>32008117
This. (CURRENT_YEAR - 3) would be fine, but CURRENT_YEAR is a gouge-fest because they aren't as surplus as they used to be and the ammo isn't dirt cheap anymore. You might as well spend $100 more on a modern gun unless you really give a shit about >muh history
>>
>>32008148
its true that jews follow a version of the christian old testament but they also don't follow these old covenants and also recognize that their holy text is a living work that evolves over time. Many of their most common laws (the ones involving the consumption of certain animals) are not necessarily logical but are followed more to show dedication and instill self-discipline.
>>
File: 1474303495567.jpg (48KB, 240x260px)
1474303495567.jpg
48KB, 240x260px
>>32002828
>WI voted Trump
>is labeled as cucks
u fuckin wot m8
>>
>Mosin
>in 2016

Aren't Mosins not the best of bolt-action mil-surp rifles?
>>
>>32011124
They're a step above the Carcano.
>>
my dad is in a similar boat. he wants a "big rifle just to scare looters away"

I say if you can afford better just get a Yugo Mauser. ammo is more expensive but that doesn't matter if you're not hitting the range once a month, and for most people they're easier to shoot than mosins.
>>
>>32002862
Its what I told my grandpa and that got him into guns.
>>
Sell your cloak and buy a sword.

Literally self defense.
>>
>>32002828
Michigan is red now, Trump won with 13k more votes.
>>
>>32008069
Same can be said about Seattle.
Those coffee drinking faggots ruined the rest of the state.
>>
>>32007725
>If we didn't have cities then there wouldn't be any libtards.
IMO that's the one silver lining of the prospect of nuclear war.

They're all bunched up where the nukes are guaranteed to hit them.
>>
>>32011211

Yes anon, that's why Jesus and his disciples went down in a blaze of glory, killing as many Romans as they could in the Jotapata. Then, when they realized there was no way out, they each agreed to off one another until there was no man left standing, except for Jesus's earthly step-father Joseph.

He eventually became Flavius Josephus, and the rest is history.
>>
Not going out and buyig a gun regardless of your parents,
>me
>18th birthday
>saved up $1800 bought a wasr10/63 and a bushmaster xm15 (before remshit bought the company)
>used the rest to buy ammo
>mom walks in one day whilst i cleaned my guns
>she looked a little shocked but she was pretty chill "just please be safe with those anon"
>dad liked to brag to his friends i had an arsenal even though it was just the 2 rifles at the time
>dad never was into guns like me but i always felt like he was proud i kind of did that on my own
>am now a happy owner of about $16000 worth of guns lol
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 58x95px)
images.jpg
4KB, 58x95px
>>32002828
we're not full on fag
>>
>>32002836
>>not commies
>minimum wage
>liberals
>welfare

You claim doesn't really stack up lad...
>>
>>32002828
What does being Christian have to do with not allowing guns? I'm Christian, go to church regularly and I have 21 guns.

>>32002959
That's because peter wouldn't have stood and chance and because Jesus needed to fulfill the prophecy, at least that's my understanding.
>>
>>32002942
It's "thou shalt not murder."

>>32002962
Spend a little more and get an AK instead of the SKS. Those Veprs in 54r are a shit ton of fun though.
>>
>>32002836
>woke
Your vocabulary states otherwise
>>
>>32012419
Fuck if I know.
>>
>>32006752

hes got a point since when is k pol tho
>>
>>32003571
NYC is basically the state. Everything else is just wilderness that happens to have weird people living in it. You think when people hear New York they think of Rochester?
>>
>>32002942
It's murder.. I really don't like when people are like "uhh, the Bible says though shall not kill", it's murder, going out and just killing someone for no reason is murder..

Both of my parents were pro gun, it's just that we never really had money to buy one..

btw, the Old Testament had some fucked up shit, like elija ripping babies out of the mothers womb before they were born..

( on the side note, ifb churches are really fucked up, like /b/ fucked up.. )
>>
File: 1468307647279.jpg (24KB, 393x386px) Image search: [Google]
1468307647279.jpg
24KB, 393x386px
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, LIBERATE MASSACHUSSETTS
>>
>>32012749
Dude, im in the same boat, not happening any time soon
>>
>>32002862
If it's a Finnish Mosin, you could say how it defended against godless athiest bolsheviks
>>
>>32012776
>godless athiest
broken record???
>>
>>32012409
Watch it, man, more people here in NY voted for Trump than the rest of New England Combined.

But I'm not going to try to move the goalposts and claim we're in freedom land.
>>
>>32012939
gotta drive home the persuasion, anon
>>
>>32002828
Tell him to read the annotations on the 10 commandments in the bible.

Tho shalt not *murder.

Killing is just fine, murder is not.
>>
>>32004366
Jesus is a bong?
>>
File: VJOp3.png (88KB, 1300x670px)
VJOp3.png
88KB, 1300x670px
>>32002828
How has nobody posted the real map, yet?
>>
>>32014762
I'm from Wisconsin. Why is Michigan pink? Lmao.
>>
File: 1422210205535.gif (1MB, 346x261px)
1422210205535.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>32002942
>shat
>>
>>32002828
Tell him you're pretty sure the Lord is okay with hunting. ×54R is a good hunting round and hunting is totally a plausible excuse for a retardedly hardy bolt-action rifle.
>>
>>32014774

It is expected to go Trump but hasn't been called because of absentee ballots, early ballots, and recounts.
>>
>>32014834
Faggots better of went red, or I'm taking the upper peninsula.
>>
>>32002828

>step up and confront him
>he refuses
>move out of his home and do the fuck you want

At least thats what you should do, if you are a man, OP.
>>
>>32014762
>Nevada

damnit, Im so disappointed in my state. Many are saying we've gone full blue.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.