[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news /2016/nov/14/gun-control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

File: 1479006619775.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1479006619775.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/14/gun-control-donald-trump-congress-concealed-carry-law

>If Congress passes a federal right-to-carry law, New York tourists could find themselves able to carry concealed weapons around the city

>Advocates say they expect Congress to finally pass a sweeping gun rights law that could dismantle local gun-carrying restrictions in states including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, California and Hawaii.

>Trump, who himself has a permit to carry a concealed firearm, has already endorsed a new reciprocity law as part of his gun rights platform. Concealed-carry permits from one state “should be valid in all 50 states”, his platform reads, calling the proposal “common sense”.
>>
Looking forward to this and possible removal of silencers from the NFA
>>
File: 1448270474053.jpg (139KB, 750x604px) Image search: [Google]
1448270474053.jpg
139KB, 750x604px
>>32001590
>>
File: 1478676197825s.jpg (9KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478676197825s.jpg
9KB, 245x250px
GOOD MORNING
>>
>>32001590

So as a NY resident could I apply for a Utah non resident permit and then be allowed to carry in NY skipping all the 6 month wait BS?
>>
>>32001971
I hope Utah is ready for the influx in traffic.
>>
>>32001680
If that happens I would love a live feed of Cuomo and Feinstein
>>
>>32002006
I'd love to see that as well since I live in Jew York State I'd love to see his fucking tears, is it possible to buy his tears then use them as lube to jack off, I'd probably jack off watching the video of Cuomo the Homo crying
>>
>>32001590

>common sense

We are finally getting the common sense gun reform liberals have been asking for.
>>
>>32001990

>Utah has roughly 8 times its population in registered CCW holders

Dankest timeline
>>
>>32001636
"common sense" triggers me.
>>
>>32002121
Based Utah
>>
>>32001636
How can one man be so fucking based?
>>
File: 1478686771833.png (185KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1478686771833.png
185KB, 410x410px
>>32001590
>calling the proposal, "common sense".
HAHAHAHAHAHA, LIKE THAT, LIBERALS?
>>
>>32004421
So gun control means forcing the states to allow access?
>>
>>32006194

National reciprocity only means that all states must recognize each others permits. NY natives won't get shit.

Don't get to excited until you hear more from the House or Senate though. They'll have to pass any legislation before the executive can sign it.
>>
>>32006194
Gun control means forcing the states to follow the US constitution which they all agreed to when the country was formed.
>>
GLORY TO TRUMP, SAVE US FROM SAFE AND CUOMO. DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT UP WITH THE MEMES. LORD AND SAVIOR KEK PLEASE SHINE YOUR GRACE ON EMPEROR TRUMP AND DELIVER US FROM SAFE. PLEASE KEK RETURN THE EVIL BACK TO THE SHADOWS WHERE IT BELONGS
>>
BUT WHAT ABOUT SILENCERS AND SBRS THATS WHAT WERE ALL WAITING FOR?!
>>
>>32006246
No, just circumvent it with a utah legally. Its out of state legal thus itll be fine. I mean its cheeky and i dont want to be a test case but if this works then it does legally work.
>>
>>32006261
This. Someone plz respond
>>
>>32006285

> NYC
> Stop-and-frisk capitol

I'd pass on wearing in the city since NYPD can be assholes with relative impunity.
>>
>>32006261
>they make the NFA only apply to FA and DDs
I'd cream my pants
>>
We need the HPA passed as well.

No more NFA paperwork for silencers
>>
>>32006306
If your white then who cares. If its legal then dont be an idiot. Id carry it in my bag till night time or some cheeky business to deal with. Be confident and be smart is ALWAYS the answer here
>>
>>32006307
>autism: the pic
Is that Felicia Day on the left?
>>
>>32006315
>if you're white
but I'm not
>>
>>32006326
Argentinian?
>>
>>32006336
Black as coal
>>
>>32006257
The supremacy clause <3
>Article VI, Clause 2

>but but but it's not about reciprocity

I don't understand why CCW aren't treated like Drivers Licenses. Liberals are fucking autist and we should put them all under special care, fucking snowflakes.
>>
>>32006326
Well your fucked i guess. As for me i have to move to NJ so ill just somehow get a CC here and you get the idea.
>>
>>32006339
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>32006285

Wouldn't NY just require you to get their new shall-issue but crazily expensive in-state permit? That's how it works with drivers licenses anyway.
>>
>>32006351
I know.
>>32006348
I just kinda hate the "fuck you I got mine" mentality a lot of /k/ seems to have while supposedly saying they're for everyone having weapons for defense, but meh, just drinking and dreaming I guess
>>
>>32006386
>>32006392
Well lets be 100% real. Ny state will NEVER give up safe and NYC will never be a carry area. Cuomo owns it and he'll never give it up. The liberals will never allow it. Hell if you have an ny state carry/ownership you cant go into the city even to pass through. Also vice versa. The fuck you i can mentality is the one we have because thats how the country works. Non cucked states are like that, cucked states are like that..
>>
>>32006513

