[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a hand gun silent like in movies and video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: BerettaM902.jpg (87KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
BerettaM902.jpg
87KB, 600x400px
Is it possible to make a hand gun silent like in movies and video games without being in a wide open space like a field?
>>
>>31995112
Yes. Subsonic calibers tend to be somewhat quieter than average ammunition
>>
File: t3_2kgcnc.jpg (222KB, 1265x832px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2kgcnc.jpg
222KB, 1265x832px
>>31995112
soviet noiseless is the only way
>>
I remember once someone here told some homo that if you hold the slide shut on a semi auto, it eliminates the noise inherent in a semi auto. I'd like to watch someone try that
>>
>>31999055
Obviously in conjunction with a suppressor
>>
>>31995112
Pretty much any autoloading gun is going to make a fair amount of noise just from cycling.
>>
not op but im from /pol/ and i wanna get a gun to fuck around with. i want a .22 lr pistol that i can put a suppressor and red dot sight on. what pistol should i get?
>>
>>31999055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8WU1auVZGw
>>
>>32000799
>I'm from /pol/
stay there
>>
>>32000900
nigger detected
>>
>>32000908
stay mad drumpftard
>>
File: 1475483135141.png (76KB, 454x739px) Image search: [Google]
1475483135141.png
76KB, 454x739px
Good suppressor + subsonic ammo (i.e. any ammo that leaves the barrel at lower than 1,000 feet per second) + not big explosion (suppressed shotguns always make a big thunk) = pretty silent.

The most noise will come from the semi-automatic weapon cycling the next round in. Guns like the Ruger Mk. aren't all that loud while doing this. For complete and utter silencing, something like a revolver in a caliber that is .45 auto or lower (no magnum rounds) is ideal.
>>
>>32000908

>How to win friends and influence people
>>
>>32000932
Wow the hill-shills are still crying?
>>
>>32000900
This
>>
>>32000940
You sure a revolver that isn't a nagant is gonna be quiet? I'm pretty sure it won't be. Something about a cylinder gap.
>>
>>32001154
That's not exactly something I've considered.

My only personal experience with suppressors is with semi-automatic firearms. Best ones I've used is a Ruger Mk. and a USP .45.
>>
>>32000900
I'm from here and I regularly post on /pol/
>>
>>32001183
Oh okay. I haven't had the joy of shooting suppressed yet, so I don't really know. I was just thinking about it and the way gases would escape. I've heard the best combination is a bolt action rifle and a can. Someone did it with a Steyr scout in .300 Blackout and it's pretty cool.
>>
>>32001290
Eh, there are many practical uses for suppressors but the only way I see bolt-actions being good is if you need someone dead from a range but the only possible shot you have is right next to someone.

And hey, that's probably realistically possible. Plus, you need to be using a round designed for suppression or close-range, like the .300 Blackout or Whisper.

I'm thinking more assassination and concealment, so maybe the Nagant Revolver is still something we need to be thinking about.

Then again, I'm a futurist when it comes to guns. If I had an army to outfit I'd be replacing 5.56 and .308 as our "two calibers," with .300 Blackout and 6.8 SPC.
>>
>>32000940
You cannot suppress a revolver. A Nagant revolver is the exception and suppressing that would be kinda silly because it's more a historical piece and you'd need to ruin the barrel.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.