[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /k/ I bought my first firearm today. I settled with a mossberg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-Mossberg_702_Plinkster.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Mossberg_702_Plinkster.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
Well /k/ I bought my first firearm today. I settled with a mossberg 702 Plinkster .22lr

I was using gift card money and some cash I had to get one and I say i am pleased. Other than some feeding issues. The rifle shoots nice and steady. My knowledge of firearms are slim so im slowly learning.

What other budget guns are out there that I could have chose as well that are a good choice?

Where does a novice go from here? I've also shot a type 56 sks from the old days and a couple glocks in the 40-45 cal range. (Gen not sure)
>>
Oh and my money is TIGHT TIGHT so Im not able to get an ar-15 or anything.

The ammo for the rifle above im using is cci. What do you all shoot? Prefer?
>>
>>31985295
For 100 bucks not much. For 200 bucks you're into some lower-end, but decently reliable, shotguns. Between 2-300 is the magic number for beginners. You could get most of the EAA lineup of handguns which are good, police trade-in Glock and sometimes Sigs, used higher end shotguns of semi-auto or pump origin, anything Taurus has ever made because their fanboys won't "take less than what I think it's worth", used Berettas be it sub-compact up to full size battle pistols and 3/4 of the compact/subcompact line that exists.

Not to mention surplus stuff. TTs, Kareens, Jerichos, Nuggets etc can all be had for under 250 if you look enough. There are also a ton of decent bolt action rifles that hover around the 2-400 dollar mark.
>>
File: tec.jpg (58KB, 640x542px) Image search: [Google]
tec.jpg
58KB, 640x542px
>>31985323

I see thanks for the input. I know next time ill be shelling a little more money because its true you get what you pay for.

Now Im not trying to be a "g" or nothing but has anyone dabbled with intratec products?

I had another choice of buying a high point for little more that looked "okay" but I hear people trash talking the brand alot. I even asked a friend he said they aren't bad but I wouldn't protect my life with it.
>>
>>31985295
I've got a 702 as well. Mine does not like cci stingers, ftf every other shot. I run bulk 22 (Remington/Federal) through it no problem. Strangely though my friend , ex armyfag, can't go a mag without a stovepipe
>>
>>31985338
I'm>>31985323

I've owned a dc-9 before and they're fun for novelty's sake. You gotta remember though the original one was built like a MAC. It's supposed to be an open-bolt subgun. That being said they're terribly unreliable in semi-auto closed bolt format.

I would trust my life to a Hipoint before a tec9 any day of the week. Hi-points are ugly as shit but if they're in functioning condition they're just as reliable as they are ugly. What kind of money are you trying to spend?
>>
File: noodle.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
noodle.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>31985342
Okay I see Ill have to pick up a box of different ones and see what I can do. Im glad im not the only one haha. I was heartbroken when I shot it I was like fuck my first rifle and Im getting these hiccups but I guess it will help me get a better learning curve of how the rifle fires down to parts. Id love to get a bigger magazine for mine as well. Off to the sporting goods store IN a few haha.
>>
File: walther.jpg (435KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [Google]
walther.jpg
435KB, 1200x888px
>>31985350

Well after purchasing the rifle for 120.00 my funds are kinda slim so im just trying to get some ideas on what to get next. But id say next time 300-400 Im kinda leaning towards a pistol though. Somewhere around the 40 cal range. The 45 glock I shot today was a great pistol but might be a little too much for me.

Id like to get something small like this walther but im assuming walther is a little more pricey.
>>
>>31985370
The only bad thing about that particular gun is you can't find them outside of .22 and .380 which are both dismissable as defense rounds. Go on armslist and check around for used stuff, you might come up on a deal.

If .45 is too much .40 is snappier instead of the slow thud recoil. I'd suggest just going 9mm for the price and variations of ammo. There's also a loooong list of compact 9mm pistols as well. Keltecs, DBs, Glocks, S&W revolvers, Taurus shit..... the list just goes on and on.

Go to slickguns website to their handgun page and just observe what is there for a month or two and read up.
>>
>>31985429

Okay nice thanks for the share. im checking this now.
>>
>>31985429
>which are both dismissable as defense rounds
Would you like to be shot by a .380?
>>
File: Bersa Thunder 380 Plus.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Bersa Thunder 380 Plus.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>31985370
I got this for $271 otd recently. It's very similar to the Walther but costs much less.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_267 Nov. 13 10.29.jpg (129KB, 1198x509px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_267 Nov. 13 10.29.jpg
129KB, 1198x509px
>>31985429

jesus christ, modern .380 defense loads are basically the same as 9mm.
>>
>>31985370
Forget about other guns for now unless you have a pressing need for HD. Just get a mess of ammo, go to the range, and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>31985323
Man your prices are so fucking off. There is no way he can get a used sig 200-300 ever. The only Glock he can get is a trade in 22 or 23 and those are in the 325-375 range.
Also there are no Kareens and Jerichos under 250, the lowest they got was 259. You can't look at the lowest price you see and think "well then there must be more cheaper then obviously".

I know you are just trying to help but the one thing that irritates me about fellow gun bros is how awful we conflate prices. Tell him the actual truth, don't round down and factor out things like ffl fee, tax, and shipping. Because once you add up the rounding down we do and the fees we end up lying to OPs by 150 bucks, suddenly that "250 dollar" gun we told him he could get is now 400.
>>
>>31987668
These are prices I've considered buying all the aforementioned at but I guess I'm one of the few who leaves my house to go check stuff out at my local LGSs and compare prices. There's been deals on Kareens for 250 for the past 9 months. There was an Egyptian police trade-in that came in with the last Kareens on Jerichos for 259.99 as well. Not to mention the last batch of Glocknades that was on buds for 260-350 depending on model and condition.

Shipping costs me 10 bucks and FFLs are another 20 so I guess that's where my rounding mostly goes. Who in the fuck pays 100 dollars for an FFL? A tard. That's who. Who pays 50 bucks for shipping? A tard. That's who.

Also you very likely might find a used P320 or a P238 in that price range. Just because it's not a 226 or a 229 doesn't mean it's not a Sig you faghat.
>>
>>31985295
I'm also in the process of getting my first firearm today. I'm deciding between 2 .22lr fully stock Ruger 10/22 ($200 trying to bring it down to 160-180) or a savage semi with bipod and scope. Savage is asking for $220 but heard their cartridges are horrible. Can someone give any advice. Read the sticky but these are 2 models in my area i can get for cheap.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.