[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does one get a cheek weld with this helmet? im not good with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1479009954396.png (743KB, 821x815px) Image search: [Google]
1479009954396.png
743KB, 821x815px
how does one get a cheek weld with this helmet?
im not good with guns or anything, but this doesnt seem like a good idea?
>>
File: 1025161122.jpg (464KB, 1331x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1025161122.jpg
464KB, 1331x2365px
>>31982191
Simple,have it flex. Use a wide reflex red dot. can't your rifle 45 degrees etc. If that is you in the picture how do you like that helmet setup? I was 50/50 with crye vs opscore.
>>
>>31982297
>>31982191
looks like emdom.
>>
It's mostly for helicopter gunners or other machine guns that don't have a stock.
>>
I would probably tilt my face toward the rifle and look down the rail from the corner of my eye
>>
>>31982191

You don't need to aim if you look bad ass enough.
>>
>>31982191
As a Marine infantryman I always was annoyed by the idea of full face masks.

Its irritating enough to deal with just a helmet, and any extra gear on patrol sucks. It just fucking sucks.

Anyone who has actually heavily patrolled can tell you, if its not critical its not coming on the mission.

Why would I want to strap a few extra pounds directly to my face making breathing harder, vision poorer, and the environment generally more uncofortable to endure just in the .5% chance I get shot in the face, in which case its most likley a sniper with a highpowered rifle that is going to negate any protection it offeres in the first place.

Maybe air crew wear them to feel more badass, or assorted POG gear queers trying to emulate what it is they think we do.

End of the day, any face enclosure that is still wearable isnt really offering enough protection to be worth the extra weight, discomfort, and field of view restrictions that it imposes.

If you get shot in the face (less that .5% of fatalities were such wounds in the last decade)
Its probably going to be a high powered rifle which will ignore the face mask anyways.

As for shrapnel and such, one should be more worried about thier balls. Docs can rebuild yer face pretty good, they aint so good and fixing your junk though.
>>
File: 134774582234.jpg (292KB, 1513x1775px) Image search: [Google]
134774582234.jpg
292KB, 1513x1775px
>>31982306
This.

My troop had them back in 09. Bad ass as they were, it was too fucking hot to even use them for gunners on trucks. Ended up regulating them to the makeshift batting cage. I wish I saved the pics.
>>
>>31982297

Scorpion? Serbian special forces?
>>
>>31982297
I was thinking about airsoft as well, how is it?
>>
>>31982968
Are you a Space Marine, Anon?
>>
>>31982191

You use a stock with no cheek weld, genius.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.