[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for Colorado and Washington /k/ommandos. My father has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: glass-hecklerkoch-mp5k-gun-4907.jpg (89KB, 778x648px) Image search: [Google]
glass-hecklerkoch-mp5k-gun-4907.jpg
89KB, 778x648px
Question for Colorado and Washington /k/ommandos. My father has a painful illness and will not take narcotics to numb the pain. Here in Nevada, we just voted to legalize Marijuana for recreational purposes. My father and I are both gun nuts and CHL holders. We had medical marijuana in this state before, but having a license would prohibit you from legally buying, or carrying firearms. My dad smoked weed decades ago, and is open to the idea of using it to try and dull the pain he experiences daily. As I understand it you cannot be "unlawfully using, or addicted to any controlled substance ".

>tl;dr - can my dad now LEGALLY use marijuana occasionally, and still retain all of his firearms rights?
>>
>>31983597
In Colorado, yes and no. If treated like alcohol, it should be fine. Just don't mention it to the gun clerk or come in high, and do t carry when using. However, if you get a medical card, he will not be able to purchase a gun or keep his current guns.
>>
>>31983597
Legally no, he's still breaking federal law.

Will anyone care as long as you're dad is still in the state when he smokes? Nope. Best of luck to your father, sounds like a rough time.
>>
Curious about this myself. What does your dad suffer from?
>>
>>31983597
Your best bet is to find someone else who can get your father weed who doesn't care about guns or mind losing their rights.
It's bullshit, but seriously marijuana is better than any opioid. Maybe if you have a sympathetic friend or coworker they'll help?
>>
>>31983613
>>31983620
That's kind of what I thought. I know it's still federally illegal, but what isn't at this fucking point? I am just worried about the potential grey area that could be disastrous. IE he has a joint in his glovebox, carrying his kimber, and has his AR15 in the trunk when he gets pulled over. So it is treated identically to alcohol right? As long as he isn't drunk/high when using a weapon he's fine right?

>>31983635
Diabetic neuropathy and slowly worsening kidney failure.
>>
>>31983658
Well, to consume it, at some point he would have to be in possession of it. I know I'm being overly paranoid, but just like with equally horseshit laws such as .922R compliance, we like to obey the law whenever possible.
>>
>>31983597
Congrats from ME on the victory. As long as he doesn't walk into the gun store blowing fat clouds and wearing a weed shirt he should be in the clear.
>>
>>31983665
>IE he has a joint in his glovebox
Well here in Washington, that alone would get you in trouble. It has to be in the trunk. And in a sealed container.
>>
>>31983665
Yes, it will be treated like alcohol but that really depends on the officer/caseworker. If the officer has a stick up his ass, he could potentially have your dad tested, and if he comes up positive he could potentially lose his guns.
>>
>>31983735
Thanks M8

>>31983765
Oh shit. I guess I'll have to llok into the particulars of how to store and transport it. I didn't even think of that. I thought it would be like booze or tobacco.
>>
>>31983783
Could they do the same for alcohol? Wouldn't they have to prove he was illegally using it or was addicted to it?
>>
>>31983597

The laws around guns and background checks are Federal laws, marijuana is still Federally illegal.

The laws around recreational use are State laws.

So it's legal at the state level to use, but breaking a federal law to use and have firearms.

So until it becomes legally federally to use marijuana your dad would be commuting a federal crime smoking and having guns.

BUT, if the cops ever come asking, I mean, the weed is your dad's and the guns are yours, right? Your dad would gladly give his guns to you for safekeeping so he can manage his pain, right?
>>
>>31983790
They could, but it's much easier to get a positive hit for weed because it hangs around longer.
>>
>>31983796
Out here in CO a dad could give his son his guns without a transfer.
>>
>>31983703
Dude don't be that paranoid.
>>
>>31983597

>Using weed

Welp, I hope you know that it reduces your sperm count by a third in men and screws up the development of testicles/ovaries in pregnant women. Weed is thought to be the primary contributor for sperm counts declining by 60% in western men since the 70s.
>>
>>31983597
>will not take narcotics to numb the pain
>but willing to take weed
Uh, okay?
>>
>>31983597
>As I understand it you cannot be "unlawfully using, or addicted to any controlled substance "
federal law is not undone by state law.
He could just lie.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.