>NY will never drop SAFE

don't worry, the SCOTUS will take care of that.
>>
>>32006612
Its a dream but itll never happen. We are still living in reality though it might not feel that way.
>>
Pls no more nfa for sbs and sbr
>>
>>32006612

DC vs Heller did jack shit for DC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are now 3 more suits being brought at the appellate level to try and get the state/city/whatever the fuck DC is to actually follow the law.

Remember how hard it was for the Feds to get local and state governments out west to follow the Feds rules? Seems like it's spreading east.
>>
>>32006794

The issue in DC is that there is like exactly 1 FFL in the entire city IIRC. If SAFE get's struck down they literally cannot prosecute you if you have a tactical.. er.. normal? AR.
>>
Utah resident here, we made our laws so that you have to have ccw from your home state before you get one of ours; this is fairly recent change iirc. If your home state doesn't have one then maybe you can just get one, idk. If it is national reciprocation then ours isn't that special anymore and you could get one from anywhere close.

Asuming they are cool with my past misdemeanours, I should be getting mine within a month. Then I can go from nogunz to allgunz, so hyped.
>>
>>32007706
Washington CPL holder here. I can't wait to be able to take a road trip to California without disarming myself.
>>
>>32004106
As long as you niggers dont steal our fry sauce
>>
>>32007706
It depends on how the law it written. If there's certain requirements for training/classroom time then the Utah one will still be valid. If there isn't a requirement for that then everyone will just get Florida permits.
>>
Based trump. Please help us here in cali
>>
>>32001590
>calling the proposal “common sense”
Ooohhhhhhhhh I bet the gun grabbers are going to get real fucking sick of that phrase over the next few years. Love that he's already using their language against them.
>>
>>32006285
I think most states require their residents yo hold an in state peremit in order to carry
>>
>>32006339
Have you considered suicide, jerome?
>>
>>32007798
>implying we shouldn't institutionalize fry sauce on a federal level
>>
>>32004106
>>32002121
>>32007798
>John Moses Browning
>out of state ccw permits
>voted for Trump
How can one state be so based?
>>
>>32001590
Common sense gun control that actualy makes sense.

Wew lad
>>
Shitily didily do... right when I'm about to leave Hawaii, well... I guess I can stay for a little while longer..
>>
>giving the feds more power
>trumping states rights
nah fuck off

this is why i voted johnson
>>
>>32010670
State's rights only apply to shit that isn't specifically listed in the constitution.
>>
The nfa should on be for destructive devices like explosives or poison pens and other shit. Full auto, sbr, sbs, and suppressors should not be on the nfa.
>>
>>32001590

>republicans passing things that override states

That's not how it works OP, unfortunately it wouldn't make it to Trump's desk.

Republicans favor State's rights over Government mandates, so they'll friendly fire their own bill into the ground.
>>
>>32010670
States don't have the right to ignore the constitution.
>>
>>32010735

Yes, for Republicans they absolutely do.

Hence why Trump is leaving abortion up to the States.
>>
>>32001590
Isnt this a bad idea? I like the idea, but when gungrabbers take power they can change the existing law to make CC harder throughout the country.
>>
mainstream conservatives won't let this work it's way to the states unless trump issues an EO which is why im kinda wishing he did drain the swamp and work to oust a lot of sitting senators
>>
File: YEEEEAAAAHHH.gif (4MB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
YEEEEAAAAHHH.gif
4MB, 320x220px
>>32001590
Thats fucking impressive!

>>32001636
>common sense
>libruls

I see what Trump did there
>>
>>32010670
>Gary Johnson
You realize he found himself a sweet gig where he gets paid to smoke weed right? The guy doesn't want to be president
>>
>>32010670

Won't make it past proposal. Republicans don't fuck with state discretion generally speaking, and Dem states will still subvert it.
>>
>>32010757
It would be just as easy for them to write the opposite law without this law ever being in place
>>
>>32010757

They can amend it to basically reverse it, especially if they piggy back on the next big tragedy after Trump's term.

The same logic to pass the legislature can be reversed and used to suppress rights.

