[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of this design? Obviously based on other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (630KB, 1904x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
630KB, 1904x855px
What does /k/ think of this design? Obviously based on other auto cocking revolvers however the barrel will make a complete gas seal allowing for suppression. Any other /k/oncept artists?
>>
>>31990326
Apologies for ant image btw, posting off old 3G phone
>>
This looks super gay. Anything much bigger than .22lr will make an eight round cylinder way too fat to ever conceal, so you might as well put a 4-6" barrel on it.
>>
>>31990342
Who said concealment? You are aware that 8 round cylinder 357s already exist right? Blah blah you can add a bigger barrel later and the action will still work. Idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x447px
>>31990342
>>
Come on don't die on my now thread
>>
>>31990590
Calm down, /k/ is slow. Also, OP can't bump.

On the upside, this allows the suppression of rounds that don't fit very well into semi autos, if you can make it work reliably. On the downside, the recoiling mass will change as you deplete the cylinder. There is also the unwieldly nature of a 6 o'clock barrel, but I can see why you would do that for this.

I guess I'm not particularly visionary. If you see a market for suppressing magnum rounds, then this might survive engineering.
>>
>>31990326
Problem:

With guns that operate like this, the mass of the moving barrel and bolt are very important. It needs to be just right to ensure that the bolt and barrel move enough to cycle. Adding a suppressor onto the barrel will change that weight, and you'll run into issues as your barrel is now twice (or so) as heavy and thus won't move as far.

Additionally, if you use subsonic rounds, there is even less energy in the system.

It could work with a suppressor if you manually cycled it between each suppressed shot, but this really defeats the whole purpose of the design. You could build a much simpler revolver which sealed itself (ala the hand nugget) which would get the same just done at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>31990326
What makes revolvers desirable is that they are reliable and accurate because they don't have any parts that move after cartridge firing.

Recoil operated revolvers lose these characteristics. If you want a suppressed semi-auto handgun wouldn't you want a conventional autoloader?
>>
>>31990326
Looks stupid and overly complex.

If you make it look bladerunner-esque or deus-ex-y enough it will look neat

Go-make-it-in-your-garage-op/10
>>
>>31990326
interesting concept. like above anons said, main issues are gonna be the top-heavy shifting mass and proper cycling, plus i could see problems arising from dirt/debris entering the opened cylinder and preventing a proper seal. and there are already better designs for each individual function youve incorporated into this design.

looks dope tho, im sure you could make a gorillion bucks naming it something masculine, advertising it as innovative, and selling it to noguns faggots. dont stop konceptualizing breh
>>
>>31990326
so you re-invented the Webley-Fosbery, and mixed in the whole firing from the bottom cylinder of the Mateba and Rhino, and then put in a nagant gas seal system
>>
>>31990356
>8 shot
>357

My fucking dick. The shit we miss out on here in Australia.
>>
Too late, the Russians already made a revolver built for suppression.
>>
>>31993160
You could say the same thing about any semi auto with a suppressor attached, just make the return spring powerful enough to return te barrel as well as turn the cylinder. And as for cost, having a quick reload full metal cylinder would be too costly, that's the point of the half polymer clip, so it's "disposable" and can quickly be reloaded
>>
>>31990326
> it's just the Webley Automatic all over again
>>
>>31990326
All the recoil-dampening benefit of a bottom-firing barrel is lost because of the reciprocating cylinder
>>
>>31994650
How would moving the barrel higher from the hand reduce recoil? That makes no sense. Again, this is the same problem semi autos have that they overcome. And before you say weight remember it's a polymer cylinder, not milled
>>
>>31994550
And yes, should I have put an inb4 so you actually read my post
>>
>>31990356
It's pretty short for something not intended to be concealed.

>>31993160
If it's intended to be supressed, why not make the barrel longer and add an integral supressor?
>>
>>31993160
the cylinder is also part of that so every round fired will change the weight
>>
>>31994751
Well yeah but by the weight of a single load of powder and bullet. You don't seriously think that acts as a counterbalance to the slide do you? How do other auto revolvers work then?
>>
>>31994732
All good points, I'm open to other people's interpretations. An integral suppressor that recoiled into the frame would be pretty dope
>>
>>31990326
if you make working model I'll travel to where you live and give you best blowjob of your life (no matter if you like it or not)
>>
>>31994785
I was thinking more like the vss vintorez, with the reciprocating barrel being drilled out and floating inside the sleeve that contains the baffles.
>>
>>31990326
So...mateba/fosberry bastard?
I like it, for one.

But I don't think many others will due to >>31993673. Most autorevolvers happened around the turn of the century to get around military contract requirements, or as a novelty that let you have ammo compatibility with your revolver collection.

On the other hand, if you make it just a break action Mateba ripoff (less the semi auto part) you would have some interested persons.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.