Which would render CCW restricted across all states.
>>
>>32010791
I see. I'm not American so I won't claim to be an expert.
>>
CCW in CA sounds like a mistake imo

I live in Ventura County where it's already legal through some relatively simple but costly procedures. But in places like LA that would just be an absolute fucking nightmare if every gang toting hipster nignog and cholo were carrying shit. Talk about a horror story waiting to happen.
>>
>>32010920

you're a faggot

Why would this help a gangster commit crimes? How would it come in handy for selling drugs, stealing shit, etc? Why would they care about permits for any reason? They don't even bother with drivers licenses.
>>
>>32010920
They said there would be rivers of blood in the streets when CC was introduced. I have yet to see that happen.
>>
>>32010920
Mostly this>>32010980

>have criminal records
>can't spell dmv, much less file paperwork
>will never spend money on something that isn't tangible
>>
>>32001590
Can we CC licensing part of the driver's license then?

My wallet is distended and hurting.
>>
>>32010757
That's why if we keep our gains plus a bit more in the midterms we use a constitutional amendment to permanently nullify all non-hunting state laws around firearms. Federal minimum for everyone!
>>
>>32010980
>Why would this help a gangster commit crimes?
Because if you weren't mentally handicapped you'd know getting caught with an unregistered gun is a felony in CA. If it's legal to carry in places like LA then a bunch of wannabe's will go buy guns to carry. Leading to more heated situations probably ending in guns being drawn. Learn to fucking reading comprehension. I said some counties are fine, but places like LA should definitely still be restricted.

>>32011002
Obtaining a gun is not hard in CA.

>>32010984
Who? Where? Nowhere with high density in CA, that's for sure. Maybe in SF you could cause it's all liberal hippies up there.
>>
>>32010920
>But in places like LA that would just be an absolute fucking nightmare if every gang toting hipster nignog and cholo were carrying shit. Talk about a horror story waiting to happen.
If they can't be trusted with gun rights they can't be citizens. Kill or deport them all.
>>
>>32011147
because criminals follow laws, anon! Clearly this guy is an expert on LA even though he's a fudd from Alabama.
>>
>>32011184
Your argument isn't valid. Just because some actual gangsters carry now doesn't mean a shit load more wannabes will carry if it becomes legal. Actual gangsters wouldn't pull unnecessarily whereas faggots who just talk shit probably would and end up dead.

I'm all for Darwinism but I don't want shit to get worse.
>>
>>32011231
You are a grade A retard. Chicago went from a total handgun ban to shall issue CC and it's still exclusively googles and tacos shooting each other up.
>>
>>32010920
>if every gang toting hipster nignog and cholo were carrying shit.

You act like gangster niggers and cholos aren't already carrying guns.
>>
>>32011248
>>32011253
It can only get worse, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>32010920
I live in Chicago. We went from a complete ban to shall issue in less than six years. Everyone predicted exactly what you're predicting, the only thing thats changed is that we've seen about a dozen robberies get happy endings. Thats it.

We've even had a spike in violence and not even the media or Pfleger have had the gall to accuse carry of having anything to do with it. Its literally such a nonissue that its not even being used in the left's propaganda.
>>
>>32011274
The sky is falling! Wahhhh!
>>
>>32011274
But carry has not led to an increase in violence in an objectively more violent city.
>>
>>32011307
Meh. Guess I'm just overly nervous. Glad I'm not in LA county anymore at least.
>>
>>32011325
Coulda fooled me.
>>
>>32011390
Do you have a single fact to back up your assertion?
>>
>>32006246
>t recognize each others permits. NY natives won't get shit.

TLDR if a NY Pistol Permit holder is caught in NYC carrying he cannot be charged with a crime, but he will be arrested and released - gun likely siezed - ultimate authority to rescind his pistol permit falls on his home county and then the state government.

Some home counties won't do shit because fuck NYC, so NYC has to appeal to the state government - but by that point it's usually just dropped outright.
The idea that it's a guarantee to lose your permit comes from Westchester/Rockland upstaters who get caught with their shit in NYC and their county bends them over a barrel
>>
>>32001590
Good start. Need to get rid of NFA.
>>
>>32006513
Assault Weapons bans are going to come under supreme court review anyway. Hell considering the NRA's effectiveness with Trump they may author a pro gun bill that forces all states to not restrict more than the federal government allows - which would nullify SAFE and Roberti Roos
>>
>>32011403
The fuck did you just say to me, kid?
>>
If you legalize full auto guns, then there will be too much crime and terrorism! common sense gun control is good

Surely you guys agree??
>>
>>32001590
Oh I would definitely love to see this come through one day.

This is truly a great time to be alive don't you agree friend?
>>
>>32010730
What about the republicans at the state level that overrode town and county rights to keep out companies doing fracking?
>>
>>32011598
There is only so much you can do in the first place, if a fracker want's to pay a guy 6 million dollars for his plot of land to frack on who the fuck are you to get in between that transaction?
It ain't the towns land to sell. Faggot
>>
>>32010670
